or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Harry Bo21

I have a lot of problems with the Steam version on COD 5.

Its getting worse laltely, I have to close steam before each compile or I get a fail with menacing looking text  :rainbow:

If your using steam try closing it down, but its more likely that reinstalling MOD tools will sort it. I had to do that several times the last time I set it up
10 years ago
Ok.... Ive been at this for hours and hours, now finally i have to go to bed... and of course that makes it THAT much more frustrating...

I have a raygun mk2 model
I have raygun mk2 sounds, preconverted
I have the official anims converted to cod 5 using toms tool and maya 2012
I set the note tracks on my anims and NONE of them are set to frame 0
I have the sound alias set up
I have sound,ray_gun2,,all_mp in my mod.csv

I have even sent these induvidual items to another modder, how was able to use them no problem... SO WHY  wont these damn things work for me?

Ive traweled through about 100 tutorials here and at zombie modding.com, all of them are nearly identical and NONE answer when people say they are having the same issue that im having

I can make the firing sound play, not the reload sound (which is the only one ive tried so far and also a note track), however if i assign the reload sound to the firing I can hear it just fine...

Im literally begging for help, this is like the 5th time Ive tried getting this gun, this is the furthest ive ever got, and I have had so many problems it has taken my over 8 ours...

Someone, please tell me you had this issue and fixed it

**UPDATE** 11 hours.... Cannot work this out, and it seems to be a common question, can nobody help?
10 years ago
ok, anims sorted, but sounds... entirely different story

I even sent my anims, sounds and sound aliases to someone else, he could hear the reload sound, ive tried everything but will NOT work here
10 years ago
This is really doing my head in now, as I did this no problem before, took a break from porting, now I cant get the damn thing to work at all...

Im running Maya 2012 and I have all the plug ins

I can add the gun, the view hands and the anim

I export successfully

Fails to convert in asset manager...

Ive tried 100 different ways, nothing is working, can someone fill me in

Double Post Merge: September 15, 2014, 05:31:52 am
Deleting the duplicate entry in another GDT, and adding it to another GDT in model export seems to have worked. Does this make sense to anyone else? If so ill mark as solved
10 years ago
Just to confirm, Stevie's answer sorted it instantly ;)
10 years ago
ok ill try that :)
10 years ago
So I ported player models from BO2 into WaW

They are totally find, except they look like the face has been sucking in through their mouths?

They look fine as regular models, but when assigned to a player the face screws up

And secondly I ported BO2 zombie models from Origins

It seems to be impossible to hit them in the head?

Any ideas?
10 years ago
I have the same issue, im gonna try thse solutions today

But I will note, I tried the Treyarch, UGX and Sniper prefabs... all the same

If I see what I have done wrong ill post here, hopefully itll be the same issue

Annoying as at one point it was working fine
10 years ago
On your zombie model do you have it set up like this?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
targetname - <zone_name>_spawners_rise
script_string - riser
10 years ago
When you activate a zone it activates both, because you had a duplicate it was also initializing "outArea"

You should try using the UGX zone debugger
10 years ago
Personally I dont think it has anything to do with a players skills...

The amount of times Ive tried to run past a zombie, hes hit me, which led to me being "magnetized" (as you call it lol) so I physically "cannot" avoid the following attack = down on solo without jug...

But they are right, its a feature ive always known about and made sure to be aware of in WaW, and it does add challenge. Its more annoying when you only have one zombie left, your doing something like a easter egg or something, you mildly bump into a zombie and he windmills you with no chance of escape - now that is annoying. But so is life

The overall impression I get from WaW is they wanted you to avoid them at all costs, Not even attempt to go near them or its magnet windmill sucker punch time ;)
10 years ago
I know that :D But, I dont want to do all converting and such, cos I would need to do almost everything

I would be much more efficient though, as the changes to these resources would apply to any map they are used in
10 years ago
Its helpful to other users if you post the full problem, and also what you did to resolve it :)
10 years ago
I believe the problem was your lightgrid is too big, adjusting the size would have helped, but im sure you will still be near max capacity
10 years ago
If your missing textures from COD 5 - have you tried reinstalling the mod tools? Last time i reinstalled I noticed some were missing, a reinstall fixed this

For the COD 4 textures - like the others have said, are you sure you have "successfully" converted them in asset manager? If not they will not show until you do (As your working with COD4, you may find it still detects "some" of the images used in COD 4, which may explain your issue)
10 years ago
Loading ...