or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - daedra descent

I have a 750 Ti which is 2GB (iirc, you have that too)

GTX 960 4GB now. The regret is real.

I can max out BO3 1080p but it only plays at 30-ish fps. Medium-high is usually a solid 60-70. So a 4GB card would be fine for him, as long as he doesn't want to push everything to Ultra settings.

Being able to play games on high/ultra graphics settings is kind of the point in PC gaming. If all you really care about it playable framerates you might as well buy the PS4 version. Atleast then you won't have to deal with crappy ports, lol.
8 years ago
Don't buy anything until AMD releases their RX 480 or Nvidia's GTX 1060. The new generation of GPUs are going to destroy everything currently available in terms of both price and performance.

I *really* wouldn't recommend getting a GPU with 4GB of VRAM at this point. Older games will be fine, but newer ones could use more than 4GB as developers push higher textures, shaders, etc. Last time I checked, Black Ops 3 doesn't even let you max all of its settings out unless you have more than 4GB.
8 years ago
While testing this I noticed that I cannot apply/change my texture settings without freezing waw, but only in ORBiT. I'm just at the main menu, and I it still crashes. I think the issues could be related, so if I can fix this, perhaps others won't have the other issues anymore.

What is happening when you hit apply that could be freezing waw, but only on ORBiT?

Menu settings crashing is not an issue with just Orbit. Seems to be something related to DVAR or profile data being set wrongly as deleting or resetting profile stuff fixes it. No clue as to why this is.

In-game is a different story. Not an expert on graphics or rendering but if I had to guess its because the game failed to reload assets back into memory.
8 years ago
Well I'm stumped on this one. If your ISP/DNS isn't manipulating your packets in some way and your browsers are stock and you've tried on fresh installations then it likely isn't a local issue for you, although I am not aware of anyone else on the site experiencing this issue yet.

What about on other SMF-run forums like ZM or similar? Do you get the same behavior with images and formatting?

Unfortunately, I don't use any other SMF-run forums to test.

Maybe worth mentioning: the reply box with javascript disabled is black like normal:

However various parts of the site start going nuts by not displaying content or displaying HTML and CSS:

8 years ago
Do the browsers have any plugins? Were these two computers you tested on behind the same WAN/External Network/DNS?

Adblock and Scriptblock. Scriptblock isn't blocking anything on UGX(I disabled it to make sure). No, the other one was different. Probably google or ISP, which I know it doesn't have the same ISP and I don't use Google's.
8 years ago
Can you list what browsers you do experience this issue with? When did it start?

Chrome and Firefox based browsers. After I released the script cheat/UGX Mod Patch, which is why I assumed it was you doing it.

I guess not. My apologizes.
8 years ago

will fix, and what is with your feelings towards his guns their nice ports and easy to add I see no problem

Kap40:

Spoiler: click to open...

Tac-45:

Only two examples but there are many more like this(not just reload timings either).
8 years ago
I can't even reproduce whatever you're trying to show, you'll have to be more specific then just saying you're referring to the reply box.

(Image removed from quote.)

Shows images and screws up post formatting. Doesn't happen on IE, Edge, or android version of chrome. Tested using Windows and Linux installs as well as a completely new computer using a new IP and router.

Using the code or spoiler buttons inserts the tags backwards:

HTML and CSS:

8 years ago
Wouldn't you want it more steep? Just saying...

Yeah, misread as he wanted players to walk back up.

You can either make it more steep or use a one-way clip so they can come in from the one direction only.
8 years ago
It works good for now, but is there anyway I can't make the person able to go back up? Would I make it steeper? It works good for now, but I would enjoy a better version. Thanks!

Less steep, probably.
8 years ago
Maybe try giving your texture the "slick" property in assman? Just a hunch, haven't actually tried it.
8 years ago
Sorry
Next up, an interview with the creator of Goliath Script Placer, daedra descent. You won't believe what he has to say about modern scripting techniques!

lmao

Switching on a vector:

World at War doesn't even support it...

Using multiple isDefined() statements in case an object will magically become defined in the frame or less it takes for that code to actually run:

It won't...

Using multiple functions(func1, func2, etc) to keep track of multiple teddy bear models for an EE:

Use an array and thread a single function, dammit! They all basically do the same thing.

Declaring a variable as undefined and never declared it as something else only to do something with it as if it was defined:

Ever tried eating an apple that doesn't exist? Me neither.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
topic notify("interview_complete");
8 years ago
What did you do last before it started happening?

Looks like developer messages being printed to the screen instead of just the console to me. Don't think I've ever seen developer give a performance warning like that though...
8 years ago

Edit: Just realised you said you're scanning the entire root directory. May I ask why you would release something as inefficient as this? And why do you not just scan map_source, maps etc.? Or even better, read the contents of relevant csv files?

I figured scanning the entire root directory would be the most compatible with various types of mod_template(s) placing different files in different places. A targeted scan would just go right past some files and never add them to the array list, which is why I want to provide an option to choose the scan type.

Scanning via .csv would just add another layer of complexity that I don't see the point in. Really with that way you'd just be opening a dozen or more .csv that may or may not include references to a map's files(children .csvs can have references to their parent map .csv) and *still* be scanning directories anyway as i'm pretty sure JavaXT's getFiles() method still checks each file's name to find the files.
8 years ago
The issue seems to be resolved now.
If this happens again, let us know.

Somehow the cache urls for the old theme were broken.

Great. Can you guys fix this now(referring to the reply box...):

8 years ago
Loading ...