or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - MakeCents

Any errors?
7 years ago
I don't know how it would appear, but if it does, then it should play. I don't see anything else wrong. Try using a wav file that works for the one that isn't, and if it does, then you know your issue.

like this, where if 2 is working, when it says Playing Sound 3
Code Snippet
Plaintext
puzzle_3_enter,,,zm_city\puzzle_enter\puzzle_2_enter.wav,,,UIN_MOD,,,,,,,,,,,80,80,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

7 years ago
he has puzzle_1_enter through puzzle_3_enter, so if you changes it to 0, he will have to add one in perens in the getent. He would actually have to change puzzles to 4, to get a 1, 2, 3. Right now its stopping when i becomes 3 because it isn't < puzzles.

On a side note, you don't have to keep spawning the origin in the same place. PlaySoundAtPosition(<aliasname>,<position>) can be used instead.
7 years ago
You're in the BO3 scripting area, but this script isn't for BO3. Are you in the wrong area, or do you have the wrong script or something else?

And this tut is awful btw, repeating the same code for a different string. You are only showing two parts, there should also have been a part that called radio1 and radio2. Maybe post your entire script? Also, it typically gives a line number? Could you screen shot the error?
7 years ago
Tank you for the response...is there anyway to forward a map I have already been working on so they would already have a copy...or would we just have to start fresh

Sure, you can just send it to him. It should just work if you send him the usermaps/mapname folder and the map_source/zm/mapname.map file.

If for some reason that doesn't work, just have them make a map with the same name, then copy your files in.

If there are any custom sa files or models, you can use my packer tool to collect them and send them too.
7 years ago
If you could clarify this for me, when you do x = NewClientHudElement() that counts as 1/24. Alright so when you do Destroy() or hud::destroyElem(), then you have 0/24 available to you again? Is it relative to the client or server? Let's say you spawn one shader on all player's screen, does each player have 23/24 elements left to use or does it take 4 elements (assuming a 4-player game) ? Curious because I'm using a lot of elements between buildables and quest item shaders.

Good questions. I assume that the player gets 24 additional hud elements, whether it was created on all players or on the player themselves, it still counts as 1 off. I tested by creating hud elements in a row over and over until they stopped showing. I got 24 added before it stopped.
7 years ago
Is there any way to change HUD ? I would like to have good ol' WAW display, with points counter and ammo counter.

Unfortunately some of the hud we can and some we can't. You can override some of the images of the hud, but you can't manipulate where it is, or anything like that.  A lot is lui and we can't edit that.

I've overritten the perk hud myself, by modifying the perk scripts, and replacing with a gsc hud. We have 24 hud elements available so we could do some, but I don't think we could do all in gsc huds.
7 years ago
Well your not going to access it at the same time, so you could just pass it back and forth. You don't need steam running to use radiant. You can actually open the launcher without opening steam. You just can't run the map.

With that being said you have to decide if you want to pass the map back and forth and each of you create the same setup on your pcs, or use one of the pcs and remote into it... which prob wouldn't be good idea.

Personally I would do the same thing I do when people are 1000s of miles away. Each make the same new map. Setup the main map in a fashion where you both have your own prefab within the map and try to stay away from each other and communicate. Make sure all your files match to start. Pass your prefab to them, and get theirs occasionally as you develop more and more. Some one should be in charge of meshing it all together.

Edit: dont reinsert the prefab, just saving over it with the update one will update your main map and with f9, you can see it all come together even when working your own prefab.

Some suggest using layers, if that works better for you.
7 years ago
How exactly would I do that?

Its not as easy, but you would still prob playfxontag but using csc syntax in a csc script and then using stopfx.

you can find many examples in the scripts. You want to prob use gsc, and spawn the model and delete the model. It works just fine, unless your fx has some odd delay and you want it to stop quicker.
7 years ago
no, you can play and stop fx in csc, but not in gsc.
7 years ago
I need a way of getting an FX by targetname or something to trigger a terminal deletion of said FX. Here's what I tried:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
trigger = GetEnt("trigger_1", "targetname");
fx = GetEnt("fx_1", "targetname");

trigger waittill("trigger", player);

fx Delete();
trigger Delete();

In order to delete an fx you must use playfxontag.  To use playfxontag you have to use a model. So what you can do is spawn the script_model where you want the fx, set it to a tag_origin model, and then playfxontag on that tag_origin of the model.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	ent = Spawn( "script_model", origintospawn );//replace origintoispawn with the position to spawn model
ent SetModel("tag_origin");
fx = pathandnameoffxyouprecached;//or however your adding fx
PlayFXOnTag(fx,ent,"tag_origin");

Then when your ready to delete the fx, delete the model:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	ent delete();
7 years ago
In radiant you would make it a script_model and give it a targetname kvp

In script you would thread a function from main or something, that would use either movez or moveto functions in it with waits. In the docs you can find these functions and what is needed to make them work.

MoveZ
Code Snippet
Plaintext
void <script\_model, script\_origin or script\_brushmodel> MoveZ(<point>,<time>,[acceleration time],[deceleration time])

[MANDATORY] <point> The z value to move the entity to, as a floating point number
[MANDATORY] <time> The time to move the entity in seconds
[OPTIONAL] [acceleration time] The time spent accelerating in seconds
[OPTIONAL] [deceleration time] The time spent decelerating in seconds
CATEGORY:
CLIENT/SERVER: Server
SUMMARY: Move this entity to the given world z value
MoveTo
Code Snippet
Plaintext
void <script\_model, script\_origin or script\_brushmodel> MoveTo(<point>,<time>,[acceleration time],[deceleration time])

[MANDATORY] <point> The point to move the entity to
[MANDATORY] <time> The time to move the entity in seconds
[OPTIONAL] [acceleration time] The time spent accelerating
[OPTIONAL] [deceleration time] The time spent decelerating
CATEGORY:
CLIENT/SERVER: Server
SUMMARY: Move this entity to the given point.
EXAMPLE: dummy MoveTo( dest_org, .5, .05, .05 )

use getent, or getentarray if you have more than one, and then thread on each a function to move and wait in a while loop.
7 years ago
Thanks. You must have put a lot of work into this man. I've been using this for a few weeks now, and everything works great. The drag & drop xmodel tool I use the most, going back and forth between blender and substance painter. I love how I don't have to roll though all the damn check boxes every time I re-build. Great features, this should be the default launcher. Do you have a $upport link?

Thanks! That rolling through the check boxes issue is exactly why I made this tool. The other stuff I just added to have everything in one place ;) The next update will have a favorites option, and then you can filter by favorites, so you don't have all the maps your not working on in the view... and it will save your output window to root, and other tweaks. I'm just testing and tweaking things and I want to add to the wiki before the next update. As for support, I just do this for fun and education, but thanks anyway, and thanks again for your appreciation!
7 years ago
BO3 MC Launcher v1.1 Released. Alternate option for your launcher. Use beside the default launcher or replace it.

7 years ago
i wish I had time to do it for you, sorry, I don't even have the game installed anymore... There are many tuts though.

This is a pretty basic, pick up and drop. There are plenty of people that could script this if you ask around... Maybe you could work out something mutual with someone... Check out my script_to_radiant series and see if that helps you at all.
edit, forgot this was waw, sorry

edit, lol, forgot this was waw, bluntstuffy has a soul box script on this site I believe.
https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1567.0.html
7 years ago
Loading ...