or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Delta

Google Images: "hot cars wallpaper" - you are welcome

LOL

(Audi R8 tuned)
11 years ago
Why this isnt showing in UGX Map Manager? Im eager to play it, but no download link
Weird, you are right  - I talk to the team, seems like a mistake
11 years ago
After reading it multiple times...

You have problems by loadig your map IN THE GAME ?

Then please provide at least the correct log.
You sent the Compiler log but we need the game log, alias Console.log which is in your root/mods/<mapname>

There is only a console.log if you enable logfile 1 (or 2)
11 years ago
see your "mods" folder as a virtual "raw".

so any file which is in raw/<foldername>
has to be the same as in mods/<modname>/<foldername>

for the loop, try this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
// call it in maps/<your map>.gsc main function
thread force_fov();

// put it in maps/<your map>.gsc
force_fov()
{
endon("disconnect");

fov = 90;

while(true)
{
if( GetDvarInt("cg_fov") != fov )
SetDvar( "cg_fov", fov );
wait(0.05);
}
}

( I have to time to test it, so this was scripting in a freaking forum lol, if it doesn't work I fix it later when I get time ~4h)
11 years ago
Porting guns is time consuming. - And we have assets limits aswell.
So we choose the guns wisely to have a great balance.

But you are free to port the gun by your own into your map or mod.

Of course, you are free to suggest every gun - but don't get disappointed if it doesn't make it into the mod.
11 years ago
Wait, so the player start with a FOV of 90 and when you get teleported back for a certain amount your FOV is changing back to 65?

Well, first of all, I wouldn't recommand using such a hard limit to force everyone to use a FOV of 90.
It depends on everyone, some ppl like a higer FOV, some not. (I used to have 85 in competition)

You could make a small loop, to check every frame if the fov changed to 65 and if so, simply set it to 90 again.

I also think payload_zombie has nothing to do with it - as long as you don't include and use it in your  map, do you?

Did you changed the fov there aswell:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
root\raw\maps\nazi_zombie_factory_teleporter.gsc:
   55  if( !IsSplitscreen() )
   56  {
   57: level.teleport_ae_funcs[level.teleport_ae_funcs.size] = maps\nazi_zombie_factory_teleporter::teleport_aftereffect_fov;
   58  }
   59  level.teleport_ae_funcs[level.teleport_ae_funcs.size] = maps\nazi_zombie_factory_teleporter::teleport_aftereffect_shellshock;
  986  // tae indicates to Clientscripts that a teleporter aftereffect should start
  988: teleport_aftereffect_fov()
  989  {
  990  setClientSysState( "levelNotify", "tae", self );

As you can see, he is calling a function called teleport_aftereffect_fov. - This function (line 988) calls a client state.

soooooo, check  root/raw/clientscripts/dlc3_teleporter.csc - line 71
Code Snippet
Plaintext
teleport_aftereffect_fov( localClientNum )
{
println( "***FOV Aftereffect***\n" );

start_fov = 30;
end_fov = 65;
duration = 0.5;

for( i = 0; i < duration; i += 0.017 )
{
fov = start_fov + (end_fov - start_fov)*(i/duration);
SetClientDvar( "cg_fov", fov );
realwait( 0.017 );
}
}

There you got it ;) - The reason on why it is random is that they implemented different effects for it (which you already noticed correctly)

But I still recommand creating an endless loop to check the fov and if it isn't 90 then set it to 90 - in this case you cover all other fov changes which might be in effect.

11 years ago
gotta love it :) im looking forward to the beta test of that userbar :)  <- could i even join it? :o
Sure ! Everyone can join. - It's a closed beta because it might has some bugs and I don't want to force anyone on a public beta already. ;)
11 years ago
Hello lovely community,

It's finally time for me to let some more information out to the public. (Transparency YAY!)

You might be thinking "Who the hell is this guy and what is he doing!" - and thats exactly why I made this thread today :)
Additionally, I would like to announce some upcomming changes, so it's definitely worth reading this thread :P

So let's start with UGX Mod Standalone v1.1:

No, I won't say a specific date on when we release it. - It's impossible to predict yet.
BUT! - I want to give the community the opportunity to track our progress, aswell as maybe even participate a bit more into our development.

Internally, we use a planning software and I hope to enable a publicly-viewable section, which lists what issues/features we are currently working on.
Stay tuned for more about this in the upcoming days.

Finally I would also like to clarify some confusion about who is actually working on UGX Mod Standalone currently.
Although we have a team of 8 people, only 4 are currently active: treminaor, Delta (me) and SajeOne - Mr.Slagovich is doing QA.

The next huge thing which we want to deliver to the community is our own "Developer Package".
Included in this package is an example map with all UGX Mod features. ( you have already seen it in our recent YouTube videos ;) )

We are also in the process of adding a ton of new Wiki pages, which will become public when they are all finished.
-> In our opinion we are providing better instructions and more detail than any currently existing CoD wiki.

For community mappers, we will deliver our own UGX Modtools Patch. - The advantage of our patch is that it contains all fixes from Sniperbolt's Tutorial Map patch, plus:
- fixed Juggernog hitcount
- an on-screen in-game debugging system for all types of zombie doors (blockers, sliding doors, etc)
- and more to be announced later on ;)

I also have more exciting news to share with all scripters / modders out there aswell:
I personally don't like the current CCoD/Zeroy scripting reference and it has a lack of features in my opinion,
so UGX has decided to deliver our own custom scripting reference, with some neat features you have never seen or dreamed of ;)

Last but not least, let's talk a bit about the UGX-Mods website. - You might have noticed recently some minor changes and a major one, the chat room.
While using the chat you might have encountered some ?;> &;> weird chat output.
This will be finally over soon. - I would like to introduce a fully reworked system:

I personally brand it as usermenu.
Technically, it appears on each side of your web browser as small bar, where you can have access to certain new windows / features. (similar to the tasklist in Windows)
My goal is to make the current site experience more userfriendly, so I integrated the chat and a couple of other features directly into each page.

That means, as long as you stay on UGX-Mods, you have the chat always with you on the userbar.
And yes, the chat system has been fully rewritten - a lot of cool new features will be added and I even plan to expand support for older browsers.
That also mean it will has a special version for mobile platforms aswell! (yay)

The new chat will be launched at the same time as the userbar.

I can't go into any more detail yet - But when time comes, any member who is interested in the new userbar can participate in the closed beta to test it out.

That's all the news I can give for now - check back often to see when all these new things will be released!

Oh and of course, thanks to YOU guys. Your feedback, support and sharing is just freaking awesome! - keep it up!
11 years ago
it would be also nice to have a fullscreen screenshot on the topic ;)

And format your text to a better readable format
11 years ago
We are working on it. Also we deliver a documentation on how to use them in a custom map.
11 years ago
that seems like a nice rip off,

so why do you need help again? Oh right, you didn't wrote nor understand scripting at all?!
11 years ago
Call of Duty World at War does have some "ray" fx.

Your special light, "sun ray" is there aswell ;)

Simply open the fx editor and use the search in the fx folder for "sun_ray"

But most of them don't result into these typical visible strokes (I just saw one or two of them) so you defenitely have to tweak them until you achive what you want ;)

So in general, yes these fx are possible.

( some fast editing ;) )
11 years ago
I'll be waiting in anticipation for the PC version.
+1

And wait for some test results, a poor ported version like GTA IV and I get the moral version of it.
11 years ago
Well, if you get used to Unity and have some talented ppl with you, Unity is defenitely more open than cod + radiant.

Obviously it's not that easy as Radiant, but it's complexity will guarantee you much more freedom as a mapper.

But it's important to work in a team depending on what you plan.

Btw, Unity can be used to create large enviroments. Larger than all cod maps together ;)

- Work with the free version (with ships with a 30days trial of the pro) and get used to it and make sure you really like it. Then you can go pro and do much more amaizing stuff ;)
11 years ago
Unity is the perfect engine to get started, easy to use but can also do amazing advanced stuff.
On top of this, the license is (with v4 even more) suitable for beginner / indie dev.
11 years ago
Loading ...