or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - AlecKeaneDUB

When i launch my map I get a script runtime error, "undefined is not a field object". Anyone know what this is and how to fix it? Any help is much appreciated
9 years ago
First of all, in my map I have a small closet which has the power switch in it. The door is slightly opened enough to where you can see inside of it and I want the door to swing open when you buy it as if it were on hinges and you pulled it open all the way. Now since I'm pretty new to mapping, i'm not quite sure how to do this. I originally thought script_vector would work but it turns out that you cant rotate a door by using that. So if someone could let me know what I need to do and use for that to work it would be much appreciated.

Secondly, powers ups arent spawning at all in my map. I have the volume stretching over the whole map but I dont think thats even what causes them to spawn. I dont remember what it is so if someone could help that would be great.

Thanks for your time  :)
9 years ago
So I try to play my map and I get this error:

Server script compile error:
bad syntax
"turn_jugger_on()"

Here's my turn_jugger_on() script:

turn_jugger_on()
{
   machine = getentarray("vending_jugg", "targetname");
   //temp until I can get the wire to jugger.
   level waittill("juggernog_on");

for( i = 0; i < machine.size; i++ )
   {
      machine setmodel("zombie_vending_jugg_on");
      machine vibrate((0,-100,0), 0.3, 0.4, 3);
      machine playsound("perks_power_on");
      machine thread perk_fx( "jugger_light" );

}
   level notify( "specialty_armorvest_power_on" );

}

I haven't changed anything in the above code at all. The only things that I've done are add in Bam's black ops perks and add in 5 hit juggernog.

What could be the problem? Please help out a newbie
9 years ago
I finished my map for the most part and I want to test it. When I first tried, I got a script compile error, which I fixed. But now I dont get any errors...my PC just says that world at war has stopped working. I have no idea what the problem could be...any ideas?
9 years ago
I've been following bamskater33's updated tutorial on adding the black ops perks to my map and when I get to the part where I need to replace the entire player_damage_override() function inside _zombiemode.gsc, i get stuck. I've search for the function and it isn't there at all (and yes I used CTRL+F to search for it). Is there something wrong or something I need to do? Or can I just add in the function that I needed to replace it with in the GSC file? If so, where do I put it? Any help is much appreciated ;D

Here's the topic if you want to look at what I'm talking about:
http://www.zombiemodding.com/index.php?topic=15941.0
9 years ago
I have a few questions that I know are some of the simplest things there is to mapping, but sorry I literally just got all of the mod tools last nigjt and just started.

1. How do I open the window to enter KVPs?

2. Is there a way I can cut a window for zombies to enter through out of a wall without making a bunch of seperate brushes and putting them together to make the window?

3. Where would I find a model for a wall light? I couldn't find one in the models or prefabs.

4. How would I go about making debris and doors?

5. When I want to test out my map, what all do I need to check and enable in Launcher for the map to load properly?

Thanks and hopefully my lack of common knowledge about this stuff doesn't irritate you all to much :D
9 years ago
Loading ...