Date Registered: 25 September 2016
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
StraightArrow's Groups
StraightArrow's Contact & Social Links
So, I am very new to this scene, and have sunk at least 20 hours into this stuff already. I've done some cool things just changing gsc files (like changing character models and making the Kar shoot projectiles).

What I need help with now is modifying Der Riese's GSC files with new functions. So far, the only thing I have been able to do is print lines. For some reason no other function I type in will work (and worse, I won't get any errors). I have made a new gsc with my functions that are called from the nazi_zombie_factory gsc file. Can anyone please help? I just want to do some weapon modding to make weapons act differently.
broken avatar :(
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
If you are working on a different map, der riese files won't work in custom maps, to make certain type of change on default maps just create a folder in mods and name it whatever you want, then create a maps folder in there and add the files from the map you want to modify. For weapon modifying doesn't require script knowledge, just guide you with the weapon properties in the weapon file, to pick a weapon file just go to raw/weapons/sp and use the files with the tag "zombie" on it, drag it in to your modname/weapons/sp, to change weapons easily I recommend to work with the UGX Weapons Editor, and finally just use your imagination :)
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
StraightArrow's Groups
Thank you for the reply. I am working on Der Riese specifically. I have modified der riese to print lines when I do an action such as shoot, but I would like to setdvars and such. I want to make the flamethrower have a jetpack effect and have seen some mod menu scripting accomplish this. That is why I am trying to modify the base files rather than gun stats (such as fire rate). So far, the game seems to ignore all functions like that. I feel like something basic is missing. Do I need to enable cheats?
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
In the weapon files there is not only those basic stats like you are saying, there is more things involucrated, like fx for example, which it is the way to make a simple pistol shoot melons if you want haha, well you have to study more the files and see what can you change without messing up the gun. Now gsc files are more to change variables inside the level, that is what mod menus does, and to make one not only do you have to know gsc scripting, also you need to edit and create menu files, those files are for making HUD (images) in majority and also showable text on the screen (with more attributes), you can create HUDs in gsc files as well, but I think menu files have more specific attributes for making HUDs, I mean, for some reason menu files exists.
Date Registered: 17 December 2013
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
1,404Add +1
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Community Scripter Elite
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
It aint much, if it aint Dutch
Signature
BluntStuffy's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
BluntStuffy's Contact & Social LinksBluntstuffy@BluntZombieBluntStuffyStuffyZombie
What I need help with now is modifying Der Riese's GSC files with new functions. So far, the only thing I have been able to do is print lines. For some reason no other function I type in will work (and worse, I won't get any errors). I have made a new gsc with my functions that are called from the nazi_zombie_factory gsc file. Can anyone please help?

I'm not sure if it will actually load new .gsc's into the map. Try just adding your new functions to the existing .gsc's like mapname.gsc or _zombiemode for example
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
StraightArrow's Groups
Thanks for you help everyone! I found out the problem was an infinite for loop that wouldn't call my next functions. I have now learned how to thread a little more properly.
custom()
{
   self endon("death");
   iprintln( "My name is Dimitri Petrenko");
   self thread buttonListen();
   self thread dvarfunc();
   self thread jetboots();
}
I thread the functions all from the main function of my gsc, before I was threading it like this....
buttonListen()
{
   self endon("death");

for(;;)
   {
      if(self AttackButtonPressed())
      {
         self iprintln("Shoot Pressed");
      }
      wait .1;
   } self thread dvarfunc();

}
Also, my  gsc acts wonky if I call it from nazi_zombie_factory.gsc so I have been calling it from PlayerSpawned in _zombiemode.gsc. I am sure there is a cleaner way of doing this, I would love to hear from those with more experience!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
You can't loop a iprintIn, it will cause a crash when you load your map, to create custom functions I recommend you to thread them in nazi_zombie_mapname/main(), then write them in the same file at the bottom, just to have everything organized, so the script will look like this.

Code Snippet
Plaintext
main()
{

thread yourfunction();

}

// Your GSC Bottom

yourfunction()
{

//yourcode

}

You can also init a separate gsc file within the main function of the mapname.gsc you are using, like this:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
main()
{

maps\yourgsc::init();

// Where maps is the container folder of your gsc, yourgsc is the name of your gsc and init() is the main function of your gsc

}

Make sure if you create a gsc, you have to include other gsc files according of what you are working on, for example:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
#include maps\_utility; 
#include common_scripts\utility;
#include maps\_zombiemode_utility;

// You have to put this at the beginning

Loading ...