Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
ERAWEX's Groups
ERAWEX's Contact & Social Links
Hi there,

I have made a solo loading screen for my map and it works perfectly. Now the problem is, if I make a installer and send it to a friend, they don't have the loading screen when they play solo.

I thinks it's because the loading screen file is located in ROOT/main/videos with all the other .bik files which means it's not included in the mod.

My question is then, is it possible to add the .bik file to the mod so other people who play the map in solo will have the loading screen instead of the standard activision one?

Thank you for your time.

ERAWEX
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
Hi there,

I have made a solo loading screen for my map and it works perfectly. Now the problem is, if I make a installer and send it to a friend, they don't have the loading screen when they play solo.

I thinks it's because the loading screen file is located in ROOT/main/videos with all the other .bik files which means it's not included in the mod.

My question is then, is it possible to add the .bik file to the mod so other people who play the map in solo will have the loading screen instead of the standard activision one?

Thank you for your time.

ERAWEX
I don't know if you readed the ugx installer optional options but if you add the bik video at the root of your mod it would be automaticly installed into your friends main video folder.
Date Registered: 28 March 2017
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
ERAWEX's Groups
I don't know if you readed the ugx installer optional options but if you add the bik video at the root of your mod it would be automaticly installed into your friends main video folder.
I see, thank you for your advice!
Date Registered: 28 March 2017
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
ERAWEX's Groups
I was finaly able to try this (sorry that too this long) but it sadly did not work, my friend still only sees the activision loading screen.

So what I did was place the mapname_load.bik into the root/mods/mapname folder and created a new installer with UGX Installer 1.1 and nothing really happen on my friends end. Is there something they need to do manually? or am I just setting this up wrong?

Double Post Merge: May 27, 2020, 03:37:01 pm
I have now also tried to include the .bik file in "appdata/local/activision/codwaw/mods/mapname" and that also didn't work. Would there be any other way?
Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:37:01 pm by ERAWEX
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 1 day ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971

C:Users\NAME\AppData\Local\Activision\CoDWaW\mods\MAPNAME

What I did to make it work was adding it in the compiled folder and then load it onto the installer.
Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 12:11:41 pm by gympie6

Loading ...