or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - LilRobot

Then change the font?
they all read from the same gamefonts.iwi though :l
10 years ago
you can look at JR images mob of the dead hud for reference, and I think the ammo numbers are a font so you could open the world at war gamefonts.iwi and edit it in like photoshop or something so that the small numbers (which should be the ammo counter numbers) are the origins numbers instead, only issue I see is that any other text in the game that uses the small text will have the origins numbers too but im not sure what other text in game uses that font
it's a good idea on paper for sure, but here's the problem:

as you can see, those same numbers are used for the Points module.
10 years ago
hiya. i've got a question
is it possible to create an image-based ammo counter type system? i want to make it kind of like that of Origins, to flit in a cool looking font that sets a tone. i also want to know if it is possible for me to change the font used to a different one? i want to use a default Windows font which is that of Black Ops 2--Agency FB and Agency FB Bold.

before you ask, on the subject of the image-based ammo counter using Origins materials, i do own black ops 2 and have those exact images in my possession. i am not asking for assets, i'm asking for scripting help.

10 years ago
Actually I was wrong, this is how you use it: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Gridfile
so i stack a lightgridsky above my regular lightgrid volume? interesting. i'll do this in the spawn area and edit with results.

i expected as such. skybox lightgrids ignore ambient settings it seems. there wasn't really any improvement on doing it like the article had mentioned.
10 years ago
Do you have a skybox model, skybox brushes enclosing the map, a lightgrid volume, and a lightgridsky volume? What's your ambient level set to in worldspawn?

i do have a skybox model, and i'm not sure what you mean by skybox brushes. i do have lightgrid volumes for every area, and where should i put a lightgridsky volume?

10 years ago
-snip to conserve space-
it looks like my worldspawn settings--which were initially based off of der reise--have varied a bit. i'll edit this with results.

after applying Der Reise's worldspawn settings, results are semi-desirable. the obscure blue models now have the color i wanted. (except for the mule kick machine), but the light is still ignoring the viewmodel.

10 years ago
hiya. encountered a very fun error in my map. a major lighting issue that has been boggling my mind for about a week now.
before you ask: i have placed light grid volumes in every area of the map, as well as reflection probes and sealing the map off with caulk textures.

that image is with sunisprimarylight set to 0, but when set to 1, all models on the map, including viewmodels, will take the ambient light's color. right now between the center and radius of this specific light, the viewmodel will take the ambient light when between the center and radius of the light. it's very obscure.

attempts to change _color to pure white causes the same undesirable issue.
10 years ago
yeppers, just did.
   include_weapon( "zombie_mk14dmr" );
doesn't mean the problem is fixed though. still having the issue.

here's what's interesting:
i can give myself the gun in-game, but the moment i make it a wall weapon, the game decides to commit sodoku.

on the wall is the kar98k.
10 years ago
started getting this after i tried to add a custom weapon to my map that wasn't defined in zombiemode_weapons. i added it to that file, but for some reason i'm STILL getting the error.

here's the script and the trigger_use as shown in radiant:

full error details:
10 years ago
dont see any images in the IWD
added them. didn't make a difference.

EDIT: copied wrong files. it worked. thanks.
10 years ago
i just need the xmodel input right?
Code Snippet
Plaintext
xmodel,buried_rocks01
xmodel,buried_rocks02
xmodel,buried_rocks03
xmodel,buried_rocks04
xmodel,bunker_door
xmodel,bunker_door_frame
10 years ago
hiya. requesting a bit of assistance here. recently i had to import a handful of models from Black Ops 2 for use in my map, but for some reason, even after creating the materials properly with proper names in the asset manager, the models will always show up completely black.

i created the materials the same method for the kap-40 in the picture, and for some reason those work just fine! weird enough, the rock and door models will also show up with the proper materials in the asset viewer and Radiant.

Asset Manager info:

as you can see, everything is labeled as the asset manager requests. the material names match that of Maya. but, the model will still remain black.
10 years ago
Loading ...