or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MegaMech43

I used Wraith to export the shadowman and then used export2bin.exe to import him into Asset Editor.
When I compile/link my map I receieve the "Too many bones in model cannot exceed 255" error.
My guess, is that I have to use Maya to somehow split the model into different pieces or something.
If that is what I need to do, is anyone willing to do that for me if I send them the requires resources?
Then we could release the files so that anyone has easy access to the shadowman.

I do not have Maya.

console log output:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ERROR: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\\model_export/..\Wraith\exported_files\black_ops_3\xmodels\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb_LOD0.XMODEL_BIN(6): Too many bones in model. Numbones (including bone controllers & bone stabilizers, but excluding cosmetic bones) cannot exceed 255.
... ... ... ...
ERROR: K:\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty Black Ops III\\model_export/..\Wraith\exported_files\black_ops_3\xmodels\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb_LOD0.XMODEL_BIN(6): Too many bones in model. Numbones (including bone controllers & bone stabilizers, but excluding cosmetic bones) cannot exceed 255.

^1Could not load mesh '..\Wraith\exported_files\black_ops_3\xmodels\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb\c_zom_zod_shadowman_fb_LOD0.XMODEL_BIN' for xmodel 'shadowman_fb'
  xmodel:shadowman_fb
    col_map:maps/zm/zm_gladiator.d3dbsp

^1ERROR: 'p7_clipboard_01_wpaper' is not a valid physpreset asset
  physpreset:p7_clipboard_01_wpaper
    xmodel:p7_clipboard_01_wpaper
      col_map:maps/zm/zm_gladiator.d3dbsp

^1bad static model 'shadowman_fb' at (-101 -563 121), using default_static_model
7 years ago
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Should be able to figure it out from here.
7 years ago
I want him to sit down and shut up haha.
I'm using him as a shop keeper. So I only need the shadowman model. IDC if it's T-posed
I don't want to spend hours trying then realizing it's impossible due to DRM crap or something that's why I posted on here.
I thought that maybe content from the dlc's may be locked off from modding to stop pirating.
7 years ago
Is it possible to add the shadowman from the Shadows of Evil map?
7 years ago
Ah hahaha. Can't believe I put [1] instead of
  • . Such a nooby mistake.

First of all I think the last two parameters of MoveTo needs to be under "1" ex "0.5" in order to work.

Now here's my next problem and a huge frustration at radiant tools.
Let's take the Z value (Which should actually be Y, up and down).
In radiant tools it takes the top of the model. Whether the center or a corner I don't know.
For the method MoveTo it takes the very center of the model.
So when I position the model in radiant tools, and copy the coordinates, I get a very different output in-game.
Any way around this? Is it possible to move the manipulation handles to the edge?
It would be nice if the game told you the size of your object.

This code works.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
doorL = GetEnt("craft_door_a", "targetname");
door_target = GetEnt( "craft_door_a_target",
doorL MoveTo( (-1213.4,723.6,265), 3, 0.3, 0.3 );
7 years ago
Does this code look correct to make a brushmodel move.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
doorL = GetEnt(blahblahblah);
vectorarray = [];
vectorarray[1] = 80; vectorarray[2] = 0; vectorarray[3] = 80;
  vector = VectorScale( vectorarray , 1 );

doorL MoveTo( doorL.origin + vector, 10, 10 * 0.25, 10 * 0.25 );
7 years ago
Loading ...