or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - dextro62

I downloaded it it never work I did it a second time still didn't work
did you start it by typing map e1m1 in console?
8 years ago
Take a look at this: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,8315.msg89735.html#msg89735. Probably will help.
Thanks. the post you marked as best answer fixed it for me.
8 years ago
I've had the box working fine in previous maps but for some reason in the map im working on now if there is more than one box location, whenever i get a teddy bear the box will disappear but it will respawn in the same location.
Thanks for the help.
8 years ago
Try commenting it out. Never tried myself. Put // in front if it.
Thanks this worked.
8 years ago
I'm not at my pc to look it up, but it randomly sets the tan, I think in zombie mode spawner. I think, self random_tan().
Is there a way to switch this off?
8 years ago
i think some zombies just look dirtier or burned

Ok thanks, i thought this might be the case but i wasn't sure.
8 years ago
So i tried re-skinning the zombies using the following tutorial:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aubHKZ-Hk2E
But when i launch the game, most of the zombies look fine but on some of the zombies the skins look faded.

Anyone know why this is happening?
8 years ago
AFTER doing the script change that I mentioned would have to be done you will be able to set the text in radiant by using the kvp
Code Snippet
Plaintext
zombie_text, text //text will be what the trigger says
on the trigger

I tried that but it didn't change anything
8 years ago
so you can set the text in radiant on any door

How do i set the text in radiant?
8 years ago
Hey, I was wondering if there was a KVP you can use to change the speed of a sliding door?
Also, is there a KVP you can use to change the text ("press f to open door") that appears when standing beside a door trigger.
And is there a KVP that changes or removes the door open sound.
If not then how do you do each of these things?
Thanks in advance.
8 years ago
hey i have this same error, did you ever find out how to fix it?
8 years ago
Beat the map on round 13. MP-40 and MG42, All 4 perks. no PaP.. How do you open it?

If you look at the third door(facing towards the exit)you'll see that part of the wall on the right of the door is a different texture than the rest of the wall. press F on that part of the wall.

If that description was no good i'll post a picture for you.
8 years ago
I didn't have dynamic path selected on the door so i ticked that and it's working now.
Thanks for all your help
8 years ago
That tutorial did not include the connectpaths or setting the zone flag which is why it didnt work.

Hey i tried what you said but when the door opens the zombies still just stand still or sometimes they walk towards the door and try to get through but it's like there is something blocking them.

I don't get the "Did not set the script flag on the trigger properly." message. So I don't know what's going on.
8 years ago
Hey I followed a tutorial for a shootable door and i got the door to open by shooting it no problem but once i open it and walk through the zombies are unable to follow me through it and just stand still.

The script goes in root\mods\mapname\maps\mapname.gsc

I placed this at the bottom of the file
Code Snippet
Plaintext
//ZK's Shootable Opening Door
zk_shootable_door()
{
        door = getEnt("shootable_door", "targetname");  //this will be the door that opens
        shoot_me = getEnt("shoot_me", "targetname");    //this is the trigger that you shoot

shoot_me waittill("trigger");
        shoot_me delete();
        play_sound_at_pos("door_slide_open", door.origin);
        door MoveZ (084, 1);
        //door MoveY (100, 5);
        //door MoveX (100, 5);
  iprintln("A Secret Is Revealed");     //remove this line if you don't want it to say that

wait 1;
}

And i placed this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread zk_shootable_door();

Below this:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
	/*--------------------
FUNCTION CALLS - PRE _Load
----------------------*/
level thread DLC3_threadCalls();

I then went into radiant and made a script brushmodel and gave it the KVP targetname/shootable_door
And I made a trigger damage with the KVP targetname/shoot_me

Here's a link to the original tutorial:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gM7MxdwIwI

If anyone can tell me why the zombies are acting like this that would be great.
8 years ago
Loading ...