Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Koan

Cringed at the four character dialogues, but oh well. Looks like a decent bonus mode, highly doubt it'll be as fleshed out as Treyarch's. I just hope they do it justice, and most importantly I hope it's fun...
1496 days ago
when u wanna play legit but u need dem points

1498 days ago
So just to make a little point here, one of the AV employees only just came on board. Someone who is an artist/modeller/rigger etc.

So even they seem to get invited in slowly....

Don't know if that makes people feel better!

Dude, the current alpha testers have been great at giving us info, don't sweat it. People are naturally gonna want the tools and feel entitled to them. The only thing I'd like is PCdev to be less secretive, but that's not a massive issue. Thanks for sharing the progress with us.
1510 days ago
After looking up the alien font, I realized saying it was chinese might have been offensive ;D They look kind of similar tho.
But yeah, it is the alien font, I will look up how to fix it myself so you don't have to respond to this post anymore. Thanks to the people that helped :D

http://imgur.com/a/K2NB0 This is what I see BTW.

Yeah next time look up what the Chinese language looks like, this is a common issue. :please:

If not using UGX mod, try something like this https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11704.msg129801.html#msg129801 or this https://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,3271.msg33713.html#msg33713

If using UGX mod look at this https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/UGX+Mod+Standalone+v1.0.3+Manual+Installation and ctrl+f "alien"
1511 days ago
Let's not forget me, stevie, and harry :please:

I have been releasing about a script a week at this rate, even working full time and away on vacation. Harry has more know-how than about any other person I have met, and Stevie is way too familiar with the limits of WaW making him a great tester for "upgraded" tools.

JBird and Pie likely didnt get selected because they are literally too good. I could see 3arc realizing they (Pie and JBird) have too much they can solve alone and not enough problems to find. Hitman isnt famous on youtube so thats why he didnt get selelcted, has enough talent for it.

3arc needs scripters and porters to start testing the tools. NOBODY gives a fuck about the stock assets we are gonna get. If they want tools to continue with the length/following of WaW they need to start pushing the viability of porting. Haven't seen nearly anything on that yet.

I dont think it is about who you know. Notice that no all-around modders have been selected to test (JBird, Pie, Hitman, Me, Harry, Stevie). Instead people with specific 'skills' have been selected. The biggest upset considering this trend is that Radimax doesnt have them.

You and I are still relatively new to the scene, especially compared to the likes of the current testers. Even Harry is new compared to them tbh. There's no way in hell we are going to be included in an alpha, and to be honest I don't think we should be.

Radimax doesn't even know how to get a map working in zombies. He just builds the scenery and level.

Treyarch aren't going to add (and shouldn't) any modder who can make a great mod. I think we should stop begging and pleading them to give us their shit, and just be patient. The only thing I wish for is PCdev to give us a little more information so we're not constantly speculating.

Also I really disagree with you about the stock assets. The only reason WaW assets are so despised is because they're old, and aren't up to standard 8 years later (obviously), they were enough to make great stuff with in ~2011. People who dismiss assets from games as recent as BO2 as "old" are just being selfish cockwombles. BO3 assets will be WAY more than sufficient to make great stuff with, at least for a year or two. Even Zeroy's box map for testing shit looks great visually.
1512 days ago
Stevie mentioned that it might just be a common problem we call 'alien text', can you show us a screenshot of what's happening?
1512 days ago
Dead Ship
JBird's unreleased Frostbite
Project X
Comosea

It'd be pretty cool to see Treyarch bring back some of their older maps too, I'd go nuts for a Shi No Numa or Ascension remake
1512 days ago
Well, at least Zartax and Quizz got it. Hopefully this means they're warming up to a beta... hopefully...
1512 days ago
All I can think of:

Steam: If for whatever reason you are using a VPN or proxy when you re-downloaded WaW, turn it off, incase it thinks you're chinese, or maybe your country/locale was set to china or something

Disc: look through some files in WaW root folder looking for localization/language related things. For example "localization.txt", or the Language setting in "version.inf", or something else idk

No idea if these would work but worth a shot i guess
1517 days ago
Apologies for the poor quality gif, couldn't get ShadowPlay to work:

Credit to codmoddd1234 who sent me the bulk of this stuff, I adapted it into a tutorial with his permission.

Step 1

Right click in Radiant, go to script > vehicle. Give it the following key-value pairs:
 targetname | veh_projectile
vehicletype | rubber_raft
      model | <any_xmodel>
You can use any xmodel. The rubber_raft vehicletype allegedly makes better curves, according to codmoddd.

Step 2

Right click in Radiant, go to info > vehicle > node_rotate. The node_rotate means the vehicle will follow a curve; if you want straight lines, select node instead of node_rotate, you can also use combinations of both.
Deselect everything. Select the vehicle, then the node_rotate, then press W to connect them.

Give it the following key-value pairs:
spawnflags | 1
     speed | 80
 lookahead | .5
Play around with the speed and lookahead settings later as you wish.

Step 3

Place another node_rotate or node (or copy previous one, but if you copy it remember to remove spawnflags KVP from new nodes). Deselect everything, select the first node, then the new node, press W to connect.

Repeat this step until you have the path you want. As you place new nodes, you will see a red curve appear between the first and last nodes (select any node to see it). This is the path the vehicle will follow.

Step 4

Make a new script, call it setupvehicles.gsc, with this code:
#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;
#include maps\_vehicle;
#include maps\_anim;
#using_animtree("generic_human");

setupvehicles_preload()
{
build_acustom_vehicle( "rubber_raft" );
}

build_acustom_vehicle( type )
{
model = undefined;
death_model = undefined;
death_fx = "explosions/large_vehicle_explosion";
death_sound = "explo_metal_rand";
health = 1234;
min_health = 1233;
max_health = 1235;
team = "axis";
turretType = undefined;
turretModel = undefined;
func = ::blankpointerfunction;  //vehicle.gsc needs this for nothing

if( type == "rubber_raft" )
{
model = "makin_raft_rubber";  //boat steers different than jeep
death_fx = undefined;
death_model = "makin_raft_rubber";
health = 1234;
min_health = 1233;
max_health = 1235;
team = "allies";
func = ::blankpointerfunction; //vehicle.gsc needs this for nothing
}

maps\_vehicle::build_template( type, model );
maps\_vehicle::build_life( health, min_health, max_health );
maps\_vehicle::build_treadfx();
maps\_vehicle::build_team( team );
maps\_vehicle::build_localinit( func ); 
}

blankpointerfunction()
{
}

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

In your mapname.gsc, BEFORE the line maps\_zombiemode::main();, add:
maps\setupvehicles::setupvehicles_preload();

Step 5

Add this function at the bottom of your mapname.gsc:
launch_boat()
{
veh = getent("veh_projectile", "targetname");

if(!isDefined(veh))
return;

start_vehnode = getvehiclenode( veh.target, "targetname" );  //first nodes in path

while(1)
{
veh attachPath( start_vehnode );
veh StartPath();
veh waittill("reached_end_node");
}
}

IMPORTANT:
While testing this I had launch_boat() set to start whenever I press P, by using BluntStuffy's tutorial here. When including it in a map properly, you will need to either: add a line such as thread launch_boat(); after zombiemode::main() is called, or add a function that wait for a trigger then remove the while loop, or waits for some other event... you get the idea - this is a basic function for you to modify, not a drag-and-drop feature.

Step 6

Add this to your mapname_patch.csv:
rawfile,vehicles/rubber_raft

Step 7

Compile, build mod after ticking new things (e.g. script), run game.

Please reply/let me know of any issues.
1531 days ago
-Avocado Boss

If the wonder weapon doesn't use guacamole as ammo I will be disappointed :troll:
1532 days ago
That might just be the longest WIP post I've ever seen, do you really need to list all those guns, with pictures, and every last detail about perks, etc? Might be worth tidying up the post a bit
1533 days ago
I'm trying to get projectiles to launch out of a volcano and into the playable area.

So far I've tried doing this in two different ways: following UGX's Airstrike tutorial, and using code from BO2 Nuketown's method of having random perks come from the sky. In UGX's airstrike tutorial, it instructs me to set vehicletype to "corsair". This caused the game to crash upon loading:

Other vehicletypes cause it to crash too.
When I remove the vehicletype KVP, the game throws an error:

When I remove the script_vehicle and all related ents from the map completely, the game loads fine.

Originally I had a bunch of script_origin ents linked to each other and had the projectile MoveTo() each node, but it looked ugly as fuck because it moved to each node in a straight line, and paused for a split-second before moving to the next node, so just looked horrible.

Double Post Merge: July 12, 2016, 08:13:52 am
Codmoddd1234 has fixed this issue, he sent me a couple of things via PM. I asked him if I could post the code here in case others have the same issue:

#include common_scripts\utility; 
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;
#include maps\_vehicle;
#include maps\_anim;

#using_animtree("generic_human");

setupvehicles_preload()
{
build_acustom_vehicle( "rubber_raft" );
}

build_acustom_vehicle( type )
{
model = undefined;
death_model = undefined;
death_fx = "explosions/large_vehicle_explosion";
death_sound = "explo_metal_rand";
health = 1234;
min_health = 1233;
max_health = 1235;
team = "axis";
turretType = undefined;
turretModel = undefined;
func = ::blankpointerfunction;  //vehicle.gsc needs this for nothing

if( type == "rubber_raft" )
{
model = "makin_raft_rubber";  //boat steers different than jeep
death_fx = undefined;
death_model = "makin_raft_rubber";
health = 1234;
min_health = 1233;
max_health = 1235;
team = "allies";
func = ::blankpointerfunction; //vehicle.gsc needs this for nothing
}

maps\_vehicle::build_template( type, model );
maps\_vehicle::build_life( health, min_health, max_health );
maps\_vehicle::build_treadfx();
maps\_vehicle::build_team( team );
maps\_vehicle::build_localinit( func ); 
}

blankpointerfunction()
{
}

// Base script (boat loops around)
// For building on in future

main()
{
veh = getent("launch_test", "targetname");
start_vehnode = getvehiclenode( veh.target, "targetname" );

while (1)
{
veh attachPath( start_vehnode );
veh StartPath();
veh waittill("reached_end_node");
}

wait 5;
veh setmodel( "woodthrone" ); // PLACEHOLDER MODEL
}

Added to mapname_patch.csv: rawfile,vehicles/rubber_raft
then put maps\setupvehicles::setupvehicles_preload(); before maps\_zombiemode::main();

I'll probably make a tut/download later on for this, too.

edit: tut here http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11894.0.html
1533 days ago
SoulTaker, seeing as you have used the mod tools and have an idea of the functionality, how long do you think it would take for them to release the tools. i am dying to grab hold of them and have a go but as i havent released anything and im not know at all in the zombies community so i wasnt allowed access.

thanks for any info and nice vid !

1. SoulTaker hasn't used the tools, he shared of one of the alpha testers' videos.

2. It'll almost certainly be after DLC season, I would guess they'll be after Infinite Warfare. Software development isn't a quick or simple process.
1536 days ago
It works, but I've seen in some maps that they don't completely remove gamemode select option, it just does nothing upon clicking on it. And I don't see the name of my map in the list:
(Image removed from quote.)
But pretty much your tut is good, thx.

Good to hear. Remember to mark post as solved :P
1536 days ago

Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch