or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - AlecKeaneDUB

Did you launch the mod?
9 years ago
Sounds like you broke something in one of the scripts. First of all, what do you mean when you said you "tried to put zombie moon"? Do you mean you were trying to change the name of the map or something? Anyway, try creating a new blank map with script placer and then copy your map in radiant to that new blank map. Dont edit any scripts unless necessary for something in your map, and then give it a try.
9 years ago
If you don't have a second box location sniperbolts mystery box will do that. If you just want one mystery box then just use the one from Nacht Der Untoten.

As for the UGX mystery box i had no clue since i use Sniperbolts tutorial scripts and not UGX.
oh duhh! Not sure why that didnt cross my mind, but thanks a ton daedra! +1
9 years ago
So my first map is kind of an objective-based map, and for one of the challenges, I want the players to have to collect zombie souls to move on to the next area of the map. Now I dont exactly want a soul chest-type deal here, but very close to it. Basically i just want to use blunts script but on a different model instead of a soul chest. I have a table in the center of the room and it serves as kind of a "collect souls for satan" type thing. And I want the souls to go into the table. I know this is probably very simple to do but I'm a new, learning scripter and would love some help here.

Thanks! :D
9 years ago
just start your map from the console. "map nazi_zombie_NameOfYourMap"   without the quotes though, obviously.
9 years ago
Right click in 2dview>misc>prefab>zombiemode>(scroll down pretty far) weapon_upgraded_NAMEOFWEAPON

Make SURE you use weapon_upgraded_nameofweapon and NOT just weapon_nameofweapon. Hope i could help  :)
9 years ago
I was originally using Sniperbolt's mystery box and it worked perfectly, but I didnt like how it had the boxes inside of it as if were a place the box could spawn but hasnt yet. So I decided to use the ugx one because I thought it looked a lot nicer but instead of showing a normal mystery box hint string, it shows this "UNDEFINED!! PLEASE SET THE SCRIPT_HINT ON THE ENT PROPERLY!" I am still able to get a weapon from it bit it doesnt subtract any points. Any help?  :D
9 years ago
Ya you dont need that kvp. The flag_set in the script is replacing the script_flag in radiant, so it is automatically activating that zone just like it would if you bought the door normally
One more question. Would it be difficult to give each player a random perk after they deposit all points? Kind of like a reward for completing a challenge
9 years ago
The key right above tab on most keyboards - right below Esc in the top right.

Do yourself a favor, take care of that developer error and properly test your map before you release it. Just some friendly advice.
Thanks for the advice. I fixed all errors and have tested the map which works perfectly now  :)  still has a ton of work to be done before release though. I plan on making my first released map something good that people will actually enjoy playing, not some half-ass done-in-an-hour map lol. Thanks again
9 years ago
I believe I know what you mean, and I think I know a good way to accomplish this. Give me a few minutes while I write it up and test it

in your mapname.gsc under maps\_zombiemode::main(); put
Code Snippet
Plaintext
thread bank_door();

at the bottom of the file put

Code Snippet
Plaintext
bank_door()
{
level.deposited_points = 0; //this will go up as the players deposit the points
level.amount_required = 5000; //this will be how much the players need to get, you can change this to your liking
level.deposit = 1000; //this is how much the players deposit at a time
bank_door = getent("bank_door","targetname"); //door in radiant
bank_door_trig = getent("bank_door_trig","targetname"); //trigger in radiant
bank_door_trig SetCursorHint("HINT_NOICON"); //Getting rid of hand symbol
bank_door_trig SetHintString("Press &&1 to deposit "+level.deposit+ " points"); //hint string that the players will see, feel free to change it
while(1) //while loop so players can activate it more than once
{
wait 0.1;
bank_door_trig waittill("trigger",player);
if(player.score >= level.deposit)
{
player maps\_zombiemode_score::minus_to_player_score( level.deposit );
level.deposited_points = level.deposited_points + level.deposit;
iprintlnbold("You have deposited " +level.deposited_points+ " out of " +level.amount_required);
if(level.deposited_points >= level.amount_required)
{
bank_door_trig delete();
bank_door connectpaths();
bank_door delete();
flag_set("enter_zone1"); //change this to whatever your zone is called
}
}
}
}

at the top you will see
level.deposited_points = 0; do not modify this, since they will have deposited 0 points at the start of the map anyway
level.amount_required = 5000; this will be how much they need to have the door open, so change that to whatever you want
level.deposit = 1000; //this is how much the players deposit at a time, in this case everytime they press F they will deposit 1000 till they hit the amount_required which in this case is 5000.
bank_door = getent, is the KVP in radiant. The first "" is the value in this case bank_door, the second "" is the key, most of the time its targetname. change the first value to whatever you want to be on the door. Make sure its a script_brushmodel in radiant
same thing with the trig, make a trigger_use in radiant with the kvp then change it in that line. Make sure to keep the parenthesis.
the rest should be relatively the same. if you change one of the values at the top, the script will automatically change it when its suppose to
at the bottom you will see
Code Snippet
Plaintext
flag_set("enter_zone1");
you change that to the name of your zone that you set up like a normal zone. This will allow the zombies to spawn once the zone is activated.
That should cover it, any questions feel free to ask
Thank you so so much! :D it all works perfectly other than one error I got about an assert error with my zone, but I think that's because I added the kvp script flag: zone_2 on my trigger. I guess that kvp isnt need or something but thanks so much for your help! :D +1
9 years ago
Usually if you get an error saying that something is not something else its because your already running the map with developer set.

Check the console to see what the error is actually referencing and post it here(if it gives anything).
I got it fixed but am still unsure about what caused that. But thank you both anyway and umm...what is the command to open the console? I completely forgot lol
9 years ago
Had the same problem. Go into dlc3_code.gsc and remove the modder help (or whatever it's called) function
9 years ago
So I had a hard time making a subject that fit what I need but anyway...

What I have is a trigger with a very high price that will open a secret door which allows players to move on to the next area of the map. Now, for a while now, I've had this idea in my head of a bank-type thing that allows players to deposit their points to reach a set amount.
For example:

There is a door that costs 50,000 to open. All players can go up to the trigger and deposit their points, and each time a player does this it will add up the total points that have been deposited to go towards the 50,000 and will open the door.

I'm not sure if any of that made sense, as this is kinda hard to explain. Hopefully someone understand and can help me out since I hardly know anything about scripting and would not be able to do this on my own.
**CREDITS WILL BE GIVEN WHEN I RELEASE THE MAP**
Thanks for taking the time to read and any help will be very much appreciated.  :D
9 years ago
I want to use the dvar "cg_ScoresColor_Zombie" to change the background color of the points bar and a couple other dvars but I have no idea where I would put them. In a cfg file? In _zombiemode.gsc? Help please
9 years ago
I'd love to help but I'm not entirely sure myself...I only know by memory how to get as far as you have lol. But there's quite a few youtube tutorials that I've seen that explain it, I think there also may be a tutorial on the UGX wiki but I'm not 100% on that one. ZK has a tutorial on doing it so you may wanna check that out
9 years ago
Loading ...