or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Misa~Chan Rarity

I really enjoyed this map. It gave me a Die Rise-y feel, something that most maps just don't do. Sure, it has its bugs, but this is good practice for your future work that I'm sure will blow us away. The weapons selection was a good mixture of guns from different games, and the Juggernaut zombies made for some good fun.
9 years ago
I died and started as the Who's Who ghost. When I go and reviving myself, the screen turns black and white like this image...
(image from another game, just to let you know the exact colors... )
(Image removed from quote.)
The way that this Who's Who is scripted is supposed to make it seem like you're tripping on acid. It's kinda like the way it was done on BO2, but with a slight twist to make it a little more challenging to use.
9 years ago
I'm really impressed with the work you guys have put into this mod. I've seen lots of people asking if the wait will be worth it through the last few months, and I think you've answered their questions pretty definitively with the reveal of the BETA.
I'm proud of your hard work, and I'm glad you didn't cut any corners by releasing it just because people were demanding that you do so. I know one thing for certain, and that is that when the final release is given to the public, I won't be seen by my friends and family for a few days.
9 years ago
Dat round-change music tho.  8) I'm not entirely sure if you could play this map for youtube simply because that music is overly sexy. :derp:
9 years ago

As I read through these comments I see alot of people asking if you could nerf things to make it easier. I believe you made this map challenging for a reason. I really hope you keep it the way it is, other than fix the actual bugs reported. There is an easy option for those who believe this map is to challenging for them. Use it!
Agreed. This is[ a challenging map by design. We weren't meant to discover all of its secrets quickly and easily. I had to play it on easy several times just to get acquainted with the layout of the map. I don't blame anyone for playing on easy, because this map is difficult, but that's part of what will have us coming back to this map over and over again.
9 years ago
What do you do in the boy of silence room.
In my experience, you enter the room then get rekt by an army of the eternally damned with your only hope being a glimpse into another room though a wire fence as they rip you limb from bloody limb.

Now as for what Redspace intends for you to do, I haven't the foggiest.
9 years ago
Besy MAP i ever played :) ;D

Seems like we've been saying that a lot lately. Looks like this community has decided to step it up and take a stand for quality over quantity. I'd much rather have a small handful of spectacular maps like we've had lately instead of dozens of maps that took no real effort at all. I like what I've been seeing lately, and I certainly hope this trend continues.
9 years ago
Excitement fills the air as the UGX mod 1.1 is nearly within our grasps. Thanks to this mod, there is no legitimate excuse for maps to be poorly modded in the future. Thanks to the whole UGX team for taking the time to do things right instead of settling for less.
9 years ago
I must say that I was impressed for a "first map" post. You have potential, to say the least. It seems apparent to me that you also have a good idea of how a map should be laid out. I'm expecting big things from you, sir/madame.
9 years ago
Nice work on the map. I see you took a few suggestions from the comments on the WIP post, and it goes quite well with the map layout. I enjoyed the changing size of the playing field. It made me have to think of how I was going to run each round. All in all, it's a great seasonal map that definitely captures the feeling of Halloween and brings back all those childhood memories of raiding your neighbor's house for valuables asking your neighbors for candy.

I don't know what the odds are, but my first attempt was cut short due to my horrible luck. After round 1, I went to a door to trick-or-treat, and a Panzersoldat comes at me. I haven't seen another one since :lol:
9 years ago

I was planning on adding after life from mob but redspace requested to release his map before having it in others

So I guess the question I have is, do you intend on adding afterlife once RedSpace releases his own map, or is this the final version of the map? It's perfect the way it is, but I think afterlife would just make the map that much more epic.
10 years ago
At first, I saw the first room, thinking "This is pretty neat. Excellent weaponry, HUD, zombie skins, random Player1 character." Then I kept going, I saw more MOTD features and even some features that made me feel like I was playing Outlast.

Then discovered I needed a new chair, because the Buried ghosts made me crap myself. Then I got mauled by the boss zombie.

Very few times do I die on a zombie map that I have a smile on my face, thinking "GG, I ain't even mad." Normally I find myself being critical of my playing style or the mapmaker's attempts to add unnecessary difficulty to a map. This was not the case here. The map itself doesn't take long to get used to. But once you get used to something, like the nice little camping spot where all the zombies bottleneck through a single opening, a curveball hits you, like a massive zombie running down the hallway perpendicular to the camping spot.

To be honest, I thought we wouldn't have any more "good" maps until UGX 1.1 was released, but I was wrong. Well, kinda. This map really isn't what you could consider "good." Calling this map "good" would be like calling the Zombies gamemode a "good" gamemode. Understatement of the century. This map is phenomenal to say the least. It will definitely be going into the list of "Most Replayable Maps" for me. Right up there with Sumpf and Bunker. Especially with the EE. It isn't one of those EEs where you have to have a pHD in investigative forensics and the source code printed out beside you to get. I thoroughly enjoyed this map, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
10 years ago
I'm sorry but zombies are moving ridiculously fast
You start with pistol and there's no wall weapon around

Don't quit now. Do you really want to admit that a brony is better at Zombies than you? (since most hardcore CoD guys hate bronies with a fiery passion)

And did you even play Moon, bro? In No Man's Land, all you had was a pistol and your wits with zombies running at you and dogs spawning in your face. It was like being in OJ Simpson's car during the police chase.

Amount of doors you have to buy until you get to Jugg or a wallweapon is beyond ridiculous.

Good thinking, good map but this poor execution is like you don't want people to play your map.

I actually thought that having Jugg only 4 doors away was generosity on OP's part. And he even gave us 2 SMG's, 2 rifles, and a shovel to rack up the points to buy it with.
I don't mean to be a jerk, but your argument just falls flat.
10 years ago
"That won't really be a good idea since when you pass by a Zombie on your sides, they swipe you down every time."

Yeah, that WaW zombie omniscience tho.

I can't wait for the day that some genius writes a script to make the zombies less like black holes with arms and more like the zombies from BO2.
10 years ago
You don't give yourself enough credit, Smasher. When I read that the map was "fairly small", I assumed it was slightly larger than Nacht Der Untoten or "Bus Depot". This map is fairly large, in my opinion. While the Verruckt runners make solo play slightly more difficult, it's nice to have a map that allows players to train zombies up. It seems like there have been a lot of maps lately that have random props and walls just for the sake of preventing training, so this was a breath of fresh air.

As for any players that are having trouble on solo, my advice for you is just to run your train in the spawn area. Whether by design or not, the Quick Revive allows for unlimited purchases. So if you just want to see the map and just can't seem to survive long enough, stay in the start room and build up those points.  :accepted:
10 years ago
Loading ...