Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
keeganj1992's Groups
keeganj1992's Contact & Social Linkskeeganmjohnson92f150e420
Hello everyone. Im totally new to mapping, and am having a problem. So ive watched some tutorials, and have become somewhat capable of using the tools. I have laid out a base for my map, and then ive put in a few objects. I want to test play it to see how the scaling is before i proceed further. The issues i have, are that when i fire up the map after compiling it, i get a bunch of gibberish alien looking text in my menus. I had at first added the ugx mod to the map. i read that that could be the issue, so i deleted it and started over, this time not checking the box for add ugx mod in the Script Placer. But i still have the same issue. Also, once i get in, im just frozen in place and round 1 never starts. I want to get these issues fixed before proceeding. I get an error while compiling the map, that says "could not open zone source/english/assetlist/common_ignore. I was worried i botched a file somehow in the root when installing the tools, but if i just fire up waw normally it works without issue. I appreciate any help you can give me. i did try to search, but couldnt seem to find much, maybe my google-fu is just weak, so i apologize if you get this one a lot!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 May 2020
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
keeganj1992's Groups
keeganj1992's Contact & Social Linkskeeganmjohnson92f150e420
So, i got that problem fixed, and kept mapping. now i have a metric fuckton of lightmap errors. i can only think they are due to the terrain patches i added as a roof to the main schoolhouse, and the hill that extends along the whole side of the map... ive tried setting to natural no luck. do i need to break them into separate patches?
Date Registered: 19 June 2018
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
cpt_johnson1's Contact & Social Links
So, i got that problem fixed, and kept mapping. now i have a metric fuckton of lightmap errors. i can only think they are due to the terrain patches i added as a roof to the main schoolhouse, and the hill that extends along the whole side of the map... ive tried setting to natural no luck. do i need to break them into separate patches?
There is an easy way to fix those errors, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdI1MASnjZI this video should cover it

Loading ...