UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

SALAJ_DUST2 ( huge update is coming soon 55% done )

HOT
broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by gustoman
Date Registered: 16 October 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
Just a weeaboo from a kangaroo
Signature
Wanna ask me questions or give me suggestions? DM me on ugx forums, or get on my delicious discord: https://discord.gg/eAc3P4G

gimme money gimme money you fat twat paypal.me/Nigglrnickel
lolelel12334's Groups
lolelel12334's Contact & Social LinksLeMoobManlemoobmank155m3plz
Good map, needs custom/ported models though.
Date Registered: 19 January 2014
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
MaMaCuZeR's Groups
MaMaCuZeR's Contact & Social Links
Hey Gustoman!
First, sorry if my english is bad.
Then, the map looks incredible and im downloading right now.
I didn't know the map Dust 2 from the Ugx Team, but who cares? I'm glad that people like you still making custom maps for us.
Also, it´s true that some maps take years, but that doesn´t mean that you have to make your map in 2 or 3 years to make it fun and good.
I hope you can do more custom maps for the community.
i'll do a video in spanish with this map. Thanks a lot man!
Date Registered: 3 June 2017
Last active: 7 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
umu's Groups
umu's Contact & Social Links
Never works with 3+ players, the 3rd person always gets stuck on the loading screen.

Works well with 2 players but can't never get it to play with 3 or more.
- Tried switching host around.
- We all have that ugx setting on.
- Waiting atleast 5 mins in-game to see if the 3rd person can join.
- Restarting waw/map multiple times.

Been trying this for atleast an hour with 7 different people. Sucks, because this map is fun.
Date Registered: 21 November 2016
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I make maps.
Signature
THE FIGHT
SALAJ_DUST2 new update is coming soon
SALAJ_MALEFIC'S_SPAWN
SALAJ_WWE coming soon
gustoman's Groups
gustoman's Contact & Social Linksgustoman
well we kept crashing, looks good thats for sure, but kept crashing or someone couldnt play
If the game is crashing please let me know what error is showing up or it may be you PC. Looks like more people have same issue to play with more then 3 players. It is problem of UGX mod but I will try fix it in new update.

Double Post Merge: June 21, 2017, 01:58:30 pm
Hey Gustoman!
First, sorry if my english is bad.
Then, the map looks incredible and im downloading right now.
I didn't know the map Dust 2 from the Ugx Team, but who cares? I'm glad that people like you still making custom maps for us.
Also, it´s true that some maps take years, but that doesn´t mean that you have to make your map in 2 or 3 years to make it fun and good.
I hope you can do more custom maps for the community.
i'll do a video in spanish with this map. Thanks a lot man!
Thank you for you support and I have open 2 more projects that I'm working on but now I need to make update for this map Dust2.

Double Post Merge: June 21, 2017, 01:59:45 pm
Never works with 3+ players, the 3rd person always gets stuck on the loading screen.

Works well with 2 players but can't never get it to play with 3 or more.
- Tried switching host around.
- We all have that ugx setting on.
- Waiting atleast 5 mins in-game to see if the 3rd person can join.
- Restarting waw/map multiple times.

Been trying this for atleast an hour with 7 different people. Sucks, because this map is fun.
Looks like more people have same issue to play with more then 3 players. It is problem of UGX mod, so it not my fault, but I will try fix it in new update that coming soon.
Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 01:59:45 pm by gustoman
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
umu's Groups
Finally got it to work with 3 people,
If you're stuck in the loading screen just type "pause" and should be fixed.
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I make maps.
gustoman's Groups
Finally got it to work with 3 people,
If you're stuck in the loading screen just type "pause" and should be fixed.
I get messages from some people that they played with 4 players without any problem. I'm glad u was able to play with 3 friends now, just in case where should people type "pause" ? into console ?
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
umu's Groups
yes in console, whoops forgot to mention that on the last reply.
Date Registered: 3 January 2017
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
More
TheFormula's Groups
TheFormula's Contact & Social LinksTheFormulaOfLetsPlayhttp://steamcommunity.com
My friend cannot change her the settings on the UGX Menu Screen, It doesn't allow her to save and continue and has to quit the game we have been trying for a couple of hours...
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I make maps.
gustoman's Groups
My friend cannot change her the settings on the UGX Menu Screen, It doesn't allow her to save and continue and has to quit the game we have been trying for a couple of hours...
read the instruction carefully and make sure you are changing right options. it works for everybody, but in new update this issue with setting will be fix.
Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 06:59:29 pm by gustoman
Date Registered: 21 April 2017
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Cheerio123141's Groups
Cheerio123141's Contact & Social Links
I would fix the glitch with turret ammo regen with wonder weapons cuz it is very op. I got to round 41 in 2 hours with no problem at all. Other than that, I really like the map because I play Counter Strike. Great work and your long 2 months were definitely worth it.

PS: you spelled cat as cut in the spawn message when you open the door ;D
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I make maps.
gustoman's Groups
I would fix the glitch with turret ammo regen with wonder weapons cuz it is very op. I got to round 41 in 2 hours with no problem at all. Other than that, I really like the map because I play Counter Strike. Great work and your long 2 months were definitely worth it.

PS: you spelled cat as cut in the spawn message when you open the door ;D
nice so u are zombie master  :) thanks man ,,, yea i know im not perfect I can  make mistake too, I will fix that in next update
Date Registered: 1 December 2016
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
nomorevideos's Groups
nomorevideos's Contact & Social Linksnomorevideos
I don't know who you are and you never spoke with me before. I just remember one guy on steam that told mi similar  thing. If thats u then Im telling u same thing that I said before. I don't care about any port. I have my own ideas and I want to create them by myself. Also If I download original map tell me how I would edit it? How I will make extra rooms, zombie windows, and other things that I made here. Yes this map could be much better but this is my second map and I'm sorry that I'm not a pro of making maps. I tried my best and I did pretty good job. I would like to see your first and second map if they look "PRO"

Yeah, I was that guy go figure.
Anyways again, since my initial first post seems to have been lost I now have to type everything up again.

First off yes, yes you should care about a port. Because you making the map layout from scratch does nothing but waste time and leave room for potential errors when it comes to try to get a 1:1 scale.
All you have to do is take an uncompiled version of de_dust 2 and run it through a program that converts it to fit the modding tools' needs. In case you don't have an uncompiled version of the map, you can simply decompile the bsp format via something like BSPSource or simply get an editable version (fitting for source's SDK, so it's also uncompiled) off a place like reddit (CS:GO mapping subreddit to be exact).
And yes, I understand you have your own "ideas" and all, but all you did is basically copy dust 2 right? So much for being original and "having your own ideas".
That's not what a remaster/remake of a map is about in the first place. Yes, no shit you can add your own ideas into it. Look at nuketown remastered. That map features a bunch of brand new areas and even has its own EE. It's way better than the original in every aspect, even graphics wise how everything is decorated.

Listen, all you had to do.. okay is port dust 2 with 2 very easy to find tools to the mapping tools for w@w.
After that is done, the map will be a 1:1 replica of dust 2 how it's in CS:GO. The only thing left to fix are texture and prop misplacements which you need to fix by hand. Talking about props, after the earlier step of fixing textures is done you should go and ports the props for dust 2 to w@w via maya. There is an easy to find plugin that lets you do that.
You can find all info about porting maps, props and all stuff on a post here on ugx.
Also, you can get maya for free as student version for 3 years.

Anyways, once that is all done, guess what. Add whatever the fuck you like to the map. This is usually were the fun part begins, at least from the creative side since trying to add everything you come to think of will be a huge pain in the ass to actually get done. Mapping takes time and making a good looking, big map can take years. Again, look at something like Herrenhaus. From what I know the guy who made it never made other maps before it. It was his only map and he's also not planning on ever touching the mapping tools again.
It's a professional looking map from someone who has dedicated a lot of time and effort into it.
Meanwhile, excuse me, you just lazily copied the layout of dust 2 and put basically no effort into decorating the map and adding anything worth of value into it.
Again, I never played the map. It could play just fine, but honestly a map isn't all about gameplay. How a map looks, both the quality of the graphics and the details in the decoration of textures, decals and so on are all important as well. Especially for a map like dust 2 which is loved by a lot of people. Giving them something like you made in like 2 months is a fucking disappointment. Dust 2 in w@w isn't anything new. There are a bunch of "low effort" versions of dust 2 available for w@w.
I mean hell, at least you somewhat got the layout right. Some of the maps that try to resemble dust 2 have their proportions/scale off and look even worse.

I know this all is pretty harsh, but it's just how it is. How something looks is important and it doesn't matter if your map has the best gameplay of any zombies map ever. It looks like garbage and people will judge it for it. It looks like a low effort project with little to no time investment made.
If you wanna try it again and make an actually professional looking, good map follow these somewhat basic guidelines.

- Port the CS:GO version alongside all textures and props to the mapping tools for w@w, you can find a guide on how to do it on ugx

- Fix all problems with misalignments

- Expand the map and add original areas, maybe near pit behind the big double doors or in CT spawn

- Maybe make it so you can unlock these areas via easter egg and in those areas you find PaP or a buyable ending

- Add the gun models from CS:GO to the map as custom weapons, with inclusion of the sounds and you could even add some high value skins as PaP camo

- Turn the mystery box into a CS:GO case, you can find CS:GO case models online such as the SFM workshop

- Try something wonky with the powerups i.e turn the fire sale into a steam summer sale and add a cheesy gaben meme song thing for it

- Add the Elite Crew and/or IDF as player models alongside their voice lines

- Change the feeling/theme of the map, you could let it stay at vanilla dust 2 or make it look all creepy and dark, make it look like MotD with barbed wire and burned out cars and a new night skybox with a full moon

Again you could "easily" do all of this and potentially more if you were to dedicate time and effort to this map.
Sure it wouldn't actually be easy, in fact I reckon it would be a huge project and take probably years if you were to do it alone without major help. But I am pretty sure people would praise a map like that and especially actual CS fans would love it a lot.

So what's your excuse for making a cheap, lazy version of dust 2 that isn't dust 2 in any way besides having the same layout but nothing else besides that? Is it too hard and time consuming to make a map like I suggested it above? A polished map with a lot of little details?
Sure those details do not influence how the map plays and the map you currently have sure could be the best zombies map ever gameplay wise, but it sure as shit looks like trash and doesn't resemble dust 2.

If you wanna do something, do it right. Good and polished things take time. Either take your time and put effort into it, be it 2 years and a lot of work or just.. you know leave it at this map and just be another example of low effort shit.
Anyone can make a map like this, hell I could make a map like this. Without putting any effort and only a few dozen hours I could make a map like yours. But you know what not many people can make? Quality maps like Herrenhaus or others like Ragnarok, Leviathan and so on. Those maps are bloody gorgeous and play all very well too.

Again keep in mind the guy who made Herrenhaus (from what I can remember) said it was his only map and he also didn't plan on make any more maps. Herrenhaus is a very professional looking map though, that had a lot of time and effort poured into it. So why again.. can't you do the same and instead have to resort to make a cheap looking map that 90% of people will be turned off at when looking at the screenshots?

Don't take this as personal attack or insult, take this as criticism and how to actually do something right for once.
If you don't choose to redo this whole project of yours, that's fine. But doing that would in the end be failure. If you want to actually succeed, go and redo the entire map. Port it, the textures and props alongside the other stuff I mentioned. Make it original, but actually resembling dust 2 in its style (i.e. keep it dust 2 with a desert theme, but change it to a night setting with barbed wires everywhere and signs of destruction/carnage like MotD turned a prison into a living hell).

So yeah, either redo it and actually do it right or keep it like this and just be another failure, someone who thought making a low effort map is actually something good. If the guy from Herrenhaus can do it, surely you should be able to do it s well, right?
Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:30:27 am by nomorevideos
Date Registered: 5 October 2014
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
dcred's Groups
dcred's Contact & Social Links
how do you start the game??
Respect
Forum Rank
Pack-a-Puncher
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
I make maps.
gustoman's Groups
how do you start the game??
please read description
Date Registered: 18 August 2013
Last active: 6 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
hyst92's Groups
hyst92's Contact & Social Links
can u add GKZ-45 Mk3? the ray gun mk3, thx, good map!

Loading ...