or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MegaMech43

I want to also mention that I'm all for sharing code so that others can implement features easier into their maps. If it helps you get started I'll give you code that I use for my doors and you can edit it to do what you want. I have a chunk of floor that goes down when you buy it. That could be edited for use as an elevator. I'm not going to make the code for you though. If I had elevator code I'd share it. If someone else wants to make it for you though, great!
7 years ago
Not necessarily. You could make the zone trigger a script but the OP didn't specify. I find it easier to use a trigger.
My example didn't explain how to trigger the code. It's easy enough to figure out.
7 years ago
Black ops 3 was made using C++. GSC is a derivative of the language that black ops 3 was created with. GSC is a derivative of C++. C and C++ are such a similar language it's not worth arguing about. Game developers use many different languages when they develop their games and I wouldn't be surprised if a slew of C and C++ were used. C++ is the base for black ops 3 though.
7 years ago
Shouldn't really. Variables types have limits, so I would assume function names would have some kind of theoretical character limit.
7 years ago
Code it yourself and ask for help when you get stuck. There's different techniques to building elevators and probably pathing issues too.
You'll need getent function maybe teleport. Maybe moveto or edit mesh.origin
And buttons to activate it.
Search through the code from the shared folder to find how the developers do things.
If you know c++ you'll catch onto gsc easily. If you're a noob you might struggle a bit. But should catch on eventually if you understand the basics

GSC is based on c++
7 years ago
Title.
Just curious, too lazy to look it up. Short on time, although this post probably took longer to make.
7 years ago
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using scripts\zm\_zm_utility; //This line goes else where, you can figure it out
function ouijfadregiojharegregajkuharegujkharegkjhregakjharegjhklaregjkh() {
players = getplayers();
for(i=0; i<players.size; i++)
{
             zm_utility::play_sound_at_pos('sound', 'players[i].origin');
}
}
//put the following line in the main class.
ouijfadregiojharegregajkuharegujkharegkjhregakjharegjhklaregjkh();

You'll need to either sort through zm_utility to find a play sound function or work with the one I gave you or search through the API for a play sound function that does what you want it to do. What I wrote before was pseudo code. It's up to you to make it work. I copy'd some code from my own code. So what I put in this reply is compilable.

You should start by learning this: https://www.w3schools.com/js/
Then you'll understand the basic concepts of GSC.
7 years ago
Get all the players with a for loop. Use zm utility for sound
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using zmutility
For()
Var player Get players[i]
zmutility::playsound('sound', 'player')
End
[code]
7 years ago
Depends on what you're doing. For example

if (variable_name) {break;}

(Code elsewhere)

if (blah) {variable_name = true;}
or you could just do
variable_name = true;
Now next time the code runs it will stop. Actually you probably want this code BEFORE the sound plays to prevent it from playing again.
7 years ago
Experiment and try everything till it works. I have a box directly under a flight of stairs and zombies path down them still.

Create a 'science lab' copy/paste your arete somewhere else and see if they can climb up it. Or just experiment on what you already have. Keep making adjustments till it works. Try a really big change so that you can eliminate possibilities. Try changing the angle, or maybe they can't path through the kind of model that you're using. Maybe you need a clip, etc.
Here is an excellent flow chart to help you out:
Do Zombies path properly?
No? Adjust something, and see if they path properly now. Repeat
Yes? 3. Profit

#trialanderror

Maybe the clip from the perk machine is stopping the zombie or the angle of attack is too steep on the arete.
7 years ago
Post the error. Try deleting light model. Maybe bad key or data value
7 years ago
Make sure all of the floors are connected. I thought path nodes didn't do anything in blak cops 3

Sometimes if a door way isn't big enough that can stop them too. Also make sure you're zones are setup.
7 years ago
Loading ...