Date Registered: 12 July 2020
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
LockedByEA's Groups
LockedByEA's Contact & Social Links
This is a guide for how to play the custom maps you find on this website.

1) You need Call of Duty: World at War. If you don't have it, you need to buy it. We do not support pirated copies and people often run into problems with them.

You can buy the steam version here: BUY CALL OF DUTY WORLD AT WAR FROM STEAM
You can also buy the DVD disc version from eBay or Amazon if you like, either will work.

If you don't buy the Steam version, you will need to install all game patches up to 1.7. It is recommended to just buy the Steam version. YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THE DVD PATCHES HERE

2) You need to download the UGX Map Manager. You can download it HERE and read how to use it HERE. Additional maps can be found throughout the releases section.

3) Now you can play the maps you installed in Step 2. To play the maps, either use the Launch menu in the UGX Map Manager or boot your game and click the Mods button from the main menu. Once in the menu you will see a list of maps that have been installed to your mods folder, highlight the mod you would like to play and hit "Launch".

Don't fret if after launching the mod it's seems to bring you back to the main menu. You can tell you have a mod launched by clicking "mods" and having an option called "Launch without mods", implying you already have one loaded.

4) If the map has a solo button feel free to click it to begin playing. If not then you are required to use a console command to launch the map. Open the console by pressing the tilde or "~" key, it is located below the Esc button. If no command bar appears at the top of the screen this means you do not have the console enabled, to enable it set "Options & Controls>Game Options>Enable Console" to yes.

Once you have the console bar open at the top of the game's window you can type this simple command below and press ENTER to begin playing:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
map *MAPNAME*
*MAPNAME* - The name of the map you are looking to play. Ex:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
map nazi_zombie_420
If you have completed the above steps correctly, then congratulations you are playing your first custom zombie map!
If you would like to learn more about what custom maps are currently in development by the community, click HERE. If you would like to learn more about maps that have already been released by the community, click HERE. If you would like to learn more about maps that have already been released by the UGX team, click HERE.
Thanks! I have the dvd but i couldn't play mods. I was 99% sure that i needed to update it but i didn't know how to.
broken avatar :(
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 31 March 2019
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Invisimous's Groups
Invisimous's Contact & Social Links
(I accidentally hit submit too soon on my first reply because when you press Enter to go down a line on mobile the keyboard disappears)

I've tried everything in my power to do it, but every time I try to load up a custom map, it just says

"[map] cannot be found"

"A mod is required for custom maps"

Even though I'm literally loaded *into* the damn mod.

Loading ...