or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - BuIlDaLiBlE

I need a little help understanding how temporary weapons work. For example, when you pack-a-punch the "knuckles weapon" is given to the player and it plays its animation then this "weapon" is taken from the player. But I don't understand how does it work exactly. Like you don't see the ammo counter on it (not always though) and you can't switch this weapon to another one nor sprint with this "weapon" (I guess that's a weapon file setting). Also, are all guns before pack-a-punching being saved and taken from you and then they are given back? Someone who knows this stuff good pls explain it.
Another thing bothering me is why Syrette in WaW can't be switched to another weapon and why when you switch it disappears (you can't switch to it again)? In BO1\BO2 you can switch it during reviving and shoot at zombies which is pretty badass to do.
8 years ago
Setup is i5, 8gb ram (for now), GTX 1060, 1tb HDD, 240gb SSD, Win 10. I also have a new 24inch monitor.
Noice. I have a shitty CPU AMD Athlon II X2 255, also 8GB RAM (max for current motherboard), shitty AMD Radeon HD 5670, 2TB HDD (actually 1.81TB) and the other 320GB HDD (actually 298GB) and Windows 10. And I have BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch monitor - it's really great.
What's your motherboard?
8 years ago
No I've seen it, there isn't. It straight up gives you the whole script.
Then you must go step-by-step through file comparing it to default (non-UGX one) and adding the necessary functions into your file.
8 years ago
Oh geez i started a whole argumemt now....all wanted was for you to put in a winnable or an eatser egg for the buyable ending...sorry steve but if you can put that in this then that would be amazing  ;D
I said he's... aaah now I see what are you doing there :troll:
8 years ago
That's personal preference really. I like to call all my scripts in zombiemode, that way you dont have to seperately precache everything.
I've been into scripting recently and in a lot of things that I bumped into was this precaching. What does it do and what if you don't precache? I suppose caching is for loading things into memory so it can be accessed without "lag spikes" or whatever.
8 years ago
but, this map doesn't have an easter egg to complete, it's a purely survival map :poker:
So what? I wasn't even talking about this map. I'm talking about maps in general.
Also thx for telling that, I was guessing this map didn't have anything to explore anymore.
8 years ago
Buyable endings destroy replayability, and they are also a lazy substitute for a proper Easter Egg.
Well yes, but I'd like for the game to end when EE is complete (if player so chooses), like in Origins.
8 years ago
This is a great map steve just really wish you can put in a buyable ending....can you?
He's against these things.
8 years ago
Forgot to post this when I was playing year ago:
Spoiler: click to open...

:lol:
8 years ago
Does anyone know why whenever I start up this map the whole game crashes? I have T4M and have been searching around for a solution but haven't found one. Please help.
Disable automatic textures and set all three parameters to one value (like High or Extra, depending on your PC). Also, disable Specular Maps before starting the map (you can reenable them again later).
8 years ago
Guess you were using the geyser?
How did you know? :O (sarcasm)
Also, can I ask what script you used in this map that dismisses anything throwable that is considered "tactical" (like monkeys). What do I mean is when you throw them out of playable area "laugh_child" plays and they just disappear (I really like this shit, want to implement in my map as well).
8 years ago
ELI5 what is this even?
8 years ago
What function plays character quotes?
8 years ago
Good to hear. Remember to mark post as solved :P
Yea, yea I know. Just would like for it to be perfect so I wrote a few things to correct :P
8 years ago
Loading ...