Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
I don't post here often, but since the BO4 reveal, I've been curious what people's opinions are if they add mod tools. Would the tools be different to reflect a potentially updated engine? (it's basically BO3 Part II lmao)  Does it cut off BO3's modding lifespan?
Personally, I think it's too soon to release mod tools unless they by some miracle allow modding for Blackout; that would be pretty lit and would be a reason to play it over Fortnite/PUBG
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 23 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
Joeycx's Contact & Social Links
We haven't seen bo4 zombies gameplay yet, but i'm willing to bet that it's bo3 rehashed with ww2 zombie's class system. I'm very happy with the currently state of bo3 modtools and modders are able to give us 18 players, which can be infinitely used and created for different game modes like grief or a huge style map in bo3. They usually give out modtools when the engine prior becomes old or obsolete like giving us bo3's modtools when waw's modtools were on it's final breath. Giving us bo4 modtools would be a waste for map makers and modders working on bo3. 
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
every... single.... cod... morons... ponder... mod tools...

no - they will not release another mod tools

it took ten years to get bo3... use common sense ffs...
Date Registered: 27 October 2013
Last active: 5 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
adfgdagasdf2's Groups
adfgdagasdf2's Contact & Social Links
every... single.... cod... morons... ponder... mod tools...

no - they will not release another mod tools

it took ten years to get bo3... use common sense ffs...

I mean hey, the seem to be working with PC a lot more than they used to, it's not completely unrealistic to see them add more support for BO4 than the console counterparts.
Date Registered: 23 February 2015
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Joeycx's Groups
Joeycx's Contact & Social Links
I mean hey, the seem to be working with PC a lot more than they used to, it's not completely unrealistic to see them add more support for BO4 than the console counterparts.

Not really, Pc support for cod games are awful, the player count drops drastically. Giving us overdue modtools was the step in the right direction though.
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 4 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971

They released modtools for bo1 but it seems they forgot bo2 but I think they did that for a reason because the consoles were having a rough time running maps.

Look at tranzit for example, they added fog and lava just to make sure the consoles could run it.

I don't think they are going to release their modtools to the community but maybe in the next bo game.
Last Edit: May 19, 2018, 08:28:31 am by gympie6
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
actually yes it is completely unrealistic

Support for the GAME they said. Not for modding... as in optimising it coz they always run like shit on pc at launch...

And they didn’t “forget” bo2 lol

Bo1 was a failure too, never made it out of beta
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
They released modtools for bo1 but it seems they forgot bo2 but I think they did that for a reason because the consoles were having a rough time running maps.

Look at tranzit for example, they added fog and lava just to make sure the consoles could run it.

I don't think they are going to release their modtools to the community but maybe in the next bo game.

Talking about fog and lava, I had an unexpected glitch the other day when i was playing. For some reason I was going to Town throu diner and when I was jumping from the lava and knifing denzins the screen froze and didn't get updated. That's was really weird, i mean i can hear myself and play but the screen never get updated, it was sad thou. lol

Back to OP:
I don't think we will ever get BO4 mod tools, judging for the mp footage from Noahj. It's just the same bo3 mp with some new stuff in it. I don't really know about the engine, but who knows.
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Destroyer
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
More
conn6orsuper117's Groups
conn6orsuper117's Contact & Social LinksConn6orsuper117ITS-CS117
on JCBackfire's video (or glitchingqueen's, I remember its a big youtuber's video), Jason said, "Anything's possible." so we might get it but I agree with Tim, I wouldn't be disappointed if they dont since its a similar engine as BO3

Loading ...