UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Descent V 1.01 (Cutscenes Downloadable for In-Game Viewing)

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by Sounder1995
Date Registered: 24 October 2016
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Babilonia's Groups
Babilonia's Contact & Social Links
you have to solve everything ... the second player is buggy xD
Date Registered: 25 October 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Just a gamer and modding novice...
Signature
"All life's a Transformers movie; no one knows what's going on. " - Sounder 2015
Now i want to start this off by saying it's a great map, and it was enjoyable. My two issues is that the ending is a bit too easy to get, and the cutscene doesnt work. Another glitch i noticed (and i'm not sure if it's because of getting the ending) but re-pack a punching was free, and allowing me to change prefix for free (I got blast furnace on my spas 12 right when it ended). Other than that, it's a good map. 7.8/10.
Not sure about either one. Deleted my mod data and did a fresh reinstall of my mod using the .exe file. Cutscene works fine on my end. Since it didn't play for you for whatever reason, you can view it here:

Thanks for letting me know of the free PaP glitch. No idea why it occurs & never encountered it myself. Thanks for the feedback & compliments as well! :)

Double Post Merge: December 04, 2016, 11:12:17 am
HI MAKE MORE LIKE THIS BUT MORE FIX PLS  :please: :accepted: ;)

Fix what exactly?

Double Post Merge: December 04, 2016, 11:12:59 am
you have to solve everything ... the second player is buggy xD

Never tested it in co-op. What happens to the second player exactly?

Double Post Merge: December 04, 2016, 11:50:41 am
Bump. Added end cutscene link in main map original post at the top of this thread, since it seems some people can't access the end cutscene for whatever reason.

Double Post Merge: December 04, 2016, 11:15:34 pm
Bump again for temp(?) fix to cutscene issue. Does anyone know how to script an in-game cutscene like the ones for Nightclub (from F3ARxReaper) and Ragnarok?
Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 11:15:34 pm by Sounder1995
Date Registered: 30 May 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
We kill zombies and get in fights!
Signature
SaturnCaine's Groups
SaturnCaine's Contact & Social LinksSaturnCaineSaturnCaineSaturnCaine
Spoiler: click to open...
I just want to note that no, I have NOT tried the map at the time of making this post, so I realize that yes, I AM judging a book by its cover here. If anyone has an argument that can manage to convince me that there's worth in at least trying the map, please leave it for me.
So, going off of the screenshots, I can already tell that there's not exactly much to look at. I can appreciate the fact that there are new guns to use and new perks to buy, but honestly, if it fires bullets and kills things, a gun is pretty much just a gun, and every perk that I can see has already been used to extinction. No point in looking at something when I already know what it will look like, or buying something when I already know what it will do. But what I personally like to look for in a map isn't in the available myriad of weaponry to choose from, or the vast expanse of perks to buy, but rather, the atmosphere and look of the map itself. If you look at a few previous maps such as Leviathan or Project Contamination, those maps have a LOT of atmosphere; you actually FEEL like you're there, looking at something. Your map, however, does have its own atmosphere, to an extent. The sensation I get just from looking at the screenshots is a map ripped from Roblox with guns. There's not even any decent dynamic lighting from what I can tell. No lamps, flickering flashlights, hell, not even a spot of light with no source. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that you're offering us a map made of Lego bricks with a new HUD (which isn't even new, it was ripped directly from Black Ops 2's Buried map.) and some guns/perks we've already seen before. Not hating, just saying that you'll need just a TINY bit more effort to appease this rather demanding fellow.
Date Registered: 25 October 2015
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Just a gamer and modding novice...