Date Registered: 9 August 2018
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Beanoid's Groups
Beanoid's Contact & Social Links
Hi all. Im new to the modding scene. I wanted to make a Zombie map inside the Reichstag and so I wanted to use the model from the last campaign level where you wave the Soviet flag at the end of the mission.

I thought I would just be able to go into the game files and find some .map file. I was naive lol. I found the .ff file for that level (ber3b in game files -- Downfall for all of us) and decompiled it using many of the .ff decompilers around. Its all scripts.

I have been investigating and it seems like the map loads inside the script. As far as my understanding goes the files are inside COD´s custom BSP format (.d3dbsp) and no one has been able to extract much from those files. Latest topic I was able to find on this was on 2015.

Im wondering if things have changed during these 3 years. Is there any way to get campaign map models?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 19 June 2018
Last active: 19 hours ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
cpt_johnson1's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
cpt_johnson1's Contact & Social Links
Lol I wanted to do the same exact thing. I really want to make a Reichstag zombies map, but unfortunately you can't get the .map files. It's possible, but it's really hard and I don't think anyone has done it.
Date Registered: 9 August 2013
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
codmoddd1234's Groups
codmoddd1234's Contact & Social Links
The xmodel, xanim, animtree are scripts for ber3b are in the raw/ folder of the modtools.
I don't think you need to extract any ff or bsp to do it.
Date Registered: 9 August 2018
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Beanoid's Groups
Beanoid's Contact & Social Links
Thanks for the replies, I will look in to what was mentioned. The Launcher is able to compile maps and build .ff files, I would think knowing how to build .ff files means you know the structure of the file and could do some reverse engineering. Right now Im building a map from scratch so the Reichstag will have to wait.

Loading ...