or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Koan

So, uh...

9 years ago
I think the machines should stay, but remodelled. The jingles should stay though, they're a memorable part of the zombie mode.
9 years ago
It looks pretty good so far. Looking forward to some detail. You done any interior pics?
9 years ago
Why would you want to view the credits anyway?

And World at War uses the cymbal monkey anims in there credits....  ???

Lol i think the anim tree is in one of the ff files that get loaded for the credits for some reason, same for the dogs

same error on all my maps too lol

but yes the credits are a bit pointless, I wonder if theres a easy way to just remove that button on our custom mods

But I like looking at credits...  :alone:
9 years ago
Fantastic work Smasher :) Appreciate all the work you put into this. I'll have a lot of fun playing it, even if I fuckin hate Nova crawlers...

A couple of things:

Text is funny in upper left of main menu:

Spoiler: click to open...

And when I click "Game Credits" it presents an animtree error:

Spoiler: click to open...
9 years ago
Thanks guys, for such a brilliant map. Still trying not to get lost, and still haven't managed to complete the EE... there's so much to do!  :D

By the way, Pack-a-Punched the HK21, the reload animation plays twice. I can still fire/run/do everything after the first reload, but the animation itself still plays again. I don't know if it does this without PAP (I didn't try it).
9 years ago
Errors are frustrating, but the sense of achievement when a big error/bug is finally fixed is worth it. Also it's not so much the error itself that annoys me most, but it's often trying to find what the error is in the first place.
9 years ago
Getting your OWN anims to work in-game can be a long and frustrating task. It takes a lot of learning.

Try using a default zombie animation on your skeleton first, if you can.
9 years ago
Try launching the mod from within WaW.
9 years ago
The Academy Awards are in a few months, and as inaccurate as they can be, I love predicting them in advance to see if I can beat my previous year's accuracy.

Post your own predictions! And feel free to criticise mine!

Best Picture
The Hateful Eight
The Revenant
Mad Max: Fury Road
Joy
Steve Jobs
Inside Out
Crimson Peak
Carol
Bridge of Spies

Best Director
Quentin Tarantino, The Hateful Eight
Alejandro G. Inarritu, The Revenant
Todd Haynes, Carol
David O. Russell, Joy
Steven Spielberg, Bridge of Spies

Best Actor
Michael Fassbender, Steve Jobs
Eddie Redmayne, The Danish Girl
Leonardo DiCaprio, The Revenant
Jason Segel, The End of the Tour
Bryan Cranston, Trumbo

Best Actress
Jennifer Lawrence, Joy
Carey Mulligan, Suffragette
Charlize Theron, Mad Max: Fury Road
Cate Blanchett, Carol
Saoirse Ronan, Brooklyn

Best Supporting Actor
Samuel L. Jackson, The Hateful Eight
Bradley Cooper, Joy
Tom Hardy, The Revenant

Best Supporting Actress
Rooney Mara, Carol
Ellen Page, Freeheld
Jessica Chastain, Crimson Peak

Best Original Score
Michael Giacchino, Inside Out
Thomas Newman, Bridge of Spies
Thomas Newman, Spectre
Alexandre Desplat, The Danish Girl
Hans Zimmer, Freeheld

Let me know what you think, if you agree or disagree. I like talking about these things.
9 years ago
i just put a 12.9k vert model into radiant and it didnt work

I've found that it's not so much a vert limit, but a file size of 4MB-5MB. I had a 6MB model with 11k verts and it crashed radiant, reduced it to 3.7MB and it worked fine.
9 years ago
Was listening to KOAN Sound's "Sentient" - https://soundcloud.com/koan-sound/sentient

I thought "what is a koan, anyway?" Turns out: "A puzzling, often paradoxical statement or story, used in Zen Buddhism as an aid to meditation and a means of gaining spiritual awakening."

I thought it was cool so I went with it.

I recommend listening to their Sanctuary EP, it's awesome.
9 years ago
In Radiant, press X to enter Clipper mode. Have your zone selected in the 2D view. Click on 2 points, then press Shift+Enter and it will split the selected zone (or any brush selected). You can then delete/resize/do whatever with the two bits of zone (they have the same key-value pair so don't worry about scripts or anything).
9 years ago
http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,6870.0.html ???

Also wrong section, this is for if you have a download for someone.

I had no idea that existed! I tried using the search to see if one had been made already but it came up with nothing... Sorry :P

This was my first post, I realised it was in the wrong section as I posted it.
9 years ago
While working on my map, I've found it annoying having the same Notepad++ icon on all the different filetypes.
So I made some of my own - the same logo with different colours, like so:

FileTypesMan download: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/file_types_manager.html

If you want them, I've uploaded my icons here: https://www.mediafire.com/?ytz8zwdkk9gw6wy

If you want to make your own logo, you can download a plugin for Adobe Photoshop that allows you to edit and save in .ico format. Link: http://www.telegraphics.com.au/sw/product/ICOFormat (DL links are in the bottom right) Obviously you'll need to download 32/64 bit depending on your version of Photoshop. To install the plugin, simply move the file to <Photoshop root folder>\Plug-ins\File Formats, then restart Photoshop.

I believe there is an equivalent plugin for Paint.NET too, but I haven't tried it.

To use FileTypesMan:
Open the .exe, scroll to the filetype extension you want to change the icon of. Double click, then click the "..." next to Default Icon. Browse to the .ico you are using. Click OK. Then go to File>Refresh Desktop. Done!

Here's an example of mine:

You can obviously use this tool for other filetypes as well, and it has more uses than just icons!
9 years ago
Loading ...