or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - DuaLVII

Greetings UGXians!

For a while I've been holding back this map and kept it as a friends only map because I'm new to mapping in World at War and had no knowledge for scripting, However, That is starting to change.

Please note; This is my first map.

With thanks to Tomikaze for his awesome suggestions and Treminaor also, AND after a lot of messing around with scripts and making my own, I've managed to get Tomi's suggestions in and more.

The provided link is to my last build of the map, However, This map is not finished and more importantly, it will grow in size.

The current release is a very small scaled map and it was made clear to me by numerous people that not many out there like small maps, and since I'm now getting a grasp of the scripting language, I'll be extending it with some evil secrets.

To the reason why I've decided to post this now instead of earlier;

I've been making this map up really as I've been going along and since the UGX Community is filled with amazing creative minds, I'd love to hear peoples suggestions.
Also to make sure there are no bugs.

Please know however, I probably won't be doing any more scripts or changes till UGX 1.1 is out otherwise I'll be creating more and more work for myself, but any future features or suggestions that require new scripts after UGX 1.1 is out, I'll set too on it.

Moving on to the current features of this small scaled map;

• UGX 1.0.3
  • Buyable Ending - 30,000 (Location will change in the future)
  • Gametype specific - Classic Mode Only
  • Mob of the Dead's Round Start and End sounds
  • Random air-strikes - Air raid siren will give you a 14 second warning
  • Craftable door trap - This was made for testing purposes for a script I made
  • Wall weapons disabled after round 10
  • Random box costs 2000 - Can spit out a pack-a-punch weapon (Also be careful, because the box can trick you sometimes)
  • Refreshed barrier building - Altered barrier building animations, also Speed Cola now lets players build barriers 2x quicker
  • Electricity will be turned on automatically after round 10
  • All perk locations are randomized

Hopefully, The feature list will keep growing over time.

Here also are some old screenshots (Don't currently have any new ones yet since not much has changed other than the grass)

Credits;

UGX Devs - For the awesome UGX Mod
Treminaor - UGX Easy-FX (Wish I knew about is sooner)
Tom-BMX - Artillery & Zombie Counter scripts
No doubt more to be added.

Thanks guys,
DuaLVII
10 years ago
Epic in many area's, Dramatic, Hilarious, Intense and most importantly, Sci-fi;

Beans
10 years ago
Hey Guys,

Thought I'd share this video I made earlier which shows the map I've been working on for the last 2 weeks, although for whatever reason the video recorder decided to record in Half-Size mode which was activated by a ghost so the gameplay is kind of digitized and missing a little on the left side which sucks but any way;

World at War - Custom Map in Progress with DuaLVII

Many Thanks,
DuaLVII

Post Merge: December 18, 2013, 11:14:44 am
Fixed the video slightly.
10 years ago
Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue currently with the Treasure Chest, I've set currently only 2 locations for it which means the only 2 available are;
start_chest
chest1

Although I'll be adding more eventually but originally I created my own treasure chests (same box as most maps) and it somewhat worked as normal, the box itself worked and eventually you'd get the teddy bear and the box starts jiggling, raising and disappears, however the box returned back in the same location.

After a lot of messing around I kind of thought that maybe I was missing an entity or something misspelt and ended up finding Sniperbolts Treasure chest.
I added his prefabs;
start_chest
chest1
But the same happened, even after stamping the prefabs in their location but still wouldn't work.

After this I want to my mapname.gsc and check the boxArray which I saw by default was;
Code Snippet
Plaintext
    boxArray = [];
    boxArray[ boxArray.size ] = "start_chest";
    boxArray[ boxArray.size ] = "chest1";
    boxArray[ boxArray.size ] = "chest2";
    boxArray[ boxArray.size ] = "chest3";
    boxArray[ boxArray.size ] = "chest4";
    boxArray[ boxArray.size ] = "chest5";
    level.DLC3.PandoraBoxes = boxArray;

I then removed;

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Leaving only;

Code Snippet
Plaintext
    boxArray = [];

Because I though with the other names in the array it might be trying to access them on move but it turns out it wasn't the case and the exact same thing happened again, It put it's self in the same location.

So for now I've put the code back to;

Code Snippet
Plaintext
    boxArray = [];

And decided that I'm beat as far as trying to figure thing out goes.
So if anyone else has had this problem and found a way to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Many Thanks,
DuaLVII

Post Merge: December 16, 2013, 10:16:06 am
Update;

After reading elsewhere about Treasure Chest moving issues I found that on script;
_zombiemode_weapons.gsc
Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.box_moved = false;

Is set to false by default, However after setting this to true;

Code Snippet
Plaintext
level.box_moved = true;

The same thing `STILL` happens, Teddy appears, Box raises and jiggles, disappears and then reappears in the same spot.

I did the same thing again as I said on my first post;

After this I want to my mapname.gsc and check the boxArray which I saw by default was;
Code Snippet
Plaintext
    boxArray = [];

I then removed;

Code Snippet
Plaintext

Leaving only;

Code Snippet
Plaintext
    boxArray = [];

But no joy, Same thing happens again.

Many thanks,
DuaLVII
10 years ago
Hey Guys,

Hope I'm writing in the right location here, First want to say awesome mod, UGX-Mod is excellent to play on and I feel a bit of a bother since the work on this mod is being done freely for us to use.

Most of the time whenever I host a game for friends to connect too and start, It wants to load up the co-op mission Semper Fi, which I understand is the default whenever you host a new game but when I go to the Game Setup, It can't be changed since the UGX Map uses it's out HUD Layout.

Just in-case, I'm use the Kino Der Toten map, But I don't know if this problem has happened to others as well?

Any way, Not sure if it's probably some setting I need to change or anything,
Thanks,
DuaLVII
10 years ago
Loading ...