Date Registered: 4 August 2018
Last active: 4 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ReaperClown's Groups
ReaperClown's Contact & Social Links
Every time I try to launch the map my game crash, before even opening the mod menu. Is there any fix for this?
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 24 April 2013
Last active: 7 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
whippytrout's Contact & Social LinksWhippyTroutWhippyTrout
Every time I try to launch the map my game crash, before even opening the mod menu. Is there any fix for this?

Make sure you download T4M in the original post and put the .dll file into your games root folder. I explain it in the original post on how to find it the easy way. T4M allows the game to exceed it's limits so big maps like this will run.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ReaperClown's Groups
Make sure you download T4M in the original post and put the .dll file into your games root folder. I explain it in the original post on how to find it the easy way. T4M allows the game to exceed it's limits so big maps like this will run.

I already downloaded it, but it does not matter whether I use it or not, it always crashes in the same place, and it is not only on this map, any map that uses the T4M crash in the opening of the mod or in loading.
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
whippytrout's Groups
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.

I already downloaded it, but it does not matter whether I use it or not, it always crashes in the same place, and it is not only on this map, any map that uses the T4M crash in the opening of the mod or in loading.

If it crashes on all maps that use T4M then Call of Duty World at War is not using the T4M .dll file. You might have it in the wrong folder or place. Double check and make sure it's in the correct folder. Here is where it goes, make sure your's is is this location (Note you Cod Waw might not be in Steam if you don't own the Steam version):
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
ReaperClown's Groups
If it crashes on all maps that use T4M then Call of Duty World at War is not using the T4M .dll file. You might have it in the wrong folder or place. Double check and make sure it's in the correct folder. Here is where it goes, make sure your's is is this location (Note you Cod Waw might not be in Steam if you don't own the Steam version):

Thanks, I found out what it was, I had forgotten the LAN Fix, thanks for helping, great map by the way, good job!
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups

Thanks, I found out what it was, I had forgotten the LAN Fix, thanks for helping, great map by the way, good job!

Awesome! Glad you got it working. Thanks!  :)
Date Registered: 18 January 2015
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Kev21's Groups
Kev21's Contact & Social Links
Hey man, this map looks really cool and I want to play it, but every time I try to launch the game it says "unhandled exception caught". I have the steam version of the game and I put the dll file into my game directory. What gives?
Date Registered: 9 July 2018
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Covex's Groups
Covex's Contact & Social Links
I commented this on the wrong map, woops..
Anyway, whenever I attempt to launch the mod in-game, all it does is crash my game. I have T4M downloaded and everything, help please?
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
Hey man, this map looks really cool and I want to play it, but every time I try to launch the game it says "unhandled exception caught". I have the steam version of the game and I put the dll file into my game directory. What gives?

It's gotta be something. Try changing your graphics settings to Manuel and then set everything to Medium. Then Apply it and restart the entire game. If that doesn't work then double check that you put the T4M .dll file in the right place. If that doesn't work download T4M again and put it in there again. If that don't work try Verifying your Steam Cache for Cod Waw. I believe you just right click Cod Waw in your Steam library and its in the properties or settings somewhere. If that doesn't work then you can reinstall Alcatraz, maybe it didn't install correctly.

I think one of those should fix it.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Kev21's Groups
It's gotta be something. Try changing your graphics settings to Manuel and then set everything to Medium. Then Apply it and restart the entire game. If that doesn't work then double check that you put the T4M .dll file in the right place. If that doesn't work download T4M again and put it in there again. If that don't work try Verifying your Steam Cache for Cod Waw. I believe you just right click Cod Waw in your Steam library and its in the properties or settings somewhere. If that doesn't work then you can reinstall Alcatraz, maybe it didn't install correctly.

I think one of those should fix it.

I've tried reinstalling the map and the dll, I've verified the integrity of game cache, and reinstalled the game altogether, and I made sure to put it into the "steamapps/common/Call of Duty World at War" folder. The only thing I didn't try is changing the graphics settings. Where is the option to change all settings to medium? When I look in the menu you can only change the options for textures, antialiasing, etc. None of those have a "medium" option.
Date Registered: 8 July 2015
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
nuketown122's Groups
nuketown122's Contact & Social Links
I've been having this issue where I crash at a random point....reinstalled windows couple time (not for this issues tho), got all my driver up to date and why does it crash specifically on "this map"... I also have t4m in the right place so nothing working for me
Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 02:54:37 am by nuketown122
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
I've been having this issue where I crash at a random point....reinstalled windows couple time (not for this issues tho), got all my driver up to date and why does it crash specifically on "this map"... I also have t4m in the right place so nothing working for me

Hmmm that's weird. Does it crash at a certain point in the game every time? Or is it just random? I'm trying to figure out if it's something during the game that caused it or not. You can always verify your game cashe for cod waw in steam. You can also re-install Alcatraz. Maybe something went wrong.  ???  I've put this map through the ringer testing it under extreme conditions with massive amounts of fx and entities in order to try and crash it and couldn't get it to. My friends and me deliberately tried to crash it by screwing with all the settings and blasting wonderweapons full auto with endless clip lol. (Ah good times  :D)

I also tested on my crappy Walmart Dell laptop from 2010 and it ran on there (not very well fps wise lol) but it ran without crashing. It could be a T4M issue with certain OS or Hardware. I don't know hardly anything about T4M so I apologize. Like i said to some others, try lowering your graphics settings. I've always said Cod waw has a mind of it's own so just try anything. Maybe something will work.
Respect
Forum Rank
Fresh Corpse
Primary Group
Kev21's Groups
If it helps, this is what the console looks like when I get the error :

----- Initializing Renderer ----
execing ragdoll.cfg from disk
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
Trying SMP acceleration...
...succeeded.
----- R_Init -----
Getting Direct3D 9 interface...
Pixel shader version is 3.0
Vertex shader version is 3.0
Shader model 2.0 code path is available.
Shader model 3.0 code path is available.
Using Shader model 3.0 code path because it is the best available path on this hardware.
Attempting 1920 x 1080 fullscreen with 32 bpp at 60 hz
Game window successfully created.
Using 4x anti-aliasing
Creating Direct3D device...

Error during initialization:
Unhandled exception caught
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Community Mapper
My Groups
More
More
whippytrout's Groups
If it helps, this is what the console looks like when I get the error :

----- Initializing Renderer ----
execing ragdoll.cfg from disk
----- Client Initialization -----
----- Client Initialization Complete -----
Trying SMP acceleration...
...succeeded.
----- R_Init -----
Getting Direct3D 9 interface...
Pixel shader version is 3.0
Vertex shader version is 3.0
Shader model 2.0 code path is available.
Shader model 3.0 code path is available.
Using Shader model 3.0 code path because it is the best available path on this hardware.
Attempting 1920 x 1080 fullscreen with 32 bpp at 60 hz
Game window successfully created.
Using 4x anti-aliasing
Creating Direct3D device...

Error during initialization:
Unhandled exception caught

Hmmm. So I was looking around and it seems other people have a similar issue with Cod Waw. I found a topic here: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,10865.msg120375.html#msg120375

Do you have the disc version of the game or the Steam version? If it's the disk you may have to use a LanFix exe.

Also make sure your game is up to date. If you have it on Steam then your fine but if it's not on Steam then you have to make sure your game is running 1.7. I saw a post here with your same error code: https://www.ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,15447.msg151890.html#msg151890

I hope that helps. You can always reinstall Cod Waw as a last resort. I've had issues with maps not starting the first few times but I just keep trying until they work. (neva surrenda!!! hahahaha)  I had to try Ragnarok 3-4 times the other night before it let me and my friends all into the game without getting a weird error like yours. Cod Waw is just a pain in the booty, but it's fun when you eventually get it working.

Let me know how it goes,

Whippy
Date Registered: 27 July 2018
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Legless Crawler
Primary Group
More
BurningM's Groups
BurningM's Contact & Social LinksBurningM
This map is really cool, like I truly appreciate all the things that have gone into it. I mean I suck dick, so I haven't gotten all that high into the rounds yet, but I really feel a few more perks would be really handy. Like mule kick or stamin up, they wouldn't make the map gamebreakingly easy, but would make it less of a nightmare to get through sometimes. Not that it isn't fun, just wish it was a bit easier (I probably need to git gud, but still). I look forward to seeing any other maps you'll put out.

Edit: Just found a glitch, when I picked up monkeys and then later got the Hell's Retriever, I had to use up all three monkeys whenever I wanted to use the HR. Also the Symbol of the HR never shows on the hud. I believe that the monkeys should be replaced by the HR when the HR is picked up. Not really a big deal, but somewhat annoying.
Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:01:08 am by BurningM

Loading ...