or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Harry Bo21

Are you using the UGX mod?

You get "alien text" if you forget to use project mover after compiling
10 years ago
I had a feeling it would involve manually editing the fx...

Im a little confused though, I notice if i noclip through the wall, the FX isnt even playing until i am passed that wall

Why doesnt the same apply for the floor and ceiling?
10 years ago
I have a nice little fire... If i go to the wall on the other side or the floor above, I can still see the glow and the smoke from it...

Someone mind filling me in here lol, I bet its something simple

Im using UGX Easy FX
10 years ago
im still getting it despite removing that file? Weird
10 years ago
He he, im thinking the answer was right infront of my face...

MAPNAME.gsc

im assuming i remove the line : #include maps\_zombiemode_zone_manager;

I thought id post just so the answer is here

***EDIT*** Nope just caused crashes...
10 years ago
Ok, I ran into some problems with this?

I added everything correctly my first time around. All worked ok

Then I added rain, thunder and lightning - then the perks vanished, the triggers were still there, but they only caused you to lose control of the character (change weapon etc)

I removed everything and checked if the rain script might conflict and can see no reason why it would?

I tried readding the same files and this time got errors about "porter_shader" being missing

So I went to the main page and downloaded the patch.ff there. Tried using that, readded the scripts... now i get "unknown function" errors?

Im gonna crack at this again when i get home, but anyone got any ideas what causes this?

Also I noticed, despite removing everything i added from here, I still have the BO2 perks and powerups icons?

Where are they stored? I dont want them (well, I dont want them "right now" - until i figure out he problem)

Ill update with the fixes i try after work

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so MY problem was indeed with the PATCH file, there are so many floating about, make sure you have the correct one

Still dont know how it broke, I didnt touch the patch...
10 years ago
When I got that error it was a improper installation of Call of duty.

I reinstalled, reapplied the Modtools in the correct order, then applied the UGX patch,  made a new project with UGX script placer, then replaced the map file with my old one. Then lastly i recompiled the UGX mod using Trems youtube guide

I noticed when I manually looked through my files that a good number were missing from the main directory, no idea why as they were there before lol ;)
10 years ago
anyone mind helping out with this?

I mean what I tried to accomplish is miniscule. I really dont see how I could have done anything wrong.

Just nod me in the right direction, thats all ill need

Im mainly confused as im not sure if the Zone_debugger is preventting my text appearing or not (for all I know it may be working?)
10 years ago
Hi there guys

So I have some background with scripting, and fancied my hand with COD

Yet I find myself stuck instantly...

I followed this guide http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqgw0pzx6Rg&list=PLCd4FC0F3_G70NotdjkYTuXtXn5mmDp57
exactly

I recieve no text

Infact instead i am recieving the zome debugger text, despite the fact i have not included it?

Trems tutorial on zones state

Add zone_debugger.iwd to your C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\mapname folder and run the map. Pause the game and check the console output after you spawn.

I havent done this, and if I search my PC for zone_debugger - I find nothing?

Is this why the text isnt appearing, as I am recieving no errors

Itd be great if someone explained this for me. Im not clueless with this in general, yet this has left me with no start point what-so-ever

Thanks in advance ;)
10 years ago
There's an easy way to check that actually, well it's an unconventional method to say the least. There's a T6 client a couple of people I know are doing, I'll edit the GSC parser for ZM and output all damage logs with the weapon relative. If someone wants it at least, it seems like a little fun project :P

I would actually find this VERY helpful. Anyone got any info on this? (Or the results for all BO2 weapons?)
10 years ago
done

*EDIT*

Also, this was the correct answer. The xmodel file provided by Lime isnt rigged correctlly. I dragged the bind over again and all is now ok :)
10 years ago
its cool, im gonna rig it now

and about the image thing... whoops lol

Double Post Merge: August 20, 2014, 03:37:58 am
Yup that did it, thanks guys. I had a feeling it was something like that
10 years ago
thanks guys, ill try that

what did i do wrong with the image out of curiosity?
10 years ago
So yeah, looks very odd?

So I ported the model using Lime, and used the Xmodel that came out from that.

I got the anims from another user here, and dropped em straight in my raw file

converted

everything is perfect, except these random lines coming out of the gun? Someone mind pointing out what I did wrong please :)

Thank y'all in advance :)
10 years ago
Loading ...