or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Blink-420

I'm not sure if it's the same when you're making a map, but here's the code you want to modify the score for a game mod. This code is directly from my mod, so I know it works. Make sure you add
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using scripts\shared\ai\zombie_utility;
to the top of your mod.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
	zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_normal", 20 );  // points gained for a hit with a non-automatic weapon
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_damage_light", 20 );  // points gained for a hit with an automatic weapon
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_melee", 120 );  // Bonus points for a melee kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_head", 100 );  // Bonus points for a head shot kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_neck", 80 );  // Bonus points for a neck shot kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_torso", 50 );  // Bonus points for a torso shot kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_bonus_burn", 50 );  // Bonus points for a burn kill
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_4player", 150 );  //Base points for a kill with 4 players
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_3player", 150 );  //Base points for a kill with 3 players
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_2player", 175 );  //Base points for a kill with 2 players
zombie_utility::set_zombie_var( "zombie_score_kill_1player", 175 );  //Base points for a kill with 1 player

Just modify the numbers in purple to change the points obtained from that action.
I also recommend that you put this into a function that is called by _clientids.gsc under
Code Snippet
Plaintext
function on_player_connect()
Again, don't forget to include your mod name in the top of _clientids.gsc. You'll also need to add _clientids.gsc to your zone file, so it should look like this
Code Snippet
Plaintext
scriptparsetree,scripts/zm/gametypes/_clientids.gsc

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Double Post Merge: November 09, 2016, 01:37:08 am
Sorry for the double post, I can't seem to edit my last post, but I forgot to add that you also need
Code Snippet
Plaintext
#using scripts\zm\_zm;
in the top of your mod for the score change to work.

I did for my custom perk, It works but after I kill one zombie it stops giving more points per kill. Is there a way to loop the script so it doesnt stop after one kill?
7 years ago
copy the gsc, gsh, and csc. And you would have to rename a bunch of variables. Then put #using in your mapname GSC and CSC. Also add them too your zone file. Its gonna take a bit of scripting knowledge to figure out and i'd prefer people to try to learn it themselves. It makes it much easier to understand treyarchs coding down the line

Yeah I figured thats how it would have to be done but wasn't sure.. thanks :)

Double Post Merge: December 03, 2016, 04:18:28 am
Also, one thing I just noticed is that you can buy the perk over and over taking up another perk slot, and the shader will repeat itself. But once you buy the perk once the hintstring won't pop up again on the machine.
7 years ago
Awesome, very very much appreciated. Working great and very easy to follow tutorial! I have a question, might be stupid.. how do you create more than 1 of these custom perks? :)
7 years ago
you have a character or string incorrectly placed, make sure you have done/copied your script right.
7 years ago
Looks beautiful.. need to download this later
7 years ago
Try right clicking it and selecting it that way.

Or drag a brush around it, right click, select, select inside/touching.

thank you lots
7 years ago
(Image removed from quote.)
It is like this.. :-\

You can private message me if you really really wanna change it, but once you publish it on workshop that isnt the name that will show up itll be the name that you put as the workshop title. That name will only pop up when the map is loading, so its not a huge deal! :)
7 years ago
yes

Just change the steam workshop title. IF you want to change the mapfile name  (example zm_test) thats not as simple I wouldnt recommend doing that
7 years ago
Same problem :|

Did you get it fixed? My problem was I had scripts in my mapname.gsc that I had taken out of my map but didnt delete from my .gsc. Example, I had a teleporting script that I deleted the trigger and origin on my map but left the script in my mapname.gsc. All I had to do was make sure all my scripts that I was using were in my .gsc and all the ones I wasnt using weren't still in it!
7 years ago
he did help getting me started but i made the start  :'(

Yeah I saw and replied to modme but you have a different username so I thought someone was taking credit..lol good job :)
7 years ago
Didnt natesmithzombies make this script????

Double Post Merge: November 24, 2016, 05:04:55 pm
Didnt natesmithzombies make this script????

Nevermind I didnt read the whole post lol... my bad
7 years ago
Can't get my map to run anymore. Yes I've tried backups, creating a new map and transferring scripts and map itself.. When I launch it through both the mod tools and black ops 3 it gives me an infinite black loading screen, left it on even over night no crashing, no errors when compiling. Nothing. I've done a lot of work on this map and even testing multiple updates on it with friends on the workshop before Im going to release it, so it has been working great up until now. I've deleted any recent new scripts I've added and that hasnt helped either. I've had this problem one before but a backup solved it, nothing will solve it this time, help!  :'(
7 years ago
Works great solo thank you. But for multiplayer when anyone picks it up, it takes all their weapons and all their points with the samantha laugh. How do I fix this? :(
7 years ago
This is what i used
Code Snippet
Plaintext
pap_zom_interest_point = GetEnt("pap_zom_interest", "targetname");
num_attractors = 96;
max_attract_dist = 640;
pap_zom_interest_point zm_utility::create_zombie_point_of_interest( max_attract_dist, num_attractors, 10000 );
pap_zom_interest_point.attract_to_origin = true;
wait(38); // MOVEMENT DURATION + WAIT TIME WHILE ASCENDED
pap_zom_interest_point.attract_to_origin = false;

Thank you for this. But I'm still a bit nooby at scripting haha.. Question one, where would I put this code at? Doesn't seem like it is its own function. And Two how would I go about making this active when I'm inside of a specific zone/trigger? Thanks!
7 years ago
I have a spot on my map where zombies wont be able to get me, I've been using weapon clips to "balance" it out, its part of an easter egg. If I could somehow get all the zombies, while im in that area, to run to an interest point out of my sight, that would be amazing. Any help would be appreciated!
7 years ago
Loading ...