or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - gympie6

Hey everyone! So as part of my BO mod, I'm hoping to add the Engineer Zombie boss to Kino Der Toten, as what was at one point considered for the map. However, I'm running into trouble with getting him to actually spawn in on the level. Let me try to run down everything I've done so far:

- Add this line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.custom_ai_type = array_add( level.custom_ai_type, maps\_zombiemode_ai_boss::init );
Under:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.custom_ai_type = [];

- Call this thread, zombeng_spawn_points, at the bottom of zombie_theater.gsc:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
zombeng_spawn_points()
{
org = spawn("script_origin", (-258.693, 695.059, -56.8574));
org.targetname = "boss_zombie_spawner";

org = spawn("script_origin", (-1507.99, 583.312, 0.307038));

org = spawn("script_origin", (-1446.81, -184.471, 1.34885));

org = spawn("script_origin", (-166.122, 1847.94, -14.0593));
}

I got the "boss_zombie_spawner" targetname from the ai_boss.gsc script, which has two lines of code that read:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.boss_zombie_spawners = GetEntArray( "boss_zombie_spawner", "targetname" );
array_thread( level.boss_zombie_spawners, ::add_spawn_function, maps\_zombiemode_ai_boss::boss_prespawn );

I'm kinda new with setting up spawn points via gsc files, so I might have done this part wrong. Surely I can just put all of the spawn points together in one function like this?

Code Snippet
Plaintext
zombeng_spawn_points()
{
org = spawn("script_origin", (-258.693, 695.059, -56.8574));
org = spawn("script_origin", (-1507.99, 583.312, 0.307038));
org = spawn("script_origin", (-1446.81, -184.471, 1.34885));
org = spawn("script_origin", (-166.122, 1847.94, -14.0593));
}

- In zombie_theater.gsc, I've added this line:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.boss_zombie_enter_level = 3;
Under this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	maps\_zombiemode_ai_dogs::enable_dog_rounds();

I got this from another line of code from the ai_boss.gsc, which reads:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	if ( !isDefined( level.boss_zombie_enter_level ) )
{
level.boss_zombie_enter_level = maps\_zombiemode_ai_boss::boss_zombie_default_enter_level;
}

The boss_zombie_default_enter_level thread appears as follows:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
boss_zombie_default_enter_level()
{
Playfx( level._effect["boss_spawn"], self.origin );
playsoundatposition( "zmb_bolt", self.origin );
PlayRumbleOnPosition("explosion_generic", self.origin);
self.entered_level = true;
}

I'm probably wrong here, but I was assuming that I could simply designate a round to this function as seen above, where I'm trying to get the boss to spawn on round three.

- Before, I also tried adding this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	level.boss_zombie_spawn_heuristic = true;

Directly under the level.boss_zombie_enter round = 3 line in zombie_theater.gsc, but what that did was cause the spawn music to continuously play over and over again during the match. So I'm guessing that was totally wrong  ::)

Aside from that, I've got all the sounds, animations, models, and character files set up just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

I never modded for bo1 before but there is a thing that's wrong,
You want to link a variable to a method which is not returning anything.

I am talking about this var boss_zombie_default_enter_level.
I think you want to return this: return self.entered_level = true;

Next advice I give you is debugging the engineer zombie and look for problems.
Is he spawning? Where? Does he spawn? Yes or no? Does he enter that method? Cool
But why don't I see him yet, that kind of things.
6 years ago
So i need help with this Prefab! Im using these dogs for scenery in my map.

I do everthing it says but i end up with a bad syntax error...and i removed everything that i did to make sure it was this prefab and surely enough the map worked fine when i removed all the barkin dog stuff...

GSC Code in the prefab:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include common_scripts\utility;
#include maps\_utility;
#include maps\_music;
#include maps\_anim;
#include animscripts\shared;
#include animscripts\utility;
#using_animtree( "dog" );
//////////////////
//in mapname.gsc
//maps\_zombiemode::main();
//thread maps\animated_dogs::setup_animated_barking_dogs();
///////////////////
//add to mod.csv
/*
xanim,german_shepherd_sleeping
xanim,german_shepherd_eating_loop
xanim,german_shepherd_attackidle_bark
xanim,german_shepherd_idle
*/
//

setup_animated_barking_dogs()
{
animated_barking_dogs = GetEntarray( "animated_barking_dogs", "targetname" );
array_thread( animated_barking_dogs, ::set_anim_playback_rate_dogs );
}
set_anim_playback_rate_dogs()
{
self useAnimTree( #animtree );
self endon("killanimscript");
self.animplaybackrate = 0.9 + randomfloat( 0.2 );
self.moveplaybackrate = 1;
self clearanim(%german_shepherd_attackidle_knob, 0.1);
while (1)
{
self attackidle_bark();
self animscripts\shared::DoNoteTracks("done");
}
}
attackidle_bark()
{
if( isdefined( self.script_noteworthy ) && self.script_noteworthy == "german_shepherd_idle" )
{
self setflaggedanimrestart( "dog_idle", %german_shepherd_idle, 1, 0.2, self.animplaybackrate );
}
if( isdefined( self.script_noteworthy ) && self.script_noteworthy == "german_shepherd_sleeping" )
{
self setflaggedanimrestart( "dog_idle", %german_shepherd_sleeping, 1, 0.2, self.animplaybackrate );
}
if( isdefined( self.script_noteworthy ) && self.script_noteworthy == "german_shepherd_eating_loop" )
{
self setflaggedanimrestart( "dog_idle", %german_shepherd_eating_loop, 1, 0.2, self.animplaybackrate );
}
if( isdefined( self.script_noteworthy ) && self.script_noteworthy == "german_shepherd_attackidle_bark" )
{
self setflaggedanimrestart( "dog_idle", %german_shepherd_attackidle_bark, 1, 0.2, self.animplaybackrate );
}
}

So i added #Include and the #Using anim tree to my Utilities tab in mymapname.gsc and when i added all this stuff i got a bad syntax error. I am not sure what the problem is. The code at the bottom is not the issue either! It's only the #Include and #Using_animtree stuff that is causing issues...it's required in order for this to work! But for some reason it gives me a bad syntax!

Have you tried running the map with developer 1?
Most of the time it tells you what is wrong.
If that is not going to help you plz send me the link to the tutorial and I will take a look for you. :)
6 years ago
I was looking for some fun maps to play if you know any fun maps please comment the name of the map :poker:

Just going to leave this here:
https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15793.0.html
6 years ago
hi guys
i have big Problem

Double Post Merge: April 13, 2018, 10:05:07 pm
hi guys
i have big Problem
when i work on my map Electricity was cut off and my computer go off
then the Electricity returned and open my computer and i find that map is gone  :'( :'(
(Image removed from quote.)
what can i do to return it ?

Have you looked for your map here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty World at War\map_source

And I am not sure but Radiant should make a backup when something goes wrong with the program.
I can't remember where Radiant saves it.
6 years ago
Another quick question if you can assist me on this but do you know how to re add AI battle chatter for Soldiers?

I have never done that before so I have no experience.
I am not sure but I think I saw a tut on zombiemodding about that.
If I am home I will to look it up for you.
6 years ago
Alright! So this go's step by step for getting these weapons? Thank you!

No problem  :)
6 years ago
do you have a good tutorial on this? I am afraid to mess with the CSV file as every time i mess with it i manage to corrupt my map file and break it. If you have a good tutorial i can follow for this i would appreciate it! :)

Yes I have a good one for you from ZOMB1E-KLLR:
6 years ago
Is there a way i can add Multiplayer weapons into zombies mode?

If you mean the multiplayer weapons from cod waw sure! All you have to do is look into(not on pc right now) raw/weapons/mp
Copy the weaponfiles you want to your own mod. After you have done that you need to add the weapon(s) to your csv/dlc3/_zombiemode_weapons ect.. ect.. build the mod And that's it.
6 years ago
:facepalm:

I'm not 'that' ignorant.

For example, ugx_requiem.gsc

That's what I'm looking for. I can't find it. I haven't modified the map at all. I don't know what will give me the ".gsc" file either. I don't know anything about the script placer or any launcher.

Instead of using someone else his code why do you not follow a tutorial like this one?:
https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,2250.0.html

Damm the real creator of this should be credited!
6 years ago
When i play zombie maps like der riese it doesn't allow me to use sv_cheats 1 and turn on god mode or no clip any way to fix this

Look if your console isn't turned off in options after installing t4m (d3d9.dll).
6 years ago
um when he pmd me asking, before you ever responded to him

(Image removed from quote.)

Nice!
6 years ago
Hey, I added Harry Bo21's perks into my map. My power switch is completely black apart from the handle. When I shoot at it, the muzzle flash lights up and I can see part of the switch, but then it goes black again. I don't know how to fix this and it's very annoying. I have the 'harrybo21_perks v5.0.0.zip' file. He said make sure you have the latest version, which I think is v.5.2.0 but whenever I follow the link for it on MEGA it says it has been removed. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Double Post Merge: April 04, 2018, 10:17:20 am

I just found the v.5.2.0 version after scrolling through his posts. I'll post again if the problem persists.
I think you forgot to add textures to the mod. If you see completey black or white models then textures are missing.
6 years ago
Alright thanks, now my main problem is that i cant run the map even if i disable a lot more assets i'm still getting the same error lmao, can i fix this by downloading mod tool again and replacing soundaliases files etc? so i disable things again  :poker:

From what I have seen I think you have more errors, replacing soundaliases doesn't fix anything but only the sounds in your mod.
It's a good advise to backup your mod before doing something big it can be anything that's could kill your mod. If you run your map openup your console and type this: developer 1 and run the map again. It will show where the error's are started and you know the location where to fix them. After you have fixed the errors that's related with the mod you have installed you can turn it back at developer 0 and run the map again.
6 years ago
Loading ...