UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

[28/40] Titan Corp - Bringing you tomorrow's problems today!

broken avatar :(
Created 10 years ago
by tomikaze
Date Registered: 27 August 2012
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Tommy Wonka & the Idea Factory
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access

Creator: This map was created by Jay Ingardia aka Bamskater aka Jei9363

Setting: Here, Jay offers up his vision of a sequel to the WAW map Der Riese. The similarities can be seen immediately by comparing the two maps starting rooms, but they don't just end there. There are switches to activate in order to open up the PAP machine and you are also given the option to take the left side route through the map or the right side route depending on which side you prefer.

Postives: I like how balanced of a mapper that Jay is; and by that I mean that his maps are as fun to look at as they are to play and this map is no exception. Each room has it's own unique look to it so you always feel like you are progressing to somewhere new and different. He also likes to put different modes of transportation in his maps; most of which are his own creations and he has done the same here with giant vents that send you upward to the second floor of the map as well as a cart and rail system to move you from one area to the next; this is not a gimmick either it actually works well and is very helpful in certain situations. Depending on how you open the map you can create for yourself camping areas that you should be able to hold down for a while especially with friends. In higher rounds there ends up being no easy places to camp or run circles which keeps the challenge of the map pretty high. His custom Napalm Nancies replace the standard Betties/Claymores and are fun to use with a nice fiery visual effect that does some damage over time as well. Unlike Der Riese there are no dog rounds, so they won't be fetching you that free max ammo every 5 rounds; you're going to have to work a little bit harder for your ammo. He created a custom perk called Porter Punch which allows you to teleport to a random place on the map, it also makes using the teleporter cost you no money to use. While this won't bail you out if you are already backed into a corner this perk is still VERY fun to use.

Negatives: Some people may not like the stock WAW weapon set, but seeing as this is a Der Riese style map it works well in keeping with the theme. Most hallways are too narrow to navigate more than maybe one zombie so running and gunning is probably out of the question making this map not very solo friendly unless you get staminup  and run the swamp over and over again. Just like Der Riese there are no objectives and if you are hoping for a buyable ending then allow me to be the first to say, "Congratulations, there is none!"

Conclusion: In a modern society when everyone who shows up is a winner and a participation award is equal to a 1st prize ribbon this map will be sure to hurt your feelings by reminding you that death is imminent; but cheer up its going to be a lot of fun until then, unless you die on round 1 then it won't be any fun at all. This map is fun for a while especially if you love Der Riese and want to play someone else's take on the formula, however, not having any objective may reduce it's replayability for most people once the nostalgia wears off.

Level of Detail: 7/10
Custom Content: 7/10
Fun Scale: 7/10
Replayability: 7/10

Score: 28/40

Download Here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0v0yr3ii2pbc99v/Titan%20Corp.exe?m=

Or Here: https://www.mediafire.com/?3g59m3gi4s67ci6
Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 04:56:03 pm by tomikaze
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
After playing the map a lot more solo and getting to the rounds in the mid twenties by teleporting around using Porter Punch I have changed my stance on it. It's really fun to use and is highly effective if you can give yourself a second or two to get away.
Sorry Jay, I was wrong about this perk.
Date Registered: 14 June 2016
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
timmey_0526's Groups
timmey_0526's Contact & Social Links
Every time i fall down the elevator thing i get down and i cant play multiplayer cause my friend doesnt know how to download maps
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Custom Map Reviewer
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
tomikaze's Groups
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Every time i fall down the elevator thing i get down

Buy Jug.

i cant play multiplayer cause my friend doesnt know how to download maps
You are correct.
Date Registered: 16 June 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Hey if you had tons of fun on playing my maps please DONATE :)

play ESTATE now, and claim your mansion back from the undead!
jei9363's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
jei9363's Contact & Social Linksjei9363jei9363jayingardia
Date Registered: 5 December 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
goanna678's Groups