Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Just a random Dutch guy passing by.
woesjj's Groups
woesjj's Contact & Social LinkszartoxiaNLdevinehq
Please be aware that this map will no longer work due corrupted prefabs by a kiddo that doenst know how porting guns work.
I have spended 5 full days for adding these guns. Some script changes needed to be made but that caused an bad syntax error and a whole list of errors in the console. So i'm a bit screwed by a kid.

So now i have learned from this mistake, i will need to startover again. A new map? hellyea!. When? i dont know.

As i wanted to wait for this release, i just could not sit still and teasing a bit with my first upcoming zombies map.
 Please be informed that my maps will always contain mistakes, bugs or any other wrong made area's. ( you wont see it,
 but this map has for example a whole wine cellar that i wanted to make but failed a bit of experience in mapping. )

LumberHQ

Content of the map

Small tight corners and hallways.
No dog rounds ( no bosses as well, reason explained at introduction )
Forest area as this map is called lumberhq ofc.
PaP EE ( EE done, testing and updating area )
Harrybo21 perks mod

upcoming content of the map
Buyable end ( EE  PaP done needed for the next steps )
Fake buyable's ( they wont kill you, but it would be a bit harder to play the map as it opens extra zombie spawn area's  :rainbow: )

Introduction

Welcome to lumberHQ, my first map that i am going to release next month on ugx. As the most of people are done with ''one zone maps'' and needed something more power then having everything in hand reach. As everyone tries to do his best for creating the most wonderfull mods such as das herrenhaus for example, i would never reach something highly skilled to create something like that. Even if i could, with autism in the way my concentration is 100% zero when i make mistakes.

As for myself, modding is hard and i fully understand the struggles that everyone has when there work gets stolen or not credited. Now the Bo3 mods rising out of XXXXing nowhere, with mods that are every single time outdated or waw remade maps that are remastered by people that doenst be the owner of the waw version. Hexagon is one of them for example.
This is what i started to think why not making one for myself, from the ground up with just youtube as my best bud.

What a shame, my PC doenst like sun baking and crashes when i want to convert everything. That's why i recreated the mod for WaW users and i hope you would love it. As most users included zombie dog rounds or brutes or any other wicked/sick/mental boss that loves to hug you with his teeth/chainshaw/grappling hooks and everything in between. I wanted to keep it simple, with just the basic stuff from the mod tools. ( EE is selfmade, but not the perks or the buy-able end as harrybo21 will be credited and the person that shared his buyable end script )

Spoiler: click to open...

UPDATED! V1.02 Read below

Updates in V1.02
  • Easter egg to PaP buyable locations moved to new area spot. hard to find locations as only one clue as been shown.
  • Underground trainstation added (With an EE included that gives an hint for next map release  :lol:
  • Added 4 more zones ( one of them is the trainstation )
  • Moved some textures.. ( damn, i hate blend :/ )

Please note: My areo sidecooler ( with led  :rainbow: ) of my desktop computer died due extreme heats in the Netherlands. This means i have some delay in my work at the moment. 
Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 07:08:03 am by woesjj
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 3 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Signature
Huruman's Groups
Huruman's Contact & Social Links
The first step in solving mistakes and problems is to recognize them, and that is clear to you.  ;)

My two cents: Do not be in a hurry to finish the map. Try to get everything you've proposed. In this site you have many tutorials and help to learn and thus to be able to solve those faults that you comment.

Date Registered: 25 May 2015
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Just a random Dutch guy passing by.
woesjj's Groups
woesjj's Contact & Social LinkszartoxiaNLdevinehq
The first step in solving mistakes and problems is to recognize them, and that is clear to you.  ;)

My two cents: Do not be in a hurry to finish the map. Try to get everything you've proposed. In this site you have many tutorials and help to learn and thus to be able to solve those faults that you comment.

Yes, that's correct. If i make something, i make sure it works. Last week, i almost finished with the underground trainstation that totally doenst look like a trainstation at all yet :P Need to add a lot of models into it, but looking for the right models is an hell of an job in that whole list of xmodels. ( if there was a way to get is faster, i would die of happyness to get my hands on it )

I only still need to make the buyable ending, but that script is somewhere here on the forums, so that will be easy to find.

i have also an question for you, for example...

zone1 > zone2 > zone3> zone 4> if user go's from zone4 trough an ''bridge'' to zone 2, do i also need to add this as an ''enter_zone2'' in the zoning section?
Date Registered: 3 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Huruman's Groups
Huruman's Contact & Social Links
zone1 > zone2 > zone3> zone 4> if user go's from zone4 trough an ''bridge'' to zone 2, do i also need to add this as an ''enter_zone2'' in the zoning section?

It depens. If players are going to open zone 2 first, it is not necessary. Or at least I think so

Check out these threads. They were very helpful to me:

https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Ultimate+Guide+to+Zones+in+v1.4+Maps

http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=9875.0

Loading ...