Date Registered: 31 March 2015
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bigbeard2000's Groups
Bigbeard2000's Contact & Social Links
I would like to apologize if a similar question is already posted.

I want to add a pack a punched Springfield to my map. I don't need I much I just want it to do more damage and maybe faster reloading. I don't care if the textures and sounds are the same as the regular Springfield.

Again, sorry if has been asked a million times before.

Thank you very much for your time!
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 20 September 2013
Last active: 2 days ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
No code is bug free
Signature
My published cod maps:

Subzero
Djinncaves
Enclosed (a.k.a baconcube)
Bayern
Snowblind
Furtrelock

Black Ops Perks: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/scripts/55/call-of-duty-world-at-war-black-ops-perks/22180/
gympie6's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
gympie6's Contact & Social LinksTheRevenantSkullTeffrieTeffrieGympie5#5971
I would like to apologize if a similar question is already posted.

I want to add a pack a punched Springfield to my map. I don't need I much I just want it to do more damage and maybe faster reloading. I don't care if the textures and sounds are the same as the regular Springfield.

Again, sorry if has been asked a million times before.

Thank you very much for your time!

First make a PAP weapon (new weaponfile) using this tool: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,1535.html

Then after you increase the weapon's damage and speed, you need to look for the worldmodel and the viewmodel.
find these files in your raw/xmodel and make copies of it.
Open up your copies (copies which are going to be papped) and look for words with *mtl* in it.
overwrite the words with *mtl* in it with this: mtl_silver_etching. After you did that save the files like this as example: viewmodel_usa_springfield_rifle_upgraded

If you open your papped weaponfile again you need to change the worldmodel plus the viewmodel's name with your papped models and you're done.

If this is too difficult for you can also do this: go to your raw/weapons/sp and find this: springfield_scoped_zombie_upgraded
Add this weapon to your mod and your done. You can change the values with the tool I am talking about.
Date Registered: 31 March 2015
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
Bigbeard2000's Groups
Bigbeard2000's Contact & Social Links
Thank you very much!

I had a lot of trouble with this because for some unknown reason the Springfield wasn't added to the actual game, so that was my big problem. Since the springfield wasn't technically part of the mod the springfield_upgraded couldn't be obtained by paping the regular springfeild. On a side note for some reason the included prefabs for the springfeild are a little broken by default and as I said earlier, (if case anybody else wants the fantastic springfeild in their mod) you need to make sure to add this line

Code Snippet
Plaintext
add_zombie_weapon( "springfield", &"ZOMBIE_WEAPON_SPRINGFIELD_200", 200, "", 0);

In your _zombie_weapons.gsc file along with the other weapons

Again I'm not sure why the springfeild is not by default included in the file, I assumed that it was so it took a while to find the problem.

One last thing, you mentioned editing speed in the weapons editor, but I couldn't find that. Which tab is it under?

Loading ...