broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 22 January 2018
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
coulter.andrew's Contact & Social Links
How do I go about making a weapon upgrade system where you can level up your gun line on Advanced Warfare zombies?  Do I just do the same process as making an upgraded version but do it 25 times and just add an extra  _upgraded for each level, 1-25?
Date Registered: 17 January 2014
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If you want scripts / features made for you, then contact me by PM or email / skype etc
it will cost you tho so if you have no intention of reciprocating don't even waste my time ;)
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Harry Bo21's Contact & Social Links[email protected]HarryBo21HarryBo000
you will hit the weapon limit in no time doing 25 weapon files for every gun
Date Registered: 19 March 2018
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Personal Quote
Salem
Haaagaibmsirirla's Contact & Social Links
The limit for weapons are 128 right? So give or take, you could only add 5 guns before running into that limit, right?
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
epic waste

and no, the complete weapon limit is 128 yes, but a bunch are taken up with stock items like perk bottles, revive tool etc

but youll almost certainly hit the memory limit or fx limit etc long before the weapon limit
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Well, there must be a way to bypass the developers, bad decicision, and make the limit higher for the number of weapon entities and memory?  I swear I played a couple good maps where there was way more weapons.   But, if there isn't, thanks anyway, I will make do with the little there is.
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
If you use T4m the weapon limit is increased, but you're going to have other problems as well. I doubt you can have a file-name with 25x _upgraded, it's simply waaaaay too long.

You could use the model-slots inside the weapon-files for your upgrade models, and then script the upgrades yourself by just storing it in a variable on the player, and going from there.

With the stock system you are going to run into other problems as well, like not being able to wall-buy ammo for those weapons unless you re-script some stuff etc. The amount of things you need to do to get this working, will make it esier to start from scratch and build your own upgrade-system.
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Like a pack-a-punch with a script that simply changes reload times, fire times, damage, and camo with the regular weapon file without having _upgraded x25?
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
BluntStuffy's Groups
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
Like a pack-a-punch with a script that simply changes reload times, fire times, damage, and camo with the regular weapon file without having _upgraded x25?

Yes, but there's some limitations. You cant change anything in the weaponfile from script, you can mess with the dvar used for speed-cola and increase the reload time that way for example, and add extra damage in a script etc.
I think there's 12 or 14 model slots, so you can have that many camo's for each weaponfile. You can't use attachments unless they use the same animations, so adding a red-dot or something still requires another weapon-file because it uses other ADS-anims. Changing things like muzzleflash etc can be done through clientscript.

It's def possible, but it would require some creative solutions here and there
Respect
1,004Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Harry Bo21's Groups
unless something changed without me knowing, last i checked it was confirmed the only limit that failed to increase the assetpool despite t4m was the weaponfiles

regardless youd hit the fx limit immediately anyway unless you removed the fx from the weapon files and scripted instead

the developers, bad decicision, and make the limit higher for the number of weapon entities and memory

like before with the "ff exporters" you seem to not grasp the technicalities of this statement

Loading ...