or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - GerardS0406

Gerard you just said you have no interest in the map so go away then, why are you posting?
This topic was about donating not the map itself.

No one forces the mappers to make big maps like leviathan, the mapper could just stop anytime if the mapper thought it wasn't worth it, they choose that themselves obviously. Otherwise they would never ever even start on a big map like that if they really thought it was not worth the time to make it.
+1
9 years ago
I suggest you just stop

Half the reason i fixed the perks was cause YOU were the one reporting issues
Yea I was testing it. Helping you. and I just said I was just going to stop.
9 years ago
can say what they like, i really dont care

Im nothing but helpful around here, regardless of what gerard says, to start with hes using a list of my stuff as it is.

Then there is literally a list of other maps with my name in credits for "helping" or for "giving" my features to them. Fuck i spent 12 hours on teamspeak setting up the mod tools on some italian guys pc ffs...

When I "had an opinion" that people shouldnt tamper with other peoples mods, it also got flamed for "having an opinion" which is the very thing this is. Funny how it never seems to go both ways when a site mod is involved so i really couldnt care less anymore

The people "threatening" ugx overthis have "proved" that they dont give 2 fks about this community in my "opinion" as it is
I'm sorry but I was just saying that you've never helped me specifically. DD has. I know you have helped other people and I'm just saying me specifically you haven't. I'm sorry about all this now, people can get back on topic. This is resolved hopefully.
9 years ago
and even if you do, you write in in such a prickish way, it comes across that way regardless
He helped me with scripts, helped me with computer problems, helped me with many things on here than you wouldn't have. He also didn't say it in a prickish way. Also, all arguments that are between you two are started by you Harry. You always say to DD, all you do is criticize. All you do is complain and bam that starts a whole argument again. It would be great if these would stop so we can all just enjoy this community and stop kicking other people out, making them not feel welcome. mods are supposed to make people feel welcome i thought but this is my last message here. I'm out ;)
9 years ago
Once again. I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE MAP
9 years ago
Requiem Release Date: November 29, 2014 (2 years ago according to Harry).
I donated because it helped produce ugx mod. didn't play the map much.
Not donating for this because there is no good cause for it.
9 years ago
what else are you getting in return then

and as you said

on a topic about a donation for service topic, so put 2 and 2 together mate

or do tell me what else you are "getting" from this
I was just saying none of you "skilled" mappers want to make maps for fun anymore. That's what it's been since I started a long while back, then I joined here and saw that everyone was just having fun also. I was enjoying it. Then donations come to play out of no where. I know you haven't been in the community as long as most of us so you don't see all the fun and games everyone used to have. I just wish it was still like that but apparently no it's not.
9 years ago

please read again

We didnt say its all about money

and if you guys actually used your eyes, you would see it WILL BE FREE

AND

HE RELEASED ANOTHER MAP TO TIDE YOU OVER WITH HALF THE OIL RIG FEATURES

like seriously are people just blind? or purposefully ignorant?
Um... you please READ AGAIN. He said we want something in return. and I said "Okay I guess it's about something in return now! oh boy!" I never mentioned money.
9 years ago
People just want something for nothing. They have no comprehension of the work required to make maps on this scale. It just takes so long, maps like this, Leviathan, Herrenhaus, etc. are just one offs, the mappers/modders just simply don't have the time or motivation to spend that much time on something for absolutely nothing in return. I know for sure I will never make a map this large and ambitious again, I know the Leviathan team feel the same, most of the talented people make 1 or 2 maps and just move on. It's just way too time-consuming and isn't worth it.
I thought the whole point of making custom zombies maps was for fun. Well at least it used to be. Okay I guess It's about something in return now! oh boy!
9 years ago
Instead of making this topic, we could all just read this: http://www.activision.com/legal/terms-of-use
 ::)
9 years ago
the first place, we suggested adding the button to your profile
That would work to.
9 years ago
your not supporting the "map" your supporting the "mapper"
If you want to support the mapper then don't connect the donation to the map. Just put a donate button on the map topic.
9 years ago
Okay this is all I'm going to say. If you want donations. Release the map to the public for FREE and in the map description, ask for a donation if they liked the map. Sure you won't get a lot of donators but people like me who really like the maps would donate. Making zombies maps shouldn't be about donating, it should be about having fun.

Double Post Merge: September 03, 2015, 05:29:40 pm
To add on, I get what you're doing but in the future I would like that to be done.
9 years ago
Loading ...