Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.8. This update removes the ModDB voting popup. Thank you for participating! Results will be posted on the forum when we have them.
broken avatar :(
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.9. This update adds ModDB Top 100 voting. Please make an additional vote so that we can be ranked within the Top 100 list!
Date Registered: 12 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
aka Watch Me Lag on Steam.
meddle2k's Groups
meddle2k's Contact & Social LinksWatch Me LagMetalaxisMeddle2KMeddle2K
This application has been updated to VERSION 1.3.9. This update adds ModDB Top 100 voting. Please make an additional vote so that we can be ranked within the Top 100 list!

Downloaded it but it gave me v1.3.8, where can I get the updated version please? Also, I only counted 26 maps in the manager, and you're talking about a top 100 so there should be at least 74 more maps in v1.3.9, right?!?

Post Merge: December 13, 2013, 08:26:44 pm
Downloaded it but it gave me v1.3.8, where can I get the updated version please? Also, I only counted 26 maps in the manager, and you're talking about a top 100 so there should be at least 74 more maps in v1.3.9, right?!?

Oh wait, there was a typo in the mod managers about section, there are 2 changelogs for v1.3.8, should get fixed to avoid confusion. But seriously, only 26 maps in here, sorry but not even gonna waste my time since I already have most of time.
Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:26:44 pm by meddle2k
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
But seriously, only 26 maps in here, sorry but not even gonna waste my time since I already have most of time.
Uh, what? The contest is for http://moddb.com, it has nothing to do with the maps in the Map Manager.

We freely provide 4.5+TB of download traffic for 5GB worth of maps per month to our users but apparently this doesn't please you enough?
Date Registered: 12 September 2013
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
aka Watch Me Lag on Steam.
meddle2k's Groups
meddle2k's Contact & Social LinksWatch Me LagMetalaxisMeddle2KMeddle2K
Uh, what? The contest is for http://moddb.com, it has nothing to do with the maps in the Map Manager.

We freely provide 4.5+TB of download traffic for 5GB worth of maps per month to our users but apparently this doesn't please you enough?

Well I used this program a few months ago, and still see the same maps I downloaded before, only see maybe 6 or so new maps on this manager I didn't see before. I'm sorry but do you not want critical feedback from the community? Sorry if I sound blunt in this case, but I'm telling you this because I want this program to succeed all of our expectations. I hate roaming around forums for maps all day, thought this program would eventually evolve into a huge database.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Well I used this program a few months ago, and still see the same maps I downloaded before, only see maybe 6 or so new maps on this manager I didn't see before. I'm sorry but do you not want critical feedback from the community? Sorry if I sound blunt in this case, but I'm telling you this because I want this program to succeed all of our expectations. I hate roaming around forums for maps all day, thought this program would eventually evolve into a huge database.
We only host maps in the Map Manager which:
1) The creator chooses to release on our forum
2) Meet our requirements for released maps, which can be viewed here. The short version is: We don't upload boxmaps, we don't upload maps that don't work 100%, and we don't upload maps which contain racist/pejorative/explicit content.

We do not upload any maps which we do not have permission from the author to upload. The only exception we have to this is Panic Center, because fooey isn't around in the scene anymore to even be asked for permission to host his amazing map.

And there's a difference between constructive criticism and criticism which isn't even correct. According to your previous post we are "wasting your time" with all the effort we have put into making this Manager and populating it with the 26 maps we currently have permission to host.

So I think you can see why I reacted the way I did.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 13 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site

In addition to treminaor's answer:

We always listen to our community and we / I personally appreciate any kind of feedback.
As you read in treminaors reply, it's a bit tricky to get new maps into our Map Manager.

But if you find a map somewhere else which meets our requirements you could ask the mapper if he agree to have this map in our map manager.

All the mapper has to do is to make a release thread about his map in the release section - by doing this he is acknowledging that he wants his map hosted in the Map Manager.
Date Registered: 15 December 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Rockachu12's Groups
Rockachu12's Contact & Social Links
My avg says its a threat and removes it.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
My avg says its a threat and removes it.
Even Norton has recently flagged our program as safe (finally), so do whatever you have to do in order to allow the Map Manager to be installed past AVG (Google how to allow a program to be installed with AVG).
Date Registered: 15 December 2013
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Rockachu12's Groups
Rockachu12's Contact & Social Links
It gives me the choice to keep or remove it but im skeptical because i dont want to ruin my new laptop.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
It gives me the choice to keep or remove it but im skeptical because i dont want to ruin my new laptop.
Nothing about this program is going to ruin your new laptop, and there is nothing to be skeptical about because as you can see for yourself, this topic has over 20 pages of people discussing the program, nearly 100,000 overall pageviews, and over 100,000 users worldwide.

But it's up to you to allow it through your firewall. Most indie programs which connect to the internet are automatically marked as "Potentially Unwanted", depending on the user's anti-virus security level. Any programs which install files from the internet are usually marked as "suspicious" or "threats". So it's tough for us to please all the anti-virus programs because the nature of our program fits the generic definition of "suspicious".
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
tomuhawk's Groups
tomuhawk's Contact & Social Linkstom.pearce96TomuhawkTomuhawk
i dont seem to be getting any new maps show up for some reason iv tried re-installing it and made shore im on the most resent update but still only shows the same maps as before
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
i dont seem to be getting any new maps show up for some reason iv tried re-installing it and made shore im on the most resent update but still only shows the same maps as before
Did you click the little + icon that expands the rest of the maps?

• DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
No new applicable maps came out?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I have found a bug in the Map Manager which may have prevented some users from connecting to our server - the program attempts to check your public IP address to verify if you are on the UGX beta tester list (old feature which was used during Comosea beta period), and the service we were using for IP checking (http://checkip.dyndns.org) apparently does not work for everyone - so when the IP check failed, the program thought it had no connection to the internet (which is not true).

This has been fixed and I will release the update once the ModDB contest voting as ended and I remove the pop-up - that way I only need to release one update instead of two.

Sorry to anyone who may have been affected by this :)

Loading ...