Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Signature
If Java had true garbage collection, most programs would delete themselves upon execution.
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
It has been brought to my attention that people are having trouble correctly porting Bamskater33's Black Ops 1 perks into UGX Mod v1.0.3.

I have gone through his entire tutorial and made the changes myself to the UGX Mod v1.0.3 files and made some corrections for UGX Mod compatibility.

How to Install

Assuming you have already added all the models + shaders to your mod and followed the rest of his tutorial:
  • Drop the downloaded bo1_perks_ugx_mod.iwd into your mod's appdata folder

Fixes

• Perk Hud now stacks properly when you obtain any BO perk
  • BO perks are now lost upon Quick Revive death
  • Mule Kick now works correctly and does not allow any infinite gun glitches
  • Mule Kick is no longer persistent through death
  • Stamin-up no longer breaks UGX Mod's Quickfoot powerup.
  • Jugg is now 4 hits instead of 3 (320 health instead of 250). This has nothing to do with Bam's perks but I thought I'd throw this in so that people with v1.0.3 will have fixed Jugg.

Credit to Bamskater33 obviously for his perk scripts, all I did was port them to UGX Mod v1.0.3

Shot of fixed perk HUD (shown in zNiiC's Ski Resort):

broken avatar :(
Former UGX Co-Founder
Date Registered: 24 June 2011
Last active: 1 year ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
UGX Co-Founder
My Groups
More
More
Signature
W1NG3D's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX Co-Founder
wins
Date Registered: 17 August 2013
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
Web & Software Developer and Designer
Signature
"Deleted code is debugged code." - Jeff Sickel
"Mathematicians stand on each others' shoulders and computer scientists stand on each others' toes." - Richard Hamming
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Just tested this out:
- With Mule Kick I am unable to obtain a third weapon.
- Perks don't show the way they do on the screenshot.
- Perks still don't dissapear when you die. (don't know if you actually fixed this but whatever, just mentioning)

These are the exact same bugs I found on Ski Resort when playing the map. Did you use zNiic's scripts? They are bugged as hell... Just saying. I'm currently working on a fixed Mule Kick myself and also trying to get the perks to dissapear.
Relentless Mapper
Date Registered: 21 August 2011
Last active: 2 weeks ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
Nuclear
My Groups
More
KDXDARK's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Nuclear
Nuclear
DARKLEGION's requested title
Community Mapper Has released one or more maps to the UGX-Mods community which have been added to the UGX Map Manager.
KDXDARK's Contact & Social Links
I was making mule kick script :(
[UGX] Founder
Last active: 8 months ago
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
UGX Site Moderator Has the ability to issue warnings to users, edit and remove posts from the forum and to move topics to other boards. Upholds the rules of the forum. Moderates Chat Rooms.
Just tested this out:
- With Mule Kick I am unable to obtain a third weapon.
- Perks don't show the way they do on the screenshot.
- Perks still don't dissapear when you die. (don't know if you actually fixed this but whatever, just mentioning)

These are the exact same bugs I found on Ski Resort when playing the map. Did you use zNiic's scripts? They are bugged as hell... Just saying. I'm currently working on a fixed Mule Kick myself and also trying to get the perks to dissapear.
That sounds like my iwd isn't even taking effect on your map - Maybe my iwd isn't overriding the other iwd's. Open your IWDs and delete all instances of _zombiemode_perks.gsc, _zombiemode_perks_black_ops.gsc, ugxm_powerups.gsc, _zombiemode_weapons.gsc - but leave the bo1_perks_ugx_mod alone.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
JR-Imagine's Groups
Community Scripter Has shown effort and knowledge in the area of scripting while being a part of the UGX-Mods community.
Hmm... Why didn't I think of that? XD Though, wouldn't it be easier to have them in ugx_mod.iwd? Guess as long as I override them with the new ones it doesn't matter? I'll edit with the results.
Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:24:47 pm by JR-Imagine
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Hmm... Why didn't I think of that? XD Though, wouldn't it be easier to have them in ugx_mod.iwd? Guess as long as I override them with the new ones it doesn't matter? I'll edit with the results.
I was trying to make an easier install process, but apparently it's not working in all situations. Let me know how it goes. I was not aware that perks were not lost on death. Let me know if this still happening after you apply my files.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
JR-Imagine's Groups
They work now. (mostly) One problem though: When I have 2 weapons + Mule Kick and I get a weap from the box it replaces my current weapon instead of giving me a third. Also, perks still don't go away if you die, propably (as you already told me) because unsetPerk is being used still.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
They work now. (mostly) One problem though: When I have 2 weapons + Mule Kick and I get a weap from the box it replaces my current weapon instead of giving me a third. Also, perks still don't go away if you die, propably (as you already told me) because unsetPerk is being used still.
I added a check for the random box - are you sure my _zombiemode_weapons.gsc is being loaded (and not the one in UGX Mod or the mapname iwd)? Are you able to get 3 weapons using wall spots?

I will address the perks on death issue when I get home.
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
JR-Imagine's Groups
Yeah, I don't have one in mapname.iwd and I overwrited the one from ugx_mod.iwd with yours. Wall weapons work but box doesn't. If I have 3 weapons it does however. ;) Also tested PAP, works like a charm.
EDIT: I'll try rebuilding the mod and recompiling the map to make sure it's not just me. :P (I've had those cases where my mod.ff was responsible for some weird stuff... XD)
Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 07:43:33 pm by JR-Imagine
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Yeah, I don't have one in mapname.iwd and I overwrited the one from ugx_mod.iwd with yours. Wall weapons work but box doesn't. If I have 3 weapons it does however. ;) Also tested PAP, works like a charm.
Ok, I'll take another look when I get home - does the perk death bug happen in maps without UGX mod v1.0.3? Or is it only present in UGX Mod v1.0.3 maps?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
JR-Imagine's Groups
Ok, I'll take another look when I get home - does the perk death bug happen in maps without UGX mod v1.0.3? Or is it only present in UGX Mod v1.0.3 maps?
Hmm... I've never actually bothered testing, I thought it didn't but I'll test it real quick. ;)

EDIT: Nope, works fine in a stock map.

EDIT 2: Nope, after rebuilding and recompiling I still can't get a third weapon from the box.
Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 08:29:52 pm by JR-Imagine
☭ Soviet Commander ☭
Date Registered: 13 August 2012
Last active: 8 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
King of the Zombies
Primary Group
Community Daedra
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Let's keep this thread on topic from here on in. -DBZ

+1 to off-topic reply -DBZ

lmao. Too funny.

Goliath Script Placer: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,11234.msg125257/topicseen.html#new

"...Christ, people. Learn C, instead of just stringing random characters
together until it compiles (with warnings)..."

-Linus Torvalds
daedra descent's Groups
Community Daedra
Community Daedra
daedra descent's Contact & Social LinksBlueSoviet
Is this an UGX only thing, or can it be added to stock maps aswell?
Respect
Forum Rank
Perk Hacker
Primary Group
Community Scripter
My Groups
More
More
Personal Quote
JR-Imagine's Groups
Is this an UGX only thing, or can it be added to stock maps aswell?

UGX only unless you modify the code. ;) There were some serious issues with the perks running on UGX Mod.
[UGX] Founder
Respect
6,691Add +1
Forum Rank
Immortal
Primary Group
UGX Administrator
My Groups
More
More
treminaor's Groups
UGX Administrator
UGX Team Member
Alright, I fixed the perk death issue and the random box issue - redownload the iwd. Let me know if anything else is wrong.

Instructions added to first post.

Loading ...