UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Where these "Default" functions come from?

broken avatar :(
Created 6 years ago
by Deleted User
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
I don´t know exactly where this things are scripted, I look up to the .gsc files and these functions are called very usually, but I don't find any code that tell me what thing they do, I don't want to know the fact of what they do because these examples I have it clear,  just need to know where I can find the core of these functions, I don't even know if "functions" is what they are, anyway I'll show you what I'm talking about:

Code Snippet
Plaintext
UseTriggerRequireLookAt();

Code Snippet
Plaintext
Hide();

I'm pretty sure that are more of these kind of default functions.

Marked as best answer by Deleted User 6 years ago
Date Registered: 11 March 2014
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
Signature
"Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."
buttkicker845's Groups
buttkicker845's Contact & Social Links
Any call to a function will require a parameter () included in it, that is the easiest way to tell if something is a function or if its some kind of variable/data manipulation.

Function call:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
nodeOccupied = ai IsNodeOccupied(node); //determines if a pathnode is occupied by an AI and stores the result in nodeOccupied
variable manipulation:
Code Snippet
Plaintext
ai.ignoreSuppression = true; //makes the AI suppression from weapons

As for the definition of these functions specifically. I dont remember if both are engine functions but i do know that Hide() is, I have included a small description of each function for you
Code Snippet
Plaintext
trigger UseTriggerRequireLookAt();//makes it so the player must look directly at the trigger to use it
Code Snippet
Plaintext
model Hide();//makes any world entity invisible to the player, don't know if it removes collision of the entity
The best place to find information on a lot of the engine functions and some of the standard .gsc utility functions is to look at the script reference here: https://www.ugx-mods.com/script/#

Most of the utility functions found in the _utility.gsc and _zombiemode_utility.gsc has documentation on each of the functions and how to use them

I hope this helps!
  • DeletedUser
  • Deleted Member
DeletedUser
This user is deleted :(
Thanks you, finally I understand it :)

Loading ...