or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - hfactor66

A snow themed map that shows your cloudy cold breath??? :rainbow: hype hype hype hype hype!
7 years ago
Round 32 Solo (Bought Ending)

I actually played this map on Halloween, and HOLY HELL this map was a BITCH to get started, the fact that it's so small makes getting started for the very first time more difficult than it needs to be. This map treats you like an idiot for trying to get points the traditional way, you'll die trying almost every time. But let me tell you, that first time I did manage to get past the first five minutes, I was in perk heaven. Perks, perks, perks, PERKS! I must have them all!

On to the actual nitty-gritty here, the custom Colt M1911 was a nice touch, I like seeing customized weaponry, especially when it comes to the starting pistol. It gets annoying buying perk slots constantly, but hey I'd rather have that than be limited to 4 or even 8 of these awesome custom perks. The fact that the map is so small doesn't really leave you any place to run a train, so there's only one thing to do; camp in the bar! Then when you're bored and don't wanna keep playing, just buy the ending! I did this after going down. ::) The fact that Nikolai is the only playable character makes this all the more fun, and can someone confirm if everyone plays as Nikolai in co-op mode?

Once you actually get things rolling this map becomes a thrill ride of awesome, as you just feel so insanely OP with twenty three perks in your inventory, and lemme tell you, those ones that help with points, they really do. I made SURE to fill my bank up all the way in case I ever wanted to play this map again, because there is no way in hell I'm going through the frustration of setting all this up traditionally ever again. Overall, frustrating to setup the first time, but a very fun map concept.
7 years ago
Round 54 Solo (Game Crash)

This was a really fun map to play, has a variety of unique weapons along with well known favorites like the Blundergat & Thundergun, and an assortment of powerups that go beyond the usual drops system, oh & let's not forget the toilet bowl mystery box. ::)  It also offers a fair challenge to players who want to make it far, despite appearing to be so simplistic, as things are unlocked by round, so you don't have as much control as you would like early on, plus only 4 of the 10 perks are given to you, and the rest are only found through perk drops, which makes going down a big loss.

High rounding this got to be a challenge, starting in the late 40s, because the Vitriolic Withering quit one-shotting the zombies, (stops at about 49) and I had to start using a combination of the Vitriolic & the Plasma's Fury to kill the zombies, but a few rounds later even that proved difficult. It is VERY important to not go down, because in those later rounds, Double Tap & Deadshot really helps buff your Plasma's Fury, and you absolutely MUST have Stamin-up to be able to outrun the Verruckt sprinters. In short, once you get to about 50, get the Thundergun.

Important notes I took while playing this map;
1. Occasionally when Richtofen says a quote after killing a zombie, usually with a headshot, a Dempsey reaction quote is heard, despite the fact that I'm playing solo. This is actually quite comical, as if Richtofen is hearing Dempsey's voice in his head. :D

2. After making The Sweeper into the Vitriolic Withering, I was able to pull another Blundergat from the box, which I later PAPed via the PAP powerup. I did not try making the second Sweeper into a Withering, as I was saving it for strategical reasons.

3. Already been said before, PAP powerup doesn't work unless the power is on. This actually makes sense in my mind, because in a typical game of zombies on most maps, (except for Moon with NML & BO3 with the use of GobbleGum) PAP isn't activated until the power is turned on.

4. I managed to find a very easy way to defeat the boss zombie, which goes as follows; trigger Electric Cherry near him, shoot him while he is down, boom boss is dead. I usually do this with Plasma's Fury, and it has worked for me every time.

5. It actually took me a while to figure out that the 3 birds that you shoot around the map unlock the Hell's Retriever, which I thought was pretty cool, as that is really the only thing you CAN control in this map.

Overall, despite appearing to be just a desert themed box map, there's definitely more than meets the eye here in Zombie Desert, and is quite the challenge for a box map.
7 years ago
I'll just add this to my list of snow maps to be looking forward to...
7 years ago
Gonna have to try this when it's released. Never played COD 2 (Earliest I've ever played was COD 3) but this looks gorgeous.
7 years ago
I went to ZombieModding once. After seeing spam bots posting malicious links in the forums, I could tell they don't give a shit about people spreading malware on their site, so I came right back to UGX. Compared to ZM, UGX looks and is run more professionally than ZM. Maybe if ZM gets their shit together I'll go there more often, but ever since that first visit, never went back XD
7 years ago
Update 2:

• Added more weapons
  • Buffed the Blundergat
  • Removed zone text
  • Added Text after completing the soul boxes
  • Soul box range slightly increased
  • Fixed bugs
  • Added MEGA link
  • Fixed name

I might just have to give this another try, and see what's new.

Double Post Merge: October 25, 2016, 08:29:47 pm
So after another attempt, and pretty much suiciding on 44, I would have to say this is an improvement over the original. It's good that the zone text is now hidden, at first I was wondering if I was playing in dev mode or something, lol.

Pros;
The Blundergat & Sweeper tweaks make the weapon work similar to the MOTD Blundergat & Sweeper, and actually lasted me until round 40, which is comparable to the actual Blundergat on MOTD, so great job on the buff.

Electric Cherry now seems to do one of three things; kill the zombie, make them slip and fall, similar to the zombies sliding across a trail left by Banana Colada or liquid from the Sliquifier, or stumble forward.

New weapons add some more variety to the map, I noticed the BO2 Thompson, Peacekepper, and the Walther P38 from WAW, which I went to PAP just to find out it doesn't have a custom PAP name. Should've tried the Peacekepper lol

Cons;
I'm pretty sure zombies still swarm you when being revived in solo, I can't confirm this because when I went down, I got to the teleporter and (surprisingly) was able to use it while I was down.

Soul Boxes are still equally hard to fill, lol I'm sorry the small size of the rooms & the range just make M1911 & PHD a necessity to fill these boxes. At least now it's worthwhile to do this though  ::)

Overall, still as challenging as it was before, but with a little game plan, it seems quite realistic to reach at least 35.  ;)
7 years ago
also training is indeed possible ;)
I said difficult, not impossible.
7 years ago
Spoiler: click to open...
Round 45 Solo

It's not impossible to get to round 35 solo on this map, as I've clearly proven, but I think 35 is asking a bit much to get onto the leaderboard, because one, this is a very tight map, and a very small map. It is difficult to run a train anywhere on this map, not sure if that was the intent when you made this map, but I feel this map is more suited towards the camping style of player.

Main complaints with this map;

One, as suggested above, zombies do not leave you alone when you're being revived, which in turn makes recovering absolutely impossible, so QR may as well be as worthless as it was in the original WAW.

Two, the soul boxes, oh god the soul boxes. Basically the only way for the souls to count is to kill them right in front of it, and leaving the area resets the soul box? Cruel, especially with how small these rooms are to begin with. Plus the Blundergat isn't even worth a damn to have anyway, it sucks, PAP or not. :poker: You basically force the player to PAP their first pistol and get PHD just to fill the four soul boxes that don't even give you that good of a gun & a broken Electric Cherry.

Three, Electric Cherry. So, after completing the redundant task of filling up the four soul boxes, this is one of the two things you get, aaaaand... it's broken. If the zombie doesn't die, he essentially stumbles behind you while stunned and tries to trap you. This perk is basically a death trap.

Four, the doors. Mainly, the door activated after turning on the power. If a door says it needs power to activate, you'd think it would open by turning the power on, right? Nope! That just makes the door buyable for 2k! Seriously, if you have to turn on the power to make the door buyable, just make it a buyable door to begin with, it's tedious flipping a switch just to find out I have to buy the door anyway.

I agree with the traps suggestion, traps would help a lot. Right now, basically to get to 35+ rounds, you need the Wunderwaffe, Ray Gun Mark II, Monkeys, & M1911 PAP. Like I said, maybe lower the required round to get on the leaderboard to 25 or 30, that seems a bit more fair in my opinion.

Final thoughts, this map is pretty challenging, given its size and daunting tasks, and may not be a map for newcomers to zombies or custom zombies. No technical issues with this map, just some suggestions to make the map a little more balanced in the player's favor.
7 years ago
Great map, love the challenge factor to it, even if it annoys me lol. Less points for knife/headshot kills, Panzers every 4 rounds, them fancy Nova Crawlers, it really adds up to be quite a challenge. I'm so surprised you got the points earned from killing a full hoard from the Thundergun right, other maps I've played didn't get it right, so props to you on that, and props on making it so the Panzer doesn't die from one blast of the Thundergun, otherwise it'd be too easy :nyan:

I only noticed two things, the first thing was that when I first loaded the map, perk/powerup icons weren't showing, but I fixed that myself. The other thing I noticed is that the laser from Deadshot goes to the right side of the FMG9 instead of straight forward. Neither of these make it unplayable, nor do they take away from the value of the map, but they did seem worthwhile to report. Again, great job on the map.
7 years ago
it will haze during the entire playthrough
I've had that happen as well, I think it's an issue with getting game over while in Who's Who.
7 years ago
Online I'm known as hfactor66, and I'm a competitive gamer across three gaming sites. BUT, more importantly, (and probably what more people will care about here,) I'm a huge COD Zombies junkie. I've been playing zombies since WAW, and got into solo high round zombies in June 2012, when I reached round 59 solo on Kino. Since that game, I've improved that record to 67, and accomplished many high rounds that I'm proud of, such as these;

Round 153 solo Ascension (A six day game!) (Have also gotten to 124, 119 & 101)
Round 143 solo Revelations
Round 125 solo Buried (Two days!) (Have also gotten to 124, 109 & 90)
Round 672 solo WAW Shi no Numa (Have also gotten to 548 & 501)
Round 81 solo Die Rise
Round 78 solo MOTD
Round 71 solo Origins
Round 66 solo Moon
Round 63 solo The Giant (on PS3!)
Round 35 solo Ascension (First Room Challenge)

And plenty others that I didn't mention, cuz this list is getting a little long. As you can see, I have a fairly decent reputation when it comes to high rounds, and that's the same intent I have in mind for WAW Custom Zombies. Here's where some of my best rounds stand as of right now.

Round 2750 Hotel v2 (bought ending)
Round 113 Nightclub (game over)
Round 67 Nacht Der Lebenden Toten (game over)
Round 60 Firing Range (game over)
Round 54 Zombie Desert (game over)
Round 53 Estate of the Dead (Snowy version ::)) (game over)
Round 49 Town Remastered (game over)
Round 45 Der Flur (game over)
Round 40 Project Yeti (game over)
Round 38 Return to Stairway to Hell (game crash)
Round 38 Rust (game over)

And more to come!

Anyways yeah, that's all I got. I hope to get to some more high rounds on Custom Zombies soon, so until then,

(Motto of high round zombie legend KINGJAQ OFFSUIT, who got the very first solo 200+ rounds on console.)
7 years ago
Well, after playing to round 60 on this map, I did notice a few bugs with this map.

1. After being revived, a quote from Dempsey was heard, and I was playing as Nikolai.
2. After being revived, Mule Kick took one of my weapons, even though I was only carrying two weapons. The conclusion I came to was that even though I was carrying two weapons, one of my weapons was still in the quote "third" weapon slot, so losing Mule Kick took away that weapon. (Which for me was the Awful Lawton)
3. Zombie Blood failed to work on one occasion, however I do not know what the cause was.

These bugs don't make the map unplayable, as I've clearly proven, but they are noticeable. Overall this is a fun map to play, a little frustrating to setup, but after the setup is done and you have your guns, you're good to go. Careful with shooting at a full hoard of zombies with Insta-Kill, that caused my game to error once on 32. 
7 years ago
Loading ...