or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - johndoe

then i guess you didn't rename a file you were supposed to rename. read the tutorial again and try to be careful this time.
11 years ago
Due to some problems i had on windows, i'm using the mod tools on linux right now, but the windows app loader on linux can't run batch files so i can't convert textures. i can do it on windows but everytime i want to convert them, i have to reboot my computer and switch to windows. i opened the pcConvertSingle.bat to see what exactly it does and here's it
Code Snippet
Plaintext
@echo off

rem %1 = asset type
rem %2 = asset name

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: Run Converter
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
converter -nocachedownload -single %1 %2

i guess it runs converter.exe with two parameters. one of them defines asset type and the other defines asset name. i tried to run converter.exe typing the parameters myself, but i guess i'm missing something because it doesn't covert anything, and i guess what i'm missing is asset type. can anyone tell me what i'm supposed to add to the parameter so that i can covert textures without switching to windows everytime i need? thanks for any help in advance.
11 years ago
after everything i tried, nothing seems to solve the problem. i configured my linux to run mod tools and i'm making my maps on linux right now. i guess i can say the problem is solved.
11 years ago
you should probably use ugx script placer. it suits perfectly for ugx standalone maps. i used to have similar problems but i sorted them out by using ugx script placer. i recommend you do that too.
11 years ago
i've solved the problem. i guess i there was something wrong with the files i copied from sniperbolt's tutorial map. i used ugx script placer and everything works fine now. thank you all for your help.
11 years ago
did you use a script placer?
11 years ago
how about being able to see the stats in single player mode? i can't just wait 'til i die to see how many zombies i've killed.
11 years ago
after copying that file, i've got new errors now. i looked into some of the iwd files of the maps that has ugx mod, i couldn't find any file like that. guess i've gotta do it from scratch and try not to make mistakes this time  :accepted:
11 years ago
go to the mod builder and check "dlc3_code" in the IWD file list, the build your mod.ff and IWD again and test
nope, there isn't such file called dlc3_code in the IWD file list. How am i supposed to get it?
11 years ago
After i compiled map i get this error

I saw the same error on this topic and i tried the solutions treminator said. Unfortunately, it's not working. I read every step on the tutorial twice, did everything carefully, used project mover, but still i get the same bloody error. I'll be glad if someone helps, thanks in advance.
11 years ago
how about creating your own characters? i mean... think about it... replace player models with new ones, find some volunteers for their voices, write some psychopathic shit for them to say... what do you think?
11 years ago
there is something i'd like to mention especially in here because i want to hear other people's opinions about it. wouldn't it be nice if we were able to pack-a-punch our weapons more than once? it's just an idea of course.
11 years ago
i did that too. still the same -_-
11 years ago
nope, changing preferences didn't help. i'm already running it under winxp sp3 compatibility mode. oh i remembered something! yesterday, i tried to run it under my ubuntu's windows app loader and it worked perfectly(bit of laggy though). so i'm guessing it's something to do with my os. wish companies supported linux more so wouldn't have to work on linux '-_-
11 years ago
Couple of days ago i installed Codwaw mod tools and tried to make my very first map. Nothing went wrong during the installation, and i didn't see something going wrong. But whenever i try to do something on radiant (e.g drawing something, moving around, clicking somewhere) nothing seems to happen but something actually happens(sounds weird. i know). after it gets stuck, i have to resize some of the view windows so that i can see what i did.

I know it sounds really weird so i captured a video of it.
http://tinyurl.com/wtfradiant

By the way i'm using a laptop which i think is good enough to accomplish such tasks, so i don't think it's about my hardware, and i'm using a freshly installed windows 7 home basic on which i only use for gaming(i use linux for other things if you're wondering).

Long story short, this problem drives me mad and i'd really appreciate any kind of help. Thanks for the help in advance and have a nice day or night or... whatever...
11 years ago
Loading ...