or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - John_Banana

Update:

- Added custom PaP camos for Type 99 and the 3 new pistols
- Finally fixed the Type 99 sound issue, instead of working in zone source I simply just tweaked the soundalias file
- Changed max FOV from 80 to 90
- Fixed the Flamethrower ADS bug
- Officially scrapped the Flamethrower cooldown reset feature I was planning, because it's impossible to do with scripts
- A few more weapon tweaks

Current Issues (Before release):

- When going into my new game options/graphics settings in-game, the pause menu will have a completely transparent background. Everything still works, but for some reason it just looks like that.
- Co-op only: Dogs running animation is not working.

If anyone has any ideas for these issues I am working on feel free to let me know

Also, made this tutorial https://youtu.be/dC_gGBJjd-w
2 years ago
Hey, thank you for the suggestions and compliments. I'll respond

Arisaka - I don't see a point to add the gun, especially because it's identical to Kar98. Seems like kind of a bad gun haha

Double tap - Hmmm, that's not entirely true though, upgraded bullet weapons can last up to the 30s and so with double tap 1.5x they can last even further.

Verruckt - This was planned but dont think ill be able to do all the voicelines so im not sure if its worth it to switch the player model. Dempsey's outfit is the marine uniform just stripped of all it's gear and much more dirty anyways so it's not too different. We'll see

Shi No Numa - Oh yea I remember hearing this. This would be cool idea, it's probably in the game files already

Easter eggs would be too hard to script though but I agree that would be very cool. Maybe if someone helps me out

As for flags not sure how to do this or where I would put them but cool idea

3 years ago
Hey man, I really like these changes, would you consider adding mule kick to make it more like black ops? Or maybe just make a seperate map with your fixes plus mule kick?
Would be much appreciated :)
No I don't feel like adding Mule kick to this mod as I want to stick closely to WaW gameplay. U can still do a 3 gun glitch pretty easily ;)  

is there a download link anywhere? i will bug test for you
Not yet, haven't worked on this since the last update but one day. Current issues incase anyone reads this and knows how to help:

-Fix game options missing background
-Quick revive: zombies need to run away
-Fix dogs missing anim on co-op
-Type 99 no sound
And some more planned features I want to do before I start releasing beta versions

Double Post Merge: August 03, 2021, 06:04:14 am
Update:

Fixed some bugs

Players now spawn with a unique pistol relating to their faction (Colt, Tokarev, Nambu, Walther)

For balance reasons, I made them all have 100% identical stats to the colt, so it's purely just a visual thing (because it's cool). As for PaP variants, same thing, but they will get unique funny PaP names which you'll have to wait and see.

Planned Features (Excluding fixing bugs)
- Need PaP camos for the 3 new pistols still
- Need to keep working on Double Tap 2.0, I don't want it to be too OP
- When down with Solo Quick Revives, zombies need to run away from you
- Type 99 needs working sounds & PaP camo
- Flamethrower needs some work on ADS bug and want to make it so cooldown resets on max ammo

And that's it, then I will release. each of these things aren't too hard, but combined with fixing bugs it's still a lot of work for me. Just know, the mod ain't dead. Us WaW fans have been here a while so I'm sure any of you following this thread can wait a while longer
3 years ago
how do you mod the stock maps? I wanted to make a der riese mod that just fixed the waffe glitch but I don't know how to mod the stock maps.
get the stock scripts from the game files extract ff's. this mod will still give you the vanilla experience though, like over half of the stuff I'm doing here are just bug fixes/visual changes. only 2 new guns on der riese and quick revive tweaked which change gameplay. waffe glitch fixed is so nice tho
3 years ago
Update
What's up everyone, I had to stop working on this mod because school started, well it's almost over and I've gotten back to it. I've decided to reformat this mod as a Der Riese patch only, and when that is finished, then I will work on the other maps. The post has now been edited to reflect my progress - showing what I still have to do, and what I have completed, so go check that!

Current Issues - PLEASE HELP

I still have some weird issues that I can't figure out, if anyone could give any tips please let me know:

-My custom game options menu is missing the background in-game (When I pause and go to this menu, it's completely transparent instead of blurred/darkened)

-Dogs missing animation on co-op

-Dempsey can sometimes be heard even when he's not in game, responding to other player actions (like getting headshots). This is not a huge issue, but wondering if there is a work around. I do not want to just remove those lines because then on co-op some of the fun lines will be gone. Unless I could disable them on solo-only?

-Need help writing a script so that max ammo ignores the Flamethrower (when it gives the Flamethrower ammo the ADS anim glitches, don't ask me why), and instead, I've always wanted the Flamthrower's cooldown to reset on a max ammo. I have a draft of the script but it doesn't really work and I'm not sure on how to proceed.  
3 years ago
Looks pretty great so far! I really like the fact you're trying to keep the feel of the original maps.

Will the Type 99 be on all maps or just Shi No Numa? Same with the Mosin Nagant and Der Reise.

I know these weapons also have PaP variants in the game files, so it would be pretty interesting to see the Type 99 in Der Reise
Hey, sorry for late reply. Yeah so originally my plan is to just give each map a unique weapon, so Nacht/Verruckt already have that by default and Shi No would get type 99 and der riese gets mosin. The reason for this limitation was to keep it very similar to treyarch and also I was unsure of my ability to get guns working with sounds, models, etc. Luckily, I was able to get the type 99 into Shi no numa no problem, everything working, which means, I could probably get it into Der Riese now that I think about it. That will be something for once im done with my main to do list.

Anyways, as a general update for anyone who sees this thread: I have stopped working on the mod for a couple weeks and been busy with school but I will start back up on it again when I feel like it. This is a mod that's being done in the long haul.. So don't expect anything finished for at least a year, and maybe 2-3 months for a beta release.
4 years ago
Progress has been slow but mod is still going as planned. I have all my custom weapons (type 99,  scoped mosin) in game now working great. Not sure if I will add more. I have also since updated Nikola's hands to be accurate to the player model. Yellowish tan sleeves with blood splatters.
4 years ago
This is exactly what I wanted in a mod, if you ever need help, let me know.
Thank you so much dude! Here is my current to do list, if you can offer any advice/guides that would be awesome. If not, one day I'll figure everything out eventually, I'm learning as I go.

-For some reason on Nacht/Verruckt/Shi no it shows "upgraded ammo 4500" on wall weapons (something in my script?)
-I have a custom 'game options' with an FOV slider etc. on pause menu, but the background is transparent instead of being blurry with black bars
-Nacht has working flamethrower ADS, but on the other 3 you can only aim while firing
-Make it so you get +100 on insta kill  for nacht/verruckt, currently only +50
-Molotovs are silent on nacht, no lighter sound effect/no explosion sound
-Bouncing Betties are glitched, they do no damage on all 4 maps except shi no numa
-Dogs missing animation on co-op (treyarch issue)
-I want to fix the sound on the 2 jars for Der Riese easter egg, there is no SFX, the one by Type 100 works perfect like on Kino, it makes weird noise then press F the noise stops
-I want to make max ammos give Molotovs back on Nacht/Verruckt
-I want to make max ammos resets the flamethrower cooldown
-+25 points when you prone at perks for all maps with perks
-Electric traps stay active for 30 seconds instead of 25 ( i think it was)
-Make all 3 easter egg songs louder/the same volume, and under the 'music' setting in sound options
-re-add unused Radio #5 from Der Riese files
-Bleed out time buffed from 30 seconds to 45 seconds
-Explosive damage/splash damage is the same on all 4 maps (Based on Der Riese damage, Ray Gun/Panzershrek/Grenades/Molotovs),nacht/verruckt the splash damage was way stronger
4 years ago

Mod Released HERE!

Description
    This mod, currently only for Der Riese, is the first part in a 'remastered patch' for all four WaW zombie maps. The other maps will come in the future. The aim of this project is to modify WaW stock maps with bug fixes, quality-of-life tweaks, fixed inconsistencies, and some new features inspired by Black Ops 1. However, this mod will not overhaul each map or drastically change their original gameplay; they are meant to act as a slightly-more-polished alternative to the vanilla experience. Due to the nature of WaW modding, it was easier to make each map have their own mod file. When they are all finished, you will be able install whichever ones you want. Simply launch the desired map in your mods list, and then press play on the menu. This works in co-op as well, just make sure all players have the same version of the mod launched & T4M installed!

Additional Credit
  • cristian_m - General scripting help & teaching me how to mod
  • Phil81334, Numan, MrJayden585, psulions45, SPi - General scripting help
  • ege115 - Walking animation script
  • Fusorf - HD perk icons
  • Inspired by JBleezy's Black Ops 1 Reimagined mod
  • Thank you to the UGX WaW Discord members for helping me along the way

Feature Showcase (See release thread for full showcase of features)

Some things I still wanna fix:
  • Improve Quick Revive exit so the machine triggers & bumps disappear as well
  • Fix heart beat spam on red screen
  • Update Waffe model with the one from Shi No Numa (uses ammo clip)
4 years ago
From default marine sleevs to:
    -Dempsey: viewmodel_hands_cloth_marine_bare (No changes, these are just the rolled up sleeve versions)
    -Nikolai: viewmodel_rus_guard_padded_arms (No change, looks like BO1)
    -Takeo: viewmodel_jap_infantry_arms (Japanese arms, but I need to recolorize texture to blue-grey)
    -Richtofen: viewmodel_hands_cloth_pbycrew (Recolorized black gloves, tan sleeves)

Anyone know how I can add this to my WaW Remastered mod? I'm unsure on two things:

-I need to edit the textures of 2 out of the 4 files, how can I get the texture file?
-How do I repackage the new textures into the playerhands?
-Then finally, how do I give each WaW character their own unique hands?
4 years ago
I am a beginner and I have gotten all the asset extracting tools, modding tools, maya tools, etc. I am wondering if anyone has any help on how to do this, because all guides online are only WaW to BO3, which has extra steps because of some changes in the way animations/hands work or something.
4 years ago
Root folder -> main/ iw_15/ sound/ SFX/ Levels/ zombie/ radio

I assume you know how to open the iw files but you can use winrar.
6 years ago
Make a folder in your mods/ folder called "my_asylum_mod".
Extract text from zone/english/nazi_zombie_asylum.ff into a temp folder
Extract text from zone/english/nazi_zombie_asylum_patch.ff into the same temp folder
Copy and paste the extracted /maps folder into your "my_asylum_mod" folder.
Make an empty mod.csv in your "my_asylum_mod" folder
Open launcher and in the mod builder mod.csv section
weapon,sp/nambu
Then in your nazi_zombie_asylum.gsc add the nambu weapon to "include_weapons()".

Check files, build mod, load the game, load your mod, then in console "map nazi_zombie_asylum" to load into the modded stock stock.
I did all those steps but didn't try the adding a weapon because I didn't quite undestand. Instead I tried replacing the Player 0 model with a different marine player model from campaign in the characters folder in my mod and when I compiled it said Everything Is Ok but when the map loaded it crashed back to the menu.

Also how do I get an empty mod.csv? I copied the one from /zone but I don't know if that works
6 years ago
Before I start: I have all the mod tools and some other programs to work with ff and gsc files

I've been trying to add pack a punch, bo1 perks, and more weapons (WaW weapons that are already in the game, but not the map) to Verruckt.

How do I start this project? Are there any tutorials to help with this kind of modding because all I can find is mapping and nobody has made a tutorial on how to add perks to a stock map --but it is possible because I have seen a Natch remastered and Der Riese 2.0 with more.

Also, what tools and other resources could be helpful?
6 years ago
Loading ...