or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - IHammY/

usually i would just go and look it up or post on mappersunited.com but theyr site is down :(
i want to set up a dedicated server for waw mp but it seems to only show up in my own LAN list and if anyone of my friends tries to join via invite or ip, they time out. Im pretty sure that it isnt because of ping or internet because all of them have average internet and a rather good ping in other games we were playing together.
11 years ago
hey im having issues singing into my online profile since ive logged into the steam version of waw (i have it on disc too) since i did that i cant login to the account i created with the disc version and it also doesnt show up in the select profinle. also if i try creating a randon other one it just tells me i need to create one to play even tho thats what i did b4
pls help xoxo
11 years ago
ive been getting a few errors lately giving me to coordinates to what is going wrong. i have no idea tho what exactly they mean or wich brush they refer to. so ive been woundering if there was a way to type in these coordinates in radiant to jump to them or something :) help would be much appreciated xoxo
11 years ago
so ive been trying to create a custom texture for my map. followed sajeones tut on it but he has a different version or another dds plugin Cod5 Radiant Adding Custom Textures

well basically what happens if i try using the texture in radiant it just shows up all black no idea how to fix it

edit: i found out that assetmanager doesnt buld .iwi's with alpha channels at all... does anyone know how to fix that?
also it says asset out of date if i try reconverting it... it has another error when compiling but it doesent show up again...
11 years ago
how to disable dogs.
(just deleting include zombiemode dogs in launcher doesnt work :( ?)
11 years ago
so i think i asked that before but... why does waw keep saying that there is an error in my _loadout.gsc if i try launching my map?

it says error is in line 67 here it is with the following ones

Code Snippet
Plaintext
{

mptype\nazi_zombie_heroes::precache();

}
else
{
mptype\player_usa_marine::precache();
}
}
else
{
mptype\player_usa_marine::precache();
}
also the error says that its missing mptype_alley_urban_assoult wich isnt mentioned in the file.
another problem that i just noticed is that waw seems to be calling for the aksu model even tho its mentioned nowhere too...
11 years ago
so i exported a few bo2 models using lime to use them in my map (obviously!).
pretty much all the tuts i found told that maya was necessary. i followed the tutorial on the ugx wiki but the two toolbars still dont seem to work.
also it would be nice of anyone that has the time if you showed me exactly how to import and use moddels exported that way in waw would be nice of you :*
thanks for the help already :)
11 years ago
so ive been mapping today everyting was fine and so on i compiled my map started waw launched it and then noticed that my changes didnt aply :| afer a while of checking i noticed a new error that launcher gave me when compiling wich was this:

In map D:\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\awakening.map on entity 0 brush 893 at 1054 -96 -511
triangulating all windings...
ERROR: TriangulateWindings failed on in map D:\Call of Duty - World at War\map_source\awakening.map Entity 0 Brush 990 at 2112 152 -647
code bug: triangulation failed!
Include 'winding.bin' from the cod2map directory in your bug report.

i have no idea how to fix this so help needed i guess
11 years ago
so i have been playing around with the worldspawn settings in my map and there happen to be weird spots of light (didnt put any light in radiant there :O) and also the normal maps are alot more intense.
please help i cant se myself fixing that :O
11 years ago
so as you may have seen im currently trying to get ingame screenshots for the map im making( the awakening )
well since im having trouble getting it to work when i apply the zombies scripts to i decided to turn it into a campaingn map until the mapping is done. now as you may know you spawn in that totally messed up ufo mode or whatever where you cant fly up or down wich makes it impossible to get good screenshots. From other forum posts /forums ive seen that you have to create a info-player-spawn wich my map does have now but i still spawn in that weird ufo mode so would be nice of you to help me its in your interest ;)
11 years ago
well im rather new to building pcs and stuff but i think some of you guys know alot about these things so i hope some of you can help me out a litte.
I wanted to buy me a sound card (not telling you why just jet but maybe youll get to see something i plan on doing with it later in time) So the only free slot in my pc for pci is one of those whit one short and one long section
(this isnt mine this is what looks similar googeling pci slot)
so.. first thing is:
are threre even names for all the different kinds of slots? (one long one small section, two small ones, and so on) and secound being:
would this specific card fit in the slot in the picture? http://www.amazon.de/interne-Soundkarte-Digital-Headphone-Profile/dp/B003ZXDOL6/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1374440480&sr=8-12&keywords=soundblaster

ps. already searched on google and wikipedia and didnt find anything
11 years ago
so i thought to myself that i could use some textures from bo2 and extracted them with tombmx´s ipak. well i got a bunch of .dds files and currently i have to open every single one with gimp to look at them. what i actually wanted to ask is, if there is a way to browse them in a faster and more efficient way

xoxo hammy
11 years ago
so i think i finally managed to get my map to work but it does now give me the error that it couldnt load the rawfile mptype/mptype_ally_urban_assault.gsc
it says it would be located in the _loadout.gsc at line 67 but i looked it up and it isnt there also the mptype file doesnt exist. i have the zct mod installed if that is of any help

thank you for your help already xx
11 years ago
i didnt even know that christmas is in june :DD
11 years ago
so id like to ask to little things about transpacencys in radiant the first one is :
is it normal that, if i have a alphablend texture and a normal one overlapping and they are already snapped to the same grid that they are still like.. shimmering?
and the secound one:
is there a limit on how much you can blend out ?
third:
is it dumb to use terrain patches for decals/templates and if yes what else to use?
thanks for helping already :)
11 years ago
Loading ...