or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - All0utWar

The one they gave us in the Tutorial map is broken. You need to use the ones from this tutorial https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/BO3+%7C+Adding+Pandora%27s+Box+locations

Yeah the box they give you doesn't come with any entities that tells it it's a mystery box lol. It just comes with the base and a clip.
8 years ago
Hi, since im new to mapping and there are currently no tutorials on how to add zones in bo3. I tried to follow the tutorials on zoning in cod5 but things seem to have changed. Anyway when i try to add "add_adjacent_zone("spawn", "spawnnorth", "enter_spawn" );" to my map.gsc file all it does is crash my game. Any help is appreciated.

It's almost exactly the same process except for the scripting part. Set up your zones how you want them in Radiant like you would WaW. But when adding adjacent zones do this:
Go to "root/usermaps/MAPNAME/scripts/zm/MAPNAME.gsc" and comment out the first two lines, and then add the "zm_zonemgr" line for every zone you wish to add.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
function usermap_test_zone_init()
{
//level flag::init( "always_on" );
//level flag::set( "always_on" );

zm_zonemgr::add_adjacent_zone("start_zone", "zone1", "enter_zone1" );

}
8 years ago
i have pathnodes inserted where i want my zombies to walk, but they still stand in place. do i need to target zombies or am i missing something else?

BO3 doesn't need pathnodes. It uses a navmesh to autogenerate paths AI can take. Make sure you're using a navmesh volume.
8 years ago
I'd recommend getting into the habit of clipping all models with the clip tool textures. (clip, player_clip, and monster_clip) This helps you have more precision over what you want to be collidable, and it's great because most models it seems like don't have any sort of collision mesh this time around.
8 years ago
Loading ...