or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Doodles_Inc

Back in Black Ops zombies, on Five for example, when the player takes the elevator down, all of the zombies on the current floor that are outside of the windows and actively chasing the player, will respawn at windows on the floor that the player then arrives at.

In the map I am currently making, I have the player drop down a large hole, not quite an elevator, but I would love to know if there is a way to force any zombies above to respawn at that bottom level when all of the players have dropped down. Is there any way of achieving this, if so I would love any links or information! Alternatively, I have been trying to get the zombies to simply climb down, but the way I have the hole set up is proving to make that a bit difficult, I may just have to do some rearranging!
I have a similar problem to you, I think in this case maybe if you put some zones in between the floors and activate then automatically (don't remember how to do it though) the game SHOULD spawn zombies only in the nearest zones, that means the top floor would be excluded. I have no ideia if this would work.

Double Post Merge: July 10, 2018, 01:05:36 am
What you could do also would be disabling the zones you don't want zombies to spawn, the only problem would be that it would only work solo since if you deactivate the zone everyone inside it dies.
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function disablezone(zone) {
level.zones[zone].is_enabled = false;
level.zones[zone].is_spawning_allowed = false;
level notify(zone);
}
6 years ago
The extra GBs are the adittional assets, if they don't show up as download, uncheck and check again it in the mod tools propertys and it should be downloaded.
6 years ago
Just delete the script_struct (the red box). I realised there’s no need to remove any KVPs.

Now in the script, add:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
zombie_spawn = getEnt("zone_name_spawners","targetname");
zone = getEnt("zone_name","targetname");

if ( zombie_spawn istouching( zone ) )
{
      zombie_spawn Delete();
}

Double Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 08:16:00 pm
To get one spawner per zone just duplicate the zombie spawner but with each duplicate, change the name of the zone in the targetname.
Okay, so the code works, but the zombies don't really stop spawning.
- As you can see the round passes but zombies continue spawning on the risers that should have been deleted, OBS: My character changes because I had to restart the level to get both screenshots.

Double Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 08:55:08 pm
I also tested trying to get the EntArray for the structs but no success also.
6 years ago
Delete the struct which the zombies are spawning from.

And then remove the script_string from the zombie spawner.

Also, why don’t you want risers? Without them, they will just appear in the map without an animation.
Okay so I think I am mixing things, for me the riser is where the zombies spawn and the spawner in what set's wich model of zombie will spawn.

I didn't understand wich one of these the code should delete, as HarryBo said I can't get the a array of structs, but, I just have one spawner, so how could I set a spawner per zone?

Double Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 07:41:00 pm
Delete the struct which the zombies are spawning from.

And then remove the script_string from the zombie spawner.

Also, why don’t you want risers? Without them, they will just appear in the map without an animation.
Also, how would I remove the script_string from the spawner?
6 years ago
Ok I will test this now.

Double Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 07:18:34 pm
Scheiße

Double Post Merge: July 08, 2018, 12:54:45 pm
I wasn't using getEntArray on a struct, I was using it on the zombie spawner entities.
Hey, so are we deleting the spawners or the risers? I just have one spawner in my map wich is the The Giant one.
6 years ago
You need to hold shift to select anything within the viewport or the grid.
6 years ago
Is there any way I can deactivate a riser/spawner? Or any way to make zombies spawn only in the zone players are? Im making a map that has a moving wall wich will start closing the map, so I need zombies to stop spawning on the closed areas.
Thanks.
6 years ago
The game doesn't allow you to turn around while climbing which is why you can't keep turning around. It's not a bug, it's a feature :)
I am not turning around, the camera gettys buggy in the first step into the ladder and then it keeps clipping inside the view model of my character.
6 years ago
Is there any of unbugging the ladders? Everytime I try to climb up one the camera just starts getting buggy (even tough I can climb the ladder)
Thanks in advance.
6 years ago
Awesome man, I hope you got this working, would love to see it in action!
It's almost ready, I stopped using the mod tools for a while, but, I think that I will release my full map this month (december)
6 years ago
How did you made it?
7 years ago
Maybe try my way? the function it comes from does all the calculations so it might increase the health per round. Also, taking it out of the while loop might make it work if it doesn't work with the loop
I will try it today
7 years ago
Yea, I was afraid that the zombies might have a fixed health this way. Hopefully the riser thing works
Im compilling the map now to test it

Double Post Merge: September 18, 2017, 11:50:16 pm
It didn't worked :(
7 years ago
Loading ...