UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[App] UGX Script Placer 2.0.1 BETA - Now with UGX-MOD Compatibility!

HOTPINNED
broken avatar :(
Created 9 years ago
by SajeOne
Former UGX Lead Asset Creator
Date Registered: 17 August 2012
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
Signature

(Click to enter portfolio)
SajeOne's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Script Placer 2.0

The new UGX Script Placer is designed to easily place all the needed scripts to start working on your map in seconds, with added features to help surpass the redundant placing and editing of files to just get a working map. The UGX Script Placer is updated with all the latest files and will continue to be updated with the latest bug fixes and developer features powered by the UGX Modtools Patch.

View the UGX Script Placer 2.0 wiki topic for a features overview and tutorial on general use.

UGX Script Placer 2.0 Overview w/ Stock/UGX Mod Tutorial

Requirements:

- a PC running Windows XP or higher
- .NET Framework v4.0
- A valid Modtools installation

Features:

- Create maps without the "nazi_zombie_" prefix, allowing for more creative names
- Add your own display name which will be shown in the COOP menu as well as in the start text in game
- Create new map with custom map file, this makes creating a new mod to go with your map very simple
- All new setup map designed to give you the basics to start working on your map, no more starting from scratch and no more having to delete lots of unnecessary items from sniper bolts tutorial map
- Add a main menu button with your own custom text
- Add your own main menu, load, and mission screens
- Disable the developer console on the map to restrict cheaters from using console cheats
- All new custom weather option with support for custom weather FX
- Include UGX Easy FX by default to get easily placeable FX in your map without the hassle of installing the FX package yourself
- All new Simplistic Mode which takes away the advanced options of the program for easier use with newer mappers and people who just want to press go and start working away at their map

UGX-MOD v1.0.4 Auto Installer
- Will install all the needed files to your v1.4 Modtools installation required to run UGX-MOD
- Once the base files have been installed you can then create as many different UGX-MOD Enabled maps as you please
- On-top of just plain UGX-MOD support you are free to change some main customization options such as Objectives, Bosses, and the option of Timed Gameplay.

To-do/Planned Features:
(None of the items shown here are guaranteed features, just stretch goals that we would like to add)
- Anti-Cheat; beyond just disabling the console, at this point it is unknown what exactly this will consist of
- Custom UI; I'm sure a lot of us are tired of the same old default windows look, which is why it would be nice to spice up the look of the program with some new custom UI elements
- Auto CPM file generation for the UGX Project Mover

Notes:
- The application will take longer than usual the first time installing a map because of the auto UGX Modtools Patch Installation, if you already have a patch installed and wish to disable this feature you can uncheck "Auto-Install UGX Patch" from the Options menu.
- In the event that your map is created with warnings a file called "log.txt" will be created in the same directory as the application, it contains details to what went wrong, this can be shown to gain assistance for any issues that you are having with the script placer
- UGX-MODS is not responsible for any data loss caused by this program, it is your responsibility to properly backup your data

Known Bugs:
- Setup map doesn't contain worldspawn settings
- Added items for new features don't auto-check in IWD list
- Selecting unfamiliar file type for screens causes infinite loop
- EasyFX uses the stock amount of FX which is over the limit in UGX-MOD

(These issues are currently being fixed for a new version)

Changelog:
v2.0.1
- Corrected easyFX + UGX-MOD 400FX crash
- Added worldspawn settings to setup map
- Added Auto check for custom items added to IWD list
- Disabled the ability to select any file type in the screens section(caused infinite loop)

v2.0
- Initial Release
Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:49:36 pm by SajeOne
:)7:cheesy:6:police-cop:7:cool_doge:12:ugxmods:1
[UGX] Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Download link updated.
[UGX] Maintainer (Admin & Programmer)
Date Registered: 29 August 2012
Last active: 7 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Dolphin!
Signature
changed one line of code, bug is fixed

Coming to work on monday morning.
When a bug mysteriously disappears.

:ugxmods: Developer ;)
Delta's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX Chat Moderator Has the ability to mute, kick, or ban chat members for being abusive or breaking the rules of the forum.
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
Delta's Contact & Social Linksthe-deltaugxDeltaItsDeltaigDelta igdeltaigdeltaUGX_DeltaDelta#6147Personal Site
/push

awesome! ;)
Date Registered: 25 June 2013
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
If I just tick UGX Easy FX, do I need to change scripts, so I wont get 400 fx error or is that already "fixed"?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
If I just tick UGX Easy FX, do I need to change scripts, so I wont get 400 fx error or is that already "fixed"?
Try it and see.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
The easy FX feature has been tested on a 1.4 root folder with the UGX Patch and works without going over the limit. If it is a general consensus that the amount of FX included is too much I can reduce it. You can check *MAPNAME*.csv in zone source to see the amount of added FX after map generation.
Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 09:07:16 pm by SajeOne
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Guide updated with general information on UGX Wiki: http://ugx-mods.com/wiki/index.php?title=UGX_Script_Placer_2.0
UM Member, Mapper and 3d Modeler
Date Registered: 8 February 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Port Arthur
Signature
pashan's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
So this is my first time using UGX mods.  I downloaded the script placer and generated a map, Then to see if it worked, i opened the .map in raidiant and replaced it with nazi_zombie_tutorial's map. Then i compiled and ran the game: this is what i see??

This is what i have in my mods folder?

am i doing anything wrong?
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
You still need to follow the guide for UGX Mod Standalone regarding compiling and using the UGX Project Mover.
Date Registered: 14 September 2013
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
rdthdthth
omgitsbothscarab's Groups
omgitsbothscarab's Contact & Social Linksbothscarab86LilyMu
this is a beautiful thing
like trem
only beautifullier

Double Post Merge: October 08, 2014, 02:31:46 am
Is the option to select the "Main Menu Button" box purposely disabled, or am I just stupid?
Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 02:31:46 am by omgitsbothscarab
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Eh?
SajeOne's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
this is a beautiful thing
like trem
only beautifullier

Double Post Merge: October 08, 2014, 02:31:46 am
Is the option to select the "Main Menu Button" box purposely disabled, or am I just stupid?
It's disabled if you are using UGX-MOD because by default UGX-MOD already has a solo button and the text isn't controlled in the engine but rather in the image.
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
I get 16 fonts error, I made sure I used Project Mover right with no errors and I still get it and I get alien text
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I get 16 fonts error, I made sure I used Project Mover right with no errors and I still get it and I get alien text
16 fonts error means you didn't use UGX Project Mover. Alien Text means you didn't build the ugx mod mod.ff and then use UGX Project Mover.

The only point of UGX Project Mover is to undo the crap Launcher does after every compile. It overwrites the ugx mod.ff in your map folder with your map's mod.ff which erases the ugx mod font and menu assets. Project Mover takes the mod.ff from the ugx_mod folder and puts it back into your map's folder, and renames your map's mod.ff to localized_mapname.ff. You can do this manually if you want to or whatever but it needs to be done every time the ugx mod.ff gets overwritten. If you avoid building your map's mod.ff and delete it from root/mods/mapname it will stop being moved at the end of every compile and you will no longer need to use the Project Mover at all until the next time you build your map's mod.ff and overwrite the ugx files again. This is a somewhat technical explanation which is why I usually just tell people to compile + use the project mover, but apparently people still aren't understanding that and I think it must be because they doin't understand what they are fixing when they run it.

When I update our tools for the v1.1 standalone release I will program the Project Mover to do this for people so that they will not need to use the program as often.
Respect
1,024Add +1
Forum Rank
Eviscerator
Primary Group
UGX V.I.P.
My Groups
More
More
HitmanVere's Groups
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
16 fonts error means you didn't use UGX Project Mover. Alien Text means you didn't build the ugx mod mod.ff and then use UGX Project Mover.

I did do both, I still have the problem. Is UGX Project Mover and COD Project Mover same thing? lol
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
I did do both, I still have the problem. Is UGX Project Mover and COD Project Mover same thing? lol
You need to do it after every compile unless you do what I just said.

Loading ...