Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
Personal Quote
ok
Signature
Aye mate you don't know me so y don't you shut tf up ok buddy :)

Scobalula's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Scobalula's Contact & Social Links

Decapitator 2 is a map by MaTTDu53, featuring custom weapons, perks and more.

I really don't know what the map maker was going at with this one, is it a troll map? Was it made to be a funny, piss take of a map? I don't know, but with this mind, I am reviewing this map as a serious map.

Pros:

Contrary to what you might think from looking at this map, it actually features quite a bit to praise it on.

I will start with the custom weapons, as stated on the thread it features 4 weapons from other games, such as FC3, Bioshock, etc. I was able to get my hands on the Triple R Machine Gun from Bioshock Infinite, it's really nice to have some extra guns in the map so +1.

The high amount of custom perks makes life a bit easier on Decapitator, 10 perks are to be found including some like Vulture aid, Mule Kick, Electric Cherry (< No FX for this for some reason though) and others.

UGX Jukebox was by far my favorite addition. Yes, with all the other stuff this is my favorite. There's nothing like being able to put on some tunes while playing, nice to see it added, don't know why other people don't add it since it's on the Wiki and easy to implement.

In the view area department, custom view-hands and HUD are to be found, I don't know if it's just me, but I dispise the default view-hands, so it's nice to see custom view-hands (which I believe are from CoD 4) in the map, the custom HUD is also a nice addition, and like Jukebox, more people should add these due to their availability.

Cons:

Let's start with the textures; they became repetitive, very repetitive, very fast. No detail + bad textures = not fun map.

That is also another point: There's virtually no detail in the map. Maybe a few xmodels and boulders here and there but that's it, nothing to add that immersive feeling to the game like broken stuff, etc.

The runners and high amounts of zombies = no no, it's a bad way to make an easy map hard, if your map is too easy, add obstacles, increase door prices, etc. but don't make zombies runners from round 1. You are supposed to advance in zombies along with zombies getting harder gradually with rounds, not have 20-30 zombies on you at round 1-2 along with -500 points.

That last door price is a major bad point, 15k? I know points are easy to get, but it's hard to build to that even with that in mind, 15k should be to a last stand area, not to open a door to Jug and the Power and the Box.

To sum it up: The custom content i.e. weapons, perks, HUD were all let down by the map's design and layout. I feel it could have been done better.

Detail: 3/10
Custom Content: 8/10
Fun Scale: 5/10
Replayability: 2/10

Overall: 18/40

Download link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php?topic=7184.msg77825#msg77825

Loading ...