More
My Contact & Social Links
More
Personal Quote
'Straya Mate
Signature
Please give me beta access, I would LOVE to test CO-OP
JiffyNoodles's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
Custom Map Reviewer Has permission to post map review topics in the Custom Map Reviews section of the forum.
Oil Rig Beta Access
Oil Rig Beta Access
Welcome to Snowglobe, a map that is cool in every essence of the word. This map was made by the legendary JBird632, not to be confused with jbird, and was released on December 28th, 2014 as a part of the YouAlwaysWish-You-Could-Play-This-Map-but-can’t-because-YouTube-Money, I mean YouAlwaysWin Christmas Map Competition. This map won 1st place, and was a well-received map from the community, as people always have hype around a JBird632 Map, as his quality has proven to us why.

Now, without further ado, let’s get into the pros and cons of this map.

PROS:

Black Ops Weapons: Now, before you grab your Pitchforks and come after me, hear me out. These are JBird632’s Black Ops Weapons, not Rorke’s old ports, so they are done right, and perform much like their Official Counterparts. Pack-a-Punching becomes a nice surprise to notice a Masterkey on my AUG, as well as its Unique Scope, the Commando with Dual Mag and the M16 with its classic Noob-Tube. The Custom Wonder Weapon is also nice, it’s method of disposing of the zombies is fun to watch, as zombies are just sucked out of existence like they so happened to fall through a portal.

Vigor Rush: This is an amazing perk, period. Sure, you can always say that ‘it’s the other half of DT 2.0’ but I disagree. This perk seems stronger than the Double Damage that Double Tap 2.0 offers, and I was able to Melt zombies with single headshots up into the Mid 20’s with ease.

Boss Zombies change it up: I like what JBird632 was going for. The Santa Boss drops pressies upon spawning and you can open them immediately, and the presents come in all forms. The longer they take to open, the better the prize on the Inside. For instance, one gift could take 2 seconds, and you’ll get a hold of 250 points, but, if the present takes 8-9 seconds to open, you could get a free weapon, or even a free perk.

The Frostbite Zombie is a nICE change to the mix (hehe, I made an Ice Pun). Once he spawns, the closer you are to him, the slower you move, and if he’s right near you, you’ll be going at a snails pace, and are easily prone to being obliterated by other zombies. The easiest Method of taking him out is to Kamikaze charge at him, because once he is activated, you are freed of his frozen grasp, then just run in the opposite Direction of him but, be aware, you will be prone to being one hit for at least 3-4 seconds after doing this without PHD Flopper, so, remember that.

The Shooting Gallery Mini-Game: This was a lot of fun, as it tests out your reaction skills (come at me Fine Bros). This can be done multiple times, but, you need to score 60 or over to get a piece of the Christmas tree. Speed Cola is critical to this, as you need to reload fast at the end when the targets rise and drop very fast.

Domination: This is the 1st time I’ve seen someone attempt something like this. And to be honest, I loved it, as it creates a very intense environment, as you struggle to capture the flags while being swarmed by the Undead. Sure, it would’ve been easier in Co-op, but I don’t have enough friends to do such a thing, so I was stuck with doing it in solo.

The Shaking of the map: This map lives up to its name. Every so often, the map just shakes violently, to emulate a little kid just shaking their newfound present.

The Ending: Very Nice and cheerful, definitely added to the festive/Holiday feel.

A 4 Perk Limit including a way to earn more: This is how I like zombies to be. You choose your four perks, and are still able to do certain things to earn more than the limit.

Now, no map is perfect, so let’s get into the Cons for this map.

CONS

UGX-Mod: I personally despise the UGX-Mod, especially the V1.0 editions. As it limits what you can do with the features inside the maps themselves. As well that it has been used by every new mapper ever since it’s induction, so it’s gone stale and has rotted away worse than the zombies have. Here’s to hoping UGX-Mod V1.1 doesn’t suffer the same fate.

Broken W@W Knifing: This map has the W@W Knife, which I don’t mind, since I’ve been dealing with it for ages, but for some reason, on this map, it’s broken. By that I mean that the normal swing is slower than normal, which is annoying when trying to do a melee without activating the classic lunge.

The Rarity of the Wonder Weapon in the Box: This bamboozles me. It always takes me at least 10,000 points to get the weapon to do one single step. Yeah, that’s right, you need it to beat the map, so watch as you throw your money down the drain as you hit the box time after time again to no avail. I’m sure the figures are the same as the chances of getting the Thundergun or something like that, But I’ve had better luck getting the VR-11 on Call of the Dead than I’ve had getting this weapon from the box. And even after spending your life savings on it. It isn’t as god-tier as you would expect from a weapons that is so rare, like an Albino Whale, so it lets you down, like your favourite sporting team after a hard defeat in the Grand Final.

Hugging: Human Hugging is nice, Zombie hugging isn’t. Period.

Final Verdict
Level Detail: 9/10. Snowy maps always seem to have a nice vibe about them.
Custom Content: 7/10. Majority of the items in this map are custom. No Custom Knife Model.
Fun Scale: 8/10. Between Classic and Domination, this map is fun.
Replayability: 6/10. The maps replayability lies in the Domination Mode, as classic is a one-off thing.
Overall Score: 30/40

Download Link: http://ugx-mods.com/forum/index.php/topic,5147.0.html
broken avatar :(
Date Registered: 2 November 2014
Last active: 2 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Colossus
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Embrace the Darkness
Tim Smith's Groups
Tim Smith's Contact & Social Linkstimsmith90THEREALBaDBoY17TimSmithMy clan Website
Nice review! Had fun playing the map. And santa was kinda a dick. So Op.
RadihaX
Date Registered: 2 September 2012
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
The Decider
Primary Group
Community Mapper Elite
My Groups
More
More
Signature
Overrun
Lockdown
Overrun (Black Ops Mod)
Snowglobe
Leviathan
Abandoned School
Ski Resort
Leviathan Redux
JBird632's Groups
Donator ♥ Benevolent Soul who has our eternal gratitude and exclusive access to betas and the donator section of the forum.
UGX V.I.P.
UGX V.I.P.
Community Mapper Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom mapping in the UGX-Mods community.
Community Scripter Elite Has shown excellence and experience in the area of custom scripting in the UGX-Mods community.
BO3 Modtools Alpha
BO3 Modtools Alpha
This user has access to the Black Ops 3 Modtools Alpha
JBird632's Contact & Social LinksJBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632JBird632Mapper
Thanks for the review JiffyNoodles  :)
Senpai
Date Registered: 28 September 2013
Last active: 3 years ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Zombie Enslaver
Primary Group
Box Mappers Elite
My Groups
More
More
arceus's Groups
Box Mappers Elite
Box Mappers Elite
arceus's Contact & Social LinksarceusNT
This was a lot of fun, as it tests out your reaction skills (come at me Fine Bros).
best review 10/10
Date Registered: 17 January 2015
Last active: 4 months ago
Respect
Forum Rank
Mr. Elemental
Primary Group
More
Personal Quote
Professional Change Counter
Signature

zombie lover / beta tester in training / perfectly loved
This map was absolutely sweet, thanks for the nice review Jiffy :)

Loading ...