UGX-Mods Login

or login with an authentication provider below
Sign In with Google
Sign In with Twitter
Sign In with Discord
Sign In with Steam
Sign In with Facebook
Sign In with Twitch

Zombies walking in place (moar halp plz)

broken avatar :(
Created 7 years ago
by kaizokuroof
Date Registered: 9 October 2016
Last active: 5 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
kaizokuroof's Contact & Social Links
Hey buds, I'm back again for more help. Everything has been going swimmingly, I've made a couple test maps with very bad detailing etc, to learn the ropes and fixed most of my issues a long the way.

This time however, i've followed all my previous ways to do things, put a lot of effort into the map, layout design and game play, but now it's come time to add the zombies in and I'm having issues.

I've taken some screenshots, in game and both in the editor.

This is taken from the window they're meant to run to.

The barrier is named thusly: start_zone_window1
It is copied and pasted from the one that starts in the map.
The zombie spawner is pointing to the correct zone spawner, the kvp "script_string" in the struct is set to start_zone_window1
There is no clipping stopping the zombie from accessing it. The barrier is floor height, so the zombies should be able to reach it.

Here is the in game editor

and another one for the map (lower)

Could it be that my map is raised off of the ground? It's still well within all the boundries, as I dared not to mess with that. Any help would be appreciated.

If it is caused by the map being in the sky, any assistance moving my entire map down would be cool too. none of it is prefabed so each room is part of that same layer.

Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Bumpity bump. Can I supply anything else that might be able to assist with people helping me?

I can upload my map file if that'd help?
Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:02:03 pm by kaizokuroof
Respect
Forum Rank
Rotting Walker
Primary Group
Donator ♥
My Groups
More
kaizokuroof's Groups
Hey guys,

I fixed it :) Not only did I move my map and all the scripts into a "New" map. But I also found that the brush the zombies were spawning on were causing the issue.

Previously I had changed texture of the brush they were spawning on and recreated the solid in which they spawned on, but no luck. After porting everything into a new map and changing the solid they spawn on, it appears to be all working. Hopefully this helps anyone else having similar issue. I should note it was one of the grass textures, not sure if that matters or not.

Loading ...