or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - HitmanVere

For Starters:
To make sure everything goes fine, we are going to make sure menufile is new one and not raw one.
First: Copy paste main.menu from raw/ui folder to mods/mapname/ui folder (if you don't have this folder, then create it)
Second: Rename it to something new, like hit_main.menu.
Third: Call it in mod.csv via:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
menufile,ui/hit_main.menu
Now that we have new menufile only mod-related, we can start modifying it.
HOX: Sometimes, when menufile is in mods folder, it doesn't let you save it. Just copy paste the file in desktop, do modifications, save and then put it back to the mods folder.
Also, build mod twice, when doing modifications to menufiles. Usually menufile changes don't get build in mod the first time, so second one is needed.

Removing Buttons:
Let's look up how to remove credits button as a starter. At about 1/3rd of the menufile, you will see these lines:

You can see line 474 and 475 have stuff related to credits. Comment them out, so they look like this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS_NOHI( 8, "@MENU_CREDITS", SETUP_ACTION_CREDITS, when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) && dvarInt( mis_01 ) < dvarInt( mis_01_unlock ) ); )
// CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS_NOHI( 8, "@MENU_CREDITS", SETUP_ACTION_CREDITS, when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) && dvarInt( mis_01 ) >= dvarInt( mis_01_unlock ) ); )
But if you were to compile now and go in-game, you would leave a gap between Quit and Mods buttons.
What you have to do is to change the first value of Quit button. Credits uses number 8 and Quit uses number 9, so we change 9 to 8:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
CHOICE_BUTTON_VIS( 8, "@MENU_QUIT", open quit_popmenu, when( !localvarBool( ui_hideBack ) ); )
The number is basically the button slot, so the smaller the value = the more up it is.

Fixing Alien Font:
You probably will get Alien Font, when installing a font due to objectivefont not being loaded in by World At War.
To fix this, first look up For Starters-section for copying the necessary menufiles.
Go through menufiles and look for:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
UI_FONT_OBJECTIVE
Change that to:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
UI_FONT_NORMAL
After that, save and you should be done.

Adding Background:
Now, in raw/ui, there is a file called bg.inc. Take that and do 1st step.
Open the file and look for:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
background		"menu_background_coop"
Change that to your background image, for example:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
background		"hitman_menu"
Then in bg.inc file, remove these 2 lines:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#ifdef PS3
#endif // #ifdef PS3
Then in Asset Manager, you need to convert material with power of 2 image. This images type has to be set to 2D, so that it works in menufiles.
Example:

When that is done, move the image in modname/images, tick in Launcher and add this in mod.csv:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
material,hitman_menu
Now to apply it in mainmenu. Open main.menu file we have created and look for:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
// background
#include "ui/bg.inc"
Change the bg.inc to your menufile, for example:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include "ui/hit_bg.inc"
Now to add the file in mod.csv, you do:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
rawfile,ui/hit_bg.inc
HOX: To have background in all pages of your menu, then you need to go in several menufiles and add that include line.
Maybe in later date I will add all the files to modify.

If done all the steps as shown, you can have menu looking like this:

Errors And How To Fix:
(!) UNRECOVERABLE ERROR: duplicate menu name 'main'
-You have menufile added in twice in mod.csv, remove the old line, since it's still calling in unmodified menufile.

More to come in later date. If you have something I should add, then ask. If I don't know how to add it, then help is appreciated :)
Thanks to Andy Whelan for testing this tutorial and getting screenshot from in-game.
9 years ago
So I decided to port Sten from BO1 campaign. I got everything else working, except knifing is fucked up for some reason

As you can see, knife goes way too much to the right. Issue is not in weaponfile, since I put everything in other weaponfile, but still not working
9 years ago
As said in title, I cant seem to locate .menu file for spectating. Looked everywhere and cant find any trace of it.
Also, I was told, that I need to set masterkey/C4 DPAD icons on weaponinfo instead of DPAD. Those are the only things in DPAD-section, so would I go with deleting MenuDef for DPAD or keep it? Cos I kept getting errors with keeping it there
9 years ago
I have seen in few maps (also in UGX mod 1.1) that you can make it, so point numbers goes up rather than printing new +10 everytime. How would I go with adding this in, since it would save up on HUD elements nicely and looks better imo
9 years ago
So, bhmbob and I both have been wondering about this, so Im making this topic. Is there way to increase lighting on viewmodel and viewhands only and not the map itself? We both like the maps contrast, but guns are way too dark, so it would be useful, if there was way to increase lighting in viewmodels only
9 years ago
Is there anyway to make FX stop on impact on models/non-structural brushes? From what I have seen from rain FX, it only stops on structural brushes and this is something I want to fix without using more structural brushes
9 years ago
I am getting closer and closer to releasing Project C and might as well start to search for trailer maker to co-operate with me about this. If you think you can make good enough trailers, comment on this thread with small description and past work and I will look through them. Thanks for reading :)
9 years ago
I was testing with bhmbob yesterday and noticed, that he didnt see anything I typed, when I was dead. I also noticed that at some areas his worldmodel started to disappear. Any idea if this is normal in WaW, since I heard it is from other people for first part atleast. Any help is welcome
9 years ago
I got BO1 last week and was thinking of adding some models from mod tools, but then I saw that over 1000 images are 0 bytes:

Downloaded mod tools from Steam, any idea?

Then theres problem with Xmodel Utils 1.03 where it either shows models as black or weird colored. I have Xmodel Utils to load textures and check everything. If I set shaders as phong, gun is white then or whatever main light I set
9 years ago
I started mapping the new map and nothing was working. I already fixed perks, but for some reason wallweapons dont have hintstring and PaP only has one, when power is not on. Cant use either of them. And I copied the files from Project C  :-\
9 years ago
Well, I was thinking of maybe not participating, but if the time is 5 months, then why not :P
With this map, I wanted to take on old-school style and was thinking, why not base it on old movie?
We had this discussion earlier in Map Ideas section, so yeah

Map layout will be based on movie called Evil Dead 2, but will feature much more than just one shotgun and zombies :D

Pictures:

Upgraded Model 1887 will be dual wield ;)

Features:
-Minimum of 8 perks (If Project C gets released way earlier, then I can add the custom ones in)
-Nova Crawlers
-Custom weaponry (no stock guns)
-More to be announced later

I am going to tag team with some people on this. They will be announced later on, since atm dont have info about if they are going to or not :)
9 years ago
Im running on ASUS laptop since like 2012, I think and Im getting this flickering on my screen, where it goes completely black and back like in flickering motion. I sometimes get this 2 days in a row and sometimes it doesnt happen for weeks. Now Im getting it again, so I thought I would ask you guys about it. Dont want to get new PC/laptop, so that solution is out  :-\
9 years ago

Yeaaaah, boy :D
9 years ago
How can I have different worldmodel in box for certain gun? Cant really explain it better, but I want box to show different worldmodel than one in weaponfile
9 years ago
I was bored of the stock pause menu and I think some people are also, so I decided to make BO1-styled one and release it here for people to use

What it looks like (courtesy of Scobalula for pic):

What you need to do:
Add all the files in your root/mods/modname/

Files should contain:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
1 UI file
1 image

Add this in mod.csv:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
menufile,ui/objective_infohit.menu

Then tick all of them at right of Launcher and build the mod
Done! Have fun with your new pause menu
Note: Dont have the UI file in both mod and raw, have it in either one. Might cause issues
Make sure also, that objective_info.menu is not called in mod.csv

I added this info also in .txt files inside the download

Credits:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
HitmanVere - Assembling the menu/Making image/Testing
Ray1235 - Help with menu
DidUknowiPwn - Help with menu
Scobalula - Testing
9 years ago
Loading ...