Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
lol
Swag_Chesse_xo1's Contact & Social Linkso0JayWolf0oLordSpaceCat
My map has a big field and I want to add fog to it. There is already visible fog from a distance but I want it to be denser and closer so you don't know where the zombies are coming from. I think this would be cool and a nice addition. Is Fog an FX? and can you make it closer/further away? Or do I have to make a custom FX?
Marked as best answer by Swag_Chesse_xo1 6 years ago
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 23 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
Joeycx's Contact & Social Links
If you want it like an ambiance, where the fog is around the edges and doesn't obstruct the players view: http://wiki.modsrepository.com/index.php?title=Call_of_Duty_5:_Fog

If you want other fogs, you can use ugx_easy_fx to add fog via script_structs and look through the available fx's in the effect editor to look for the ones that fit your map's style and size: https://confluence.ugx-mods.com/display/UGXMODS/Easy-FX (Access effect editor in the launcher by the tools)

I could be completely wrong in what you wanted so keep an eye on the other member's replys. Good luck!
Date Registered: 18 February 2018
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
lol
Swag_Chesse_xo1's Contact & Social Linkso0JayWolf0oLordSpaceCat
Thank you
Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:49:21 am by Swag_Chesse_xo1
Date Registered: 31 May 2018
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
The "No One Knows" Modder
Thunderfrost's Groups
Thunderfrost's Contact & Social LinksEl-ThunderThunderfrost
To add fog, add this on your nazi_zombie_mapname.gsc or zombiemode.gsc (Main Section):

Code Snippet
Plaintext
 start_dist = 404.39;
 halfway_dist = 1543.52;
 halfway_height = 460.33;
 base_height = -244.014;
 red = 0.65;
 green = 0.84;
 blue = 0.79;
 trans_time = 0;

SetVolFog( start_dist, halfway_dist, halfway_height, base_height, red, green, blue, trans_time );

These are the Shi No Numa settings, now I will explain you what this means:

start_dist = Where the fog starts, (Measured in radiant units)
halfway_dist = The distance beyond start_dist, right in the middle (Radiant Units)
halfway_height = The middle height, where the fog is dispersed (Same as halfway_dist) (Radiant Units)
base_height = The start height, where the fog starts (Radiant Units)
red = RGB Component (Fog Color)
green = RGB Component (Fog Color)
blue = RGB Component (Fog Color)
trans_time = The time the fog lasts (By logic if it's 0, then it's eternal)

To know the units, just open Radiant and search below for Z, Y and X coordinates, now move the cursor on the 2d map and look how the units change, you can take those numbers then add they to the code. You need to know that the game takes you (Your character) and creates the fog according your position in the map, for example:

Your character is on the following coordinates: Z(Height): 0, Y(Horizontal): 0 and X(Horizontal too): 0. Now you have to know that Y and X coordinates help to calculate the units for start_dist and halfway_dist, because both are horizontal, then if you add 200 units to start_dist and 1500 to halfway_dist, and if I move 40 units on the Y axis or X axis, those units will be added to the start_dist and halfway_dist, depending on what axis are you looking at. This is my theory how the fog works with this code (When you are moving), but obviously the radiant unit thing is 100% correct, also my explanation about what axis works on the given parameter is correct too. Hope this helps

Loading ...