UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[26/40] Lighthouse - Signaling death from miles away.

broken avatar :(
Created 11 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Lighthouse was made by DarkCoD5 and some of his other maps are Complex, System, UFSO and Ravage.
Intro: I have played this map quite a few times and it remains one of my favorites. For starters it's an amazingly good looking map that came out back in 2009. Considering that even now a lot of map makers use bland textures and colors for the walls and ceilings and the maps are very small and dark it is amazing that this map was ever made. There are so many places to camp, run circles and mow down the zombies, it's a campers paradise for sure.

Setting: The map starts out on a cliff overlooking the ocean and there is a cabin next to you with tons of weapons inside. All the scenery is gorgeous and looks like a place that you'd want to vacation at and never leave...except for the zombies that are trying to eat you. Everything above ground is amazing but there is still a whole lot underground that needs to be unlocked and explored. Once underground it turns into a sinister looking nazi compound that lead to something of a last stand area.

Negatives: It is pretty slow going for the first few rounds as the zombies have to come from very far away in order to get to you and they don't seem to be in any particular hurry. Best to grab the sniper rifle and just dispatch them quickly. Toward the underground last stand area the zombies get pretty glitchie and just start dying by themselves which really sucks and there is no real point to the map outside of survival. An easter egg or buyable ending would have been nice, but then again, no maps had those features back when this map was made.

Conclusion: It is a pretty easy map to survive on especially if you stay above ground, so the lack of challenge may turn some people off. Still a really fun and gorgeous map. I would give a king's ransom to have the UGX Mod on this map. Would I play it again? – Yes.

Level of Detail: 8/10
Custom Content: 1/10
Fun Scale: 9/10
Replayability: 8/10

Score: 26/40

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmgjqwiqyz
Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 03:17:49 pm by tomikaze
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
I remember having some damn good times on this map back in the day. Definitely innovative for it's time and I agree it would be amazing with UGX Mod. If only we could contact the original mapper and get the .map file...

Loading ...