or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Gregsta33

Very cool map dude played the First version and i thought it promised more and you nailed it with this version good job bro

Cheers
Gregsta33
10 years ago
it does over lap abit but they are totally different plains so i thought the fact that the sub is a sealed box it wouldn't matter. the sky box was set up using the ZK tutorial by adding a skybox to worldspawn and adding the model using the zone_source/map.gsc file in my root.

really i don't need the players to be able to go in the water i just need the dynamic texture for aesthetics to cover the lower area of the map rather then being able to swim in it is there a way of doing that?
10 years ago
thanks that number 2 taken care of just the flooding issue

Cheers
Gregsta33
10 years ago
so my map idea is that you start in the bottom of an abandend surfaced submarine (uboat) and make your way up on to the deck for Pap and the Endgame. so obviously most of the map is under the surface level . the issues im having now that i have added dynamic water are:

1)the spawn room and 95% of the map are now under water and un-playable dispite being in  a big sealed box under the surface level

note/ i have moved the spawn on to the deck and removed doors to check if it is the enitre map is submerged, it is fine on deck you can see that you are on a sub in the ocean however when you climb the ladder down in to the sub you are esentially swiming once you get level with the water that is on the outside of the sub. all though there is no visble texture in the room, except a bluish tint once you are swimming and looking in to the map.

before any one asks the water segments are separate for the main stucture in radiant and they do not over lap any walls

2) the dynamic water looks great except it is really bright on the surface almost white in colour (color).

any help greatly appreiciated :)

Gregsta33
10 years ago
what file type do loading screen pics have to be to place them in the UGX script Placer?
10 years ago
I'm sorry i appreciate the advice but i don't understand it i need it breaking down abit as i am new to all this lol

CANCEL MY LASt
got it thanks very much  :)
10 years ago
I downloaded all mod tools in ZK's tutorial and have followed the video to the letter

i use a scripter to set up a new map the .map file goes to the map_source file

Launcher loads up and the map names are listed

However cannot open radiant at all it asks me to select a file and the .map files are not showing up??????

on the vids the .map files are there but not for me  :(

anything i need to do that the vid missed or is it another problem

Gregsta33
10 years ago
Cheers pal

Post Merge: December 31, 2013, 01:42:44 pm
OK using the ZK tutorial on youtube and and links provided (mod tools etc) i have been shown these errors while i was doing my initial conversion to Launcher, are they going to be a big problem? if so how do i correct them.

ERROR: file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\texture_assets\menu\loadscreen_nazi_zombie_oldtown.tga' not found

ERROR: file 'raw/materials/loadscreen_nazi_zombie_oldtown' was generated, but is 0 size (deleting).
aborting....
Converting 'menu_map_nazi_zombie_oldtown' (material 3 of 49)...

ERROR: file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\texture_assets\menu\menu_map_nazi_zombie_oldtown.dds' not found

ERROR: file 'raw/materials/menu_map_nazi_zombie_oldtown' was generated, but is 0 size (deleting).
Converting 'minimap_nazi_zombie_oldtown' (material 4 of 49)...

ERROR: file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\texture_assets\menu\nazi_zombie_oldtown_ingame_map.dds' not found

ERROR: file 'raw/materials/minimap_nazi_zombie_oldtown' was generated, but is 0 size (deleting).
Converting 'mission_screen_nazi_zombie_oldtown' (material 5 of 49)...

ERROR: file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty - World at War\texture_assets\menu\mission_screen_nazi_zombie_oldtown.tga' not found

ERROR: file 'raw/materials/mission_screen_nazi_zombie_oldtown' was generated, but is 0 size (deleting).

any help?

Cheers Gregsta33

10 years ago
Thanks for the welcome and the links

:)
10 years ago
Hi,

I am a great admirer of CoD Zombies and have been since the release of WaW,(XBox 360)

however I am new to the world of custom maps as I have only just built my first gaming PC in the last few months, one of the reasons was to start playing and building Custom maps.

which brings me to my point being new to the custom community and I need help to learn how to start me off on constructing maps based on my own ideas.

so I am asking for recommended Youtube series that have clear concise instruction for me to get to grips with the programs.

also I would like to know of links where all tools and software for the beginner mapper can be found.

I realise this message may annoy some, but i value the input of those who wish to help

Cheers

Gregsta33 

:)
10 years ago
very cool map dude.

lot of fun playing this as single player, I like the "Easter egg" objectives (perhaps a little too easy though)
music Easter eggs are class.

great design and good detail.

will need to play multi-player to fully experience the map though. :)

8/10
(only because the objectives and ending will be too easy with multiple players in my opinion) 

Great map sir!! :)
10 years ago
Awesome map dude

I like the customization, you have put in some serious effort.
prices on the doors add to the difficulty in single player, but very enjoyable map
all though I am relativly new to Custom Zombies, this is a map I will play a fair bit and one I hope you can build on, with future map releases.

also it don't hurt that i am a huge Batman fan.

(Side note) seeing as Spider has downloaded it can't wait to watch and see what th NGT crew think.

Bravo Sir...
10 years ago
Loading ...