or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - masterguyperson

Hello all. Sooo I am having a problem with the UI that is driving me nuts! So for whatever reason, my I wasn't able to scroll in the model browser, or any of the other browsers, for whatever reason, so I tried floating the model window to see if that had might help to that. Well it did, but long story short, I ended up resetting the UI of Radiant and upon trying to place everything back into their respective places (and here is where the real question is), I can't seem to get any of the toolbar windows to snap into radiant. What I mean is, when I am pick up, let's say, the model tool tab, and I try to drag it to the edge of the software, when I release the mouse, instead of hooking in to that side of radiant, it just creates a floating window type of dealy. How do I stop this from happening?? I really hope some of that made sense, haha!

Thanks

EDIT: So apparently, a restart of the PC seemed to actually fix this issue. :D
7 years ago
Well glad that you see it that way! :D
And if you were looking, you guys where probably looking for a long time, because all the perk machines are not there as of yet, hahaha. That is definitely something I should add to it.
And I did try my best to prevent glitching. Though I was almost tempted to, maybe perhaps, design a place where glitching may be possible for the player to discover. I remember back in the day at WaW, with the original maps, glitching and trying to find glitches, going on youtube to see where other people found some, was all apart of the fun, such great memories, hahaha!
As for the box, I have even found myself saying that! XD What I may do is open up the hallway, and prevent the zombies from crawling up the hole in the wall.

Double Post Merge: October 18, 2016, 04:50:35 pm
I have now updated it with the speed cola, as well as opening up the box room so it is not so claustrophobic in there. It is now much easier to survive in there! :D
7 years ago
Again, thank you! :D the placements of the perk machines was kinda last minute and I more picked and chose where they would go instead of planning and plotting where they would go all along, haha. Well, except for the pack-a-punch machine, box, and the power, I knew where those were going to go from the start. And I thought it would be a cool little thing about the map to have the pack-a-punch machine resting atop that debris, just sort of teasing the player that it's right there, but they still have to reach the power, which is also teased behind the fence. And as if I hadn't done it enough already, I teased the box just above the pack-a-punch, haha. I mean, it's not like it's super hard to get to all of them, but I guess it's just kind of a nice visual treat like that or something, haha!

And it makes me very happy to hear that, I try my best to detail my maps, it's probably the thing I spend the most time on. When I am testing my maps, I'll ask my self, "does this room feel too empty?" and in the case it does, I go in and just start adding stuff to that room till I just can't anymore. Thank goodness for decals, they really help in breaking down the repetitiveness of rooms sometimes, haha! And yess, that was always something that intrigued me about zombies, all the way back to the very first zombie map ever. Just what was behind the windows, where the zombies came from. I can't explain it, but I guess I just love the illusion that there is a whole world behind them, when really, there's like just another room or two that is only detailed to be viewed from one direction. SO dang interesting! XD

Gosh, I really don't know exactly how long, I believe I made it within the span of two weeks, I spent well over a 100 hours on this, I must be really slow at making maps XD I am also new to radiant so I did have to get past the learning curve for some of it, so there is that too, haha. But I really enjoyed most of the process making the map. It's definitely something I would enjoy doing if I had more time all the time, hahahaha!
8 years ago
Thank you so much! I always wanted to make a zombies map, but I never had Waw on the PC, back then I played on the 360, so I was very excited to hear that BO3 was getting mod tools :D

It is a small map, but I sure did put in a lot of effort into detailing it, haha. I may yet add onto it in future updates! And I definitely think that screenshots for these kinda these are a necessary thing, so I had to take a good couple, haha. I'll tell you though, getting that video was actually kinda tough XD Had many problems with the recorder, and then when I finally got that working, I had to get a good recording without me dying too soon and not using cheats. The strugglessss. XD
8 years ago
Hi all, this is my very first Call of Duty/zombies map! This map may be small, but I put a lot of effort into it! Here is the steam workshop link for anyone who is interested! Leave feedback if you feel the need :D https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=779399354

8 years ago
You know, that is actually a pretty cool idea, I'll be interested to see how this is looking after you have put in some good work on it! :D
8 years ago
Hello all, I'd like to address the problem that I have mentioned in the title here.

First though, I just want to say, please don't link me up with this video as a response http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfpDHz7p-30 I don't mean to sound like a tool, and it's not that this wasn't helpful, I just feel like not enough was explained in it. I was able to achieve my zombies climbing up to a point. But the problem I am facing is that I cannot get them to jump down. It's also worth mentioning that I cannot seem to get the zombies to climb up a certain distance. I know that there are only a couple animations and heights followed with that that you can assign the zombies, but I haven't a clue as to make them execute the specific functions and animations besides the one that was displayed in the video tutorial. For example: I have this wall that is a couple feet in the air, high enough to where you'd have to climb it to get over. I have the nodes set up for the zombies to climb over it, but following that video tutorial, the zombies will climb way higher than the wall and just kinda float until they finish their animation, from which they will pop down onto the top of the wall.

I suppose what I am asking here is, would someone be kind enough as to explain in detail how you go about setting up these nodes to get the zombies to climb up at certain heights, and also, jumping down at certain heights? I would be very appreciative of whomever would! :D
8 years ago
Loading ...